Keep crashing on Xbox series x

Options
Didds1980
Didds1980 Member Posts: 14

I just reinstalled it on my series X, and it prompt me to upgrade it so I did. Now when I load the game up and select play as survivor, it crashes/freezes then closes down after awhile.

34 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• didds
    didds Member Posts: 9
    Options

So it keeps doing this. See video

• didds
    didds Member Posts: 9
    Options

Wheres the video i put up

• tj0108
    tj0108 Member Posts: 71
    Options

same here. i can’t play without non stop crashing and neither can by buddies

• tj0108
    tj0108 Member Posts: 71
    Options

it happens to me and all my buddies to. it even crashes when i try to load in as killer. unplayable right now

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,505
    Options

Hi, sorry that you are having this issue - I really need some videos on this, showing what's happening and how the crash is occuring, I'd also need your GamerTags so we can investigate our end - the video will be really helpful, especially showing the whole thing, exactly what it crashes to etc.

• Gr8saw
    Gr8saw Member Posts: 1
    Options

For me it happens when I spend bloodpoints. I might try to get a video of it later.

• trixietbc
    trixietbc Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Options

Game crashes when i try to play survive with friends on my series x

• xCooperJ
    xCooperJ Member Posts: 2
    Options

Happens to me too. Just pressing play as survivor on the xbox series x it will freeze and then crash. Every time... wow. Something as simple as preparing the game to even do something as simple as a menu and they still mess that up.

• ellaheath97
    ellaheath97 Member Posts: 16
    Options

On Xbox Series S, the game crashes as soon as it launches.

• Lavindathar
    Lavindathar Member Posts: 38
    Options

@MandyTalk you really don’t need a video.

you just need to try it yourself on a Series X. I’ve tested the upgraded version on two consoles, both do exactly the same as in the above video. As soon as you load the lobby, it crashes. Sometimes when you enter the archive. It’s a 99% crash rate right now.

it’s ridiculous I have two XSX’s sat here and if I want to play DbD I have to go back to my 1x. I love the surprise we got by releasing this, but it’s obviously not been tested and has rendered the game unplayable.

• Mandy
    Options

@Lavindathar whilst I appreciate your frustration, yes we did need video as we were unable to repro this on our side. Thanks to assistance from people on this forum, who've helped me with this today, we now have more information and the team is looking into it.

• Lavindathar
    edited November 2020
    Options

Erm. How? Have you seen this forum? Have you seen reddit?

ive tested two consoles, my brother has tested two, all my friends have tested....not a single one doesn’t have this issue.

I find it strange when everyone who’s on a launch day SX has this issue, yet you can’t reproduce it? Unless your using the dev kit SX to test (which I really hope not) how do you guys not get this issue yet everyone else does?

regardless, can you give any insight on fix etc? Have you found the issue? Can it be patched relatively quickly etc?

• Anstecknaddel
    Anstecknaddel Member Posts: 1
    Options

same here on series x..... unplayable at this moment!! thx behaviour for this issue.... i spent my money for the battle pass and now i cant play because the one x is sold!!!

• Lavindathar
    Options

This was my issue. I went to Twitter, then reddit, and finally here.

no official engagement except ‘can you send us a video of a static freeze screen lulkek’.

simple announcement even saying you’re aware of the issue, and keep us updated for a fix.

• Myke
    Myke Member Posts: 5
    Options

Same issue here, and literally every single friend which bought Series X can't play DbD...

• Rubberducko
    Rubberducko Member Posts: 3
    Options

It’s just shows there complete lack of care for console players. They would rather advertise the new expansion and pin the tweets from there PC streamers than actually respond and give us any feedback on what they are actually doing. Drives me mad considering it takes a minute to get something out and actually communicate.

• Magistrix86
    Magistrix86 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Very frustrated. Literally as soon as you click “PLAY AS SURVIVOR” the screen freezes and all icons go away. Just the screen as shown and then it completely kicks you out of game to your Home Screen.

• Lavindathar
    Options

But but, looking at what is in the streamers box is super important!

• Ash
    Ash Member Posts: 15
    Options
  • Gnarly_grim
    Gnarly_grim Member Posts: 1
    Options

I signed up to confirm this is happening with me and my friend ...both on series x

• tednie
    tednie Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020
    Options

why am I not surprised DBD is buggy lol. I should have mentally prepared for this, now I’m sad. Attached is my video, it’s the same as all the others

• DarthBane
    DarthBane Member Posts: 13
    Options

Here the picture of the freeze. GT InsaneDarthBane, xbox series x. Hopefully something happens soon. I love dbd and would like to experience it on my new system. I'm repeating every other message on the form. Mods asking for proof is silly when obviously its a major issue across the series x system. This is picture of me accepting a friend's request and freezing on the loading screen.

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Ugh maybe I'll wait to sell my one x I was looking forward to playing on series x tomorrow my system is getting in late tomorrow. I hope they sort this out soon

• Tapion
    Tapion Member Posts: 2
    Options

Having the same issue. Worked fine on Xbox One. Got my Series X. Updated and same thing happening.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2020
    Options

Same issue, its completly random

-start of the menu

-when i click on killer

-when i click on Survivor

-when i do anything

-one time i could play the game but it froze as soon as the game was over

Post edited by M4dBoOmr on
  • Didds1980
    Options

How do I share a clip? I tried that and video never came up

• Didds1980
    Options

I own the pass and losing days to level it up

• Didds1980
    Options

I just tried to submit a videoin the ticket thing and nothing???

• Didds1980
    Options

Here is the video above if it works uploading it

• Didds1980
    Options

See I'm submitting a video but it's not appearing

• Thund3rstruck57
    Thund3rstruck57 Member Posts: 240
    Options

I'm having this exact issue as well on my new Xbox Series X as well. I have downloaded the next-gen update for this game as prompted, but whenever I select "play as survivor" in the main menu, the game freezes and then crashes.

• Dplayer360
    Dplayer360 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Every time you are placed into any sort of lobby (public or custom) the game freezes, you are unable to do anything at this point and the game force quits itself. I managed after hours of testing to get as far as being in a lobby but it froze when other players joined. See picture below, this is a when it is frozen in place. I hope there will be a hot fix for the series x/s soon!

• Cokitus
    Cokitus Member Posts: 4
    Options

Same here, i can't play as survivor or killer, freezes everytime y try to enter a lobby. I'm losing days to level the rift pass... It's a shame that your twitter does not say anything about it.

• fusy
    fusy Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same issue on series s.

Load into a survive lobby - freezes.

Load into a full lobby as the killer - freezes.

I've deleted the game, restarted the console and redownloaded the game and still having the same problem.

Are there any updates on this? It's day two now being unable to play the game and nothing's been said

• Mandy
    Options

Hi, trying to get as much information as possible on this...are any of you still able to play the game on the regular Xbox 1 or are you facing the same problems there?

• L14M2013
    L14M2013 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
    Options

No issues playing on an Xbox One S, loads and runs totally normally. It's just happening on the Xbox Series X. I've heard people are having trouble with the game on Xbox Series S as well, but I have no direct experience of that as I don't have one.

• Rubberducko
    Rubberducko Member Posts: 3
    Options

Xbox x is fine as we were playing this 2 days ago, this issue is related to the upgrade patch. How has it took you nearly 24 hours to ask for more information on this? Your entire special media hasn’t posted anything about this issue and what they are doing about it and to be honest its shocking to see. People have paid good money for passes to earn extra items and seem to think it’s acceptable to react this way? Maybe if you got something out on your social media accounts you might get more information quickly rather than stick your heads in the sand. After all this isn’t your typical small bug that happens at times, it’s completely game breaking.

• Myke
    Myke Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    Options

Works OK on Xbox One X, series X still not working. Tried redownload, console factory reset, nothing... Also tried different resolutions, 720p, 1080p 60hz/120hz, 1440p 60hz. Survivor & Killer training works. I guess time to learn moonwalking :))))

• DarthBane
    DarthBane Member Posts: 13
    Options

No just on the xbox series x enhanced verison of dbd. So is this a Dead by Daylight issue or Xbox? you keep asking questions like you might not know if its the game or the console. I have friends that can play it but I paid 500 for a better experience on dbd and its unplayable. I have to play it on my xbox one x to play? Doesn't even makes me want to play anymore for real. any game at that matter its just a downer that no word from dbd about the problem even exists. Just send us a video.. gt.... of the bug... the game is unplayable... only dbd is unplayable i can play every other game on my series x but not dbd......

• Zano1515
    Zano1515 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Please fix this issue asap, is really frustrating buy a new console and be unable to play for a bug

• Breakshot
    Breakshot Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah works fine on One and One X here and broken on two Series X's. Issue is same as others have described. I was buzzing seeing the next-gen upgrade and disappointed just as quick. 😥

• CountVlad
    CountVlad Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same issue in my household. We have both a Series X and Series S. Both have wired connections to the same router. My daughter's Series S is able to run DBD just fine, however, my son's Series X was crashing/freezing constantly last night. I think someone mentioned above that the 4k texture pack for the Series X may be to blame. Seeing as my daughter's Series S runs just fine, I am starting to think this may be the culprit.

• Lavindathar
    Options

May I direct you to DBD official Twitter where you can see the excitement and important issues surrounding ‘what’s in the box’.

hopefully this makes up for not being able to play the game at all.

• HulkinPUNK
    HulkinPUNK Member Posts: 9
    Options

Just made an account here to report my series x doing the same thing. Immediately crashes when I try survivor, killer crashes as I load into the online lobby with other players. I can go to the archives, rift, and the store but any lobby that I can connect to another player in crashes Immediately

• Tapion
    Tapion Member Posts: 2
    Options

https://youtu.be/gjGF7YFvvSI - video of me trying to select Play as Survivor and crashing on Series X. Picture included to show i have the X update. If you need more examples from people. Hope able to get a fix soon. Played just fine yesterday on the One X. Purchased the Rift Pass as well. Got my Series X and getting this issue now.