Unpopular opinion: Survivor is easy

Options
2»

Comments

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    Options

Your a killer main what would you know? I thought killer was easy because when I played it I 4ked super easy until I ranked up a bit so if you only played survivor a few times it probably is pretty easy.

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279
    edited November 2020
    Options

been playing since launch dude. and those scenarios are easy, very easy, Its so easy its boring and understand both sides, also ranks mean nothing. I've been to red and they all suck its hard for me not to get to red unless I take long break

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

omg you cant say killer is easy, the forums will be in an uproar. you better off them a full team of 4 console survivors for them to easy 4k or else they'll hunt you down for ridiculing their power role.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

mans needs to stop playing freddy and try out solo queue survivor and see how much fun he has :)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020
    Options

I try to be impartial despite being primarily a killer as I think its the only way you can see the bigger picture of balance in DBD. Not to sound preachy or pretentious as there's a lot of people on here that feel the same. Mainly the users who have been here from the start. There's also a few content creators like ScottJund or Otzdarva that despite playing killer have very educated opinions on balance and the long term health of this game.

Of course, when you don't join the killer/survivor victimhood hivemind you'll often get accused of being a salty [insert player role here] main.

Sure there are things that are frustrating as killer, but try playing solo survivor and seeing it from the other side sometimes.

For example, Freddy or Deathslinger might feel weak when you get mulched by a red rank 4 man SWF and you want them buffed. But play against them in a 4 man solo and see how 'weak' they really are then. (This is what made me stop using slowdown builds on Freddy. Seriously its up there with Stridor Spirit as the worse experience in DBD).

Likewise, you might not think DS/UB is a big deal when you use it solo, because it isn't, but go up against a sweat squad running them and see how much fun you're having then.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Killer is not harder at all. You think surv is easier only because you are comparing 1 escape against 4k. Do you really think that escape is easier than 1k?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

The easy part of the survivor role is that the killer can have to chase 3 other players before even targeting/chasing you. I've had games where I've not encountered the killer all game because the other 3 wasted his time and I got gens done. The killer has to play close to perfect to win the game, the survivors at times only need to aim and hold r1.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2020
    Options

"Been playing since launch" you're probably very good and that's why you don't have difficulty.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41
    Options

It would be nice to play anything In this game after all the money I spent into it z get a new Xbox and you don’t play . Get a ps4 you don’t play . Get a used Xbox 360 u can play it.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

"add a 3 second cooldown after crouch"

and now we see why he stopped by the forum to make this thread

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

It literally is once you reach red ranks. You just need to not have yourself or your teammates make horrendous mistakes over and over, and keep on the gens, and you're all good. Ruin/Undying and Corrupt Intervention and things like that merely slow the game down; those perks don't even do anything for the killer chase-wise.