Unpopular opinion: Survivor is easy

Options
DarthRevan21
DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

As a Killer main {M.Myers, GF, and Freddy} I personally find those who main Survivor are generally not as good at the game as killer mains.

Let’s face it the survivors have only one objective, repair 5 generators and escape, compare that to the objectives of the killers, and it’s like comparing primary school children to Adults with full time jobs.

Not only is the role of Survivor boring and easy, the “Pro” survivor mains have the audacity to whine and complain about various tactics killers use to gain the upper hand, or using perks that slow the game down. 

Such as:

“OmG TuNnElLeR!!!” or “BoRiNg KiLlEr!!” or “rUiN UnDyinG n00b” and the one that I get accused of the most “waaaa!! U SlUgGeD Me I RePoRt”

Or using a good build as a killer {They all DC}, using a fun build as killer {They taunt you for only getting a 2 K}

It is ridiculous, and what makes it even worse is the fact that Survivors can use even worse tactics such as Genrushing, gen speeds are way to fast and that is when they dont bring in toolboxes with the right add ons. 

And the absolute audacity of completing a gen in the killers face.

And not to mention the outright broken survivor perks.

So here are some solutions to change the Survivor experience: {make them less cocky}

• Survivors should not be able to use map offerings. {like 5 games in a row i got nothing but toxic swfs, using survivor sided map offerings}.

• Or make it so the survivors need to find items scattered across the map in order to start working on a generator.

• Add a 3 second cool down to Survivor crouching (T bagging is pathetic no argument here).

• If a Survivor completes a gen within 10 meters of a Killer they will get a penalty like (The Exhaustion effect, or they cant work on another gen for 180 seconds).

Don't mean to sound like I am ranting but change needs to happen, it's simply unfair that Survivors complain about everything Killers do, (Even if we are playing around with a non-meta build)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73
    Options

How is this bait?? I am simply pointing out why i think Survivors have no right to whine and complain when their job is easy.

• timewrangler
    timewrangler Member Posts: 7
    Options

180 seconds cooldown for doing gens close to the killer? Ok then, obviously i will leave my 99% gen to you pop it.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

wait....are you not negating your own argument?

If survivor being easy is an unpopulair opinion, then more people then not do not agree and seeing as its an opinion anyway if something is easy that means that you are just wrong in having that opinion....

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

This post just comes across to me that you're being triggered by survivors. I mean, cooldown on T-Bagging? Are you really that offended by a motion of up and down? Denying Gens for 180 seconds because it got done in your face? Seriously? You realise there is a challenge for doing that right? And you state survivors complain about everything a killer does? Do you not see the miltitude of Survivor Perk X must be nerfed? This constant Us VS them is the very reason this game will never be balanced because one side always has to trump the other over petty things. Maybe just play the game and have fun?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Assuming it's not bait (looks at OP's post count ----> it is), it's the player, not the role. This is a very sterile discussion. One could say, for example, that a killer main who thinks survivor mains are babies is in turn a baby himself/herself for the unfounded overgeneralization. See what I did there?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Ngl I swear I've seen this exact thread at least 3 times before thusfar in November wdum "unpopular"?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Yeah I'm amazed mods even leave these types of threads up still. It's just endless shitflinging.

• nina1121
    nina1121 Member Posts: 127
    Options

You're obviously triggered by survivors and there's nothing else in your post but hypocrisy talking about whining while you wrote whole crying paragraph about survivor another entitled killer main who talks only about survivors instead their own side take a break because I can sense the pressure in this post it's not healthy imagine complaining this much over a game but anyway this just proof how many toxic people there is in this game

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

This is the opposite of "unpopular" opinion

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I agree that it is easier to play survivor than killer, but I don't agree that it is always easy. As a killer, you rely only on yourself, which might go well or not. As survivor, you have to rely on the team. Get a weak team (someone is afk for a time, they hide a lot in fear, they just want to farm instead of fixing, etc) and you are probably screwed.

Also, as a survivor you are on a gen, 95%, the killer is coming and you just leave the gen? Well, I see a lot of people doing it, afraid of a hit. I try to finish the gen, because if the killer hits me, I run off, then he/she kicks the gen, then tries to chase me, by the time I come back, it will be at 50% or less, so a lot of time is lost. I don't agree that there should be a punishment for survivors to do what they should. It's the same as the killer seeing someone approaching the hook and not going back or if they do, they would have a punishment. Would that be ok with a killer? I think not, so the survivor should not be punished for doing the gen too. Both are doing what their objective is.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

By suggesting survivors can't work on another gen for 3 minutes after completing a gen in the killer's face...

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68
    Options

This is not a controversial opinion. This is the intended design as stated by devs.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

This is a popular opinion, for those that don't play survivor at a high level.

I play both roles at high rank, and honestly, Killer is the easier role to pick up and do well in because the objective and way to loop is self explanatory; survivor has an insane skill ceiling, but so does killer. Neither is actually easier overall. Killer is easier to pick up, but both have similar skill ceilings. Issue comes when certain killers deny the skill of the other side. (Deathslinger, Spirit, 7k hour Nurse mains)

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

It is not an unpopular opinion. it is common information. this game is based around survivor dunking on the killer (at least at moderate to higher ranks)

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Bs, try playing solo queue with rank 21 teammates and a tunneling killer. Bet that'll be easy right?

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103
    Options

This has to be the worst post I have ever seen. This game is most definitely killer sided. The maps are too small for killer movement speed. The gens are way slower than they used to be and actually I find that in most games in the red ranks as a survivor I can’t get my objective done because people go down too quickly. It’s not common for survivors to gen rush really. The gens are slow enough in relation to how fast killers can down and how easy it is to find survivors in the first place.

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52
    Options

I honestly find killer easier

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103
    Options

my personal experience killers are still in the power seat. In almost every single game it’s 3-4K for me. As a survivor I’ll be lucky to live unless I bring a key 😂 survivors get stomped on match after match. It’s already not fun to do gens let alone stare at yourself on a hook. Killers got it so good 😂😂😂😂

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52
    Options

It's just a game, if you don't like killer main then switch, I'm a killer main and I'm on console, I think it's easier and more fun as killer

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

This I totally agree with. I play solo and not all teammates are created equal lol! I hate seeing people diss survivor mains all the time because they're a killer main, it just irks me when my team works hard against slugging and camping and then are told 'ez baby survivor' stuff by the killer to my teammates that brought unbreakable or DS, because they'd probably have the 'small pp build' (iconic name tho i kinda love it) if most matches went that way, too.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Solo surviving is easy, and hard it all depends on the killers skill. But survivor is always less stressful and more relaxing, that I think everyone can agree on. Which is most fun is up for debate.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 606
    Options

Its so painfully obvious you've never played survivor in your life. Sure, survivor is easier than killer because as a killer you have multiple killers to master while survivors are all the same, but it doesn't mean playing them is easy. If you don't know how to loop, you are going to be a massive detriment to the team, and looping takes a really long time to get good at. Not only do you need to spend a lot of time getting good at basic looping (Around 200 hours) but then you need to also master how to spend your time as efficiently as possible and how to counter certain killers like Billy or huntress or Nurse which is going to take even more time to get good against. Also forgot to mention that your going to have to spend even more time learning the structures on every single map and how to use them efficiently as well.

Inb4 "I have 3000 hours in the game and I've played survivor."

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

this is not unpopular opinion it fact

this bait?

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

If all survivors are potatoes, then yes, the difficulty of the Killer role does go down considerably. But this game isn't just about rank 20's

But if we are talking an average red-rank game, killer is still harder, that's a non-negotiable fact.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

I agree with this, thank you for putting it into words.

I get so much anxiety when playing Killer, but exclusively Killer mains (and entitled Survivor mains) don't grasp how difficult it is to coordinate in SoloQ. I literally see OP's suggestions and I'm all "Jesus". Survivors already have a complex gameplay and I don't think adding more to it will make it any more enjoyable. There is no way to balance most of the points given.

As a Survivor or Killer, I only bring map offerings after I've gotten several matches in the same map in a row and I am tired of it or if I need to do a bloody challenge -- like falling off a great height while being chases because otherwise chances are I will get flat maps with nothing to use for it.

Adding more time to generator repairs by gathering tools to do so would only be balanced by reducing the number of generators that need to be repaired. Repairing already feels like an eternity to face Thanatophobia, Dying Light, Ruin, Pop Goes The Weasel and Tinkerer to make it even longer -- especially if these tools are consumed by use.

I don't t-bag Killers as a Survivor, but that cooldown is an exaggeration -- especially in critical moments when you have to be crouching back and forth for other reasons. I don't condone people that t-bag, it's tacky, I will give you that.

That last point is an absolute overkill. Survivors should not be punished for something like that.

It's your opinion, I respect it, but I wholly disagree with it. Both sides have their struggles, but I do recognise Killer has a more complex gameplay.

• dead_by_comment
    dead_by_comment Member Posts: 1
    Options

IMO, survivor is a lot easier and much less stressful; on the other hand, while killer requires more skill and concentration, it is really, really more rewarding when you win (by "win" I mean like 3k or 4k)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

The objective really is easy as survivor. Fix 5 gens that take 80 seconds by default or even less if you use certain perks or toolboxes, open the gate and get out.

That's easy on paper especially considering this small task is shared amongst FOUR people but obviously it's still too difficult for most survivors considering how easy it is to 4k most of the time.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Survivor is easy af.

Its weird you think its an unpopular opinion. I, and many others, have been saying its easy since forever.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231
    Options

I actually find playing killer to be the easier and less stressful of the two. When I play killer, for the most part, I’m in control of how the match plays out. When I’m playing as survivor, I can’t do everything myself and if my fellow teammates are useless, that bites me in the ass.

When I play survivor, I think my teammates kill me more than the actual killer. The constant blowing up of the generators and then running off whilst you take the blame. Missing a skill check whilst healing you and running off and causing a repeat of the above. Farming each other of the hooks whilst the killer hasn’t even left.

I could honestly go on and on. Survivor is easier on paper. But tell that to my stress levels lol.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

This opinion is not unpopular at all.

• quoclong
    quoclong Member Posts: 24
    Options

Killers can be considered harder because each killer is different and you have to learn their abilities while survivors on the other hand are all basically the same but with different skins. Survivors generally require a bit more skill (depending on killer though) because as survivor you have to predict/read the mind games of the killer. Majority of the killers hits/kills are because of survivor mistakes, although most of the time 1v1 the killer will eventually down the survivor. So saying survivor has no skill means you do not play survivor much or dont know how to play it properly. If you notice the high tier survivors WANT to be engage with killer, they are confident in their skills to outsmart a killer or at least stall long enough for their teammates to complete objectives.

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279
    Options

dude as someone who plays both sides equally I can say 1000% that survivor is waaaaay to focking easy, in-fact it makes it so damn boring, its supposed to be a damn horror game but its not scary because of how easy it is

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279
    edited November 2020
    Options

It is extremely easy solo and with friends especially.. this is coming from me a person who has been playing the game since launch and has been playing both sides equally. survivor is too damn easy, and I am a solo player (-_-) its so damn easy that its boring. all you need to do is run and vault and you are good. there is no challenge survivor side, especially with all the second chance perks that survivors have. combining theses perks can essentially make you invincible and give you like 4 chances, and that's not counting teammates ability's that give you "YET ANOTHER CHANCE" either. While on killer side you have to force a survivor to make either 2 or 3 mistakes to even get a down, "depending on the loops and etc."

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

The only thing that makes killer harder in this game is time.

lts not about skill or perks or addons. The killer only has a certain amount of time and survivors don’t.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    Options

Killer is harder with varying skillcaps depending on the killer

Survivor is easier with a massive skillcap

Thats it

• SypherDivine
    SypherDivine Member Posts: 1
    Options

Dude you sound like a yellow rank survivor. Face a level 1 Freddy or Spirit and get back to me on how it is way too easy to win and that there wasn't a 3k or 4k in the match. If you want a challenge get to high purple or red ranks and you will be facing plenty of killers who will make you eat your words.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

3000 hours. Killers are Easy as hell