The twins is everything a killer should be.

Options

For me, the twins have what the Blight lacked. They have a powerful ability that looks fun to use, a cool visual appeal, and a cool element of clinging. They don't just do some variation of running fast. I'm very excited to play them!

Comments

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I don't know about everything a killer should be, but -- I honestly enjoy playing the character. Then again I like Pig best and most people disagree about her being any good. Maybe I'm not the best judge, lol. It's nice there's something for everyone though, or at least seems to be.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

With some tweaks they could be very strong but as it stand right now they have too much counter play. Also am i the only whos really turned off by the deign like yeah its supet cool but GOD its really gross

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I thought they looked like a cool killer concept. I have a lot of hope for this one. I thought the perks looked better this time around too.

i look forward to this chapter.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

It's a kinda weak power that once Survivors get the hang of it may be "ggez" but they are so damn fun to play. I think the Blight was meh and is aggravating to play as because of his FOV deleting mind games.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

On the subject of victor and locker's, what if victor could jump on a locker survivors were in, holding it shut which would cause survivors to take extra time to exit the locker, giving Charlotte time to come and get the survivor

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

The concept is really cool and original. Not a part of any other killer in the game. The issue is with execution. She seems just like how blight was on PTB. Unpredictable and frustrating.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2020
    Options

Wait, you guys actually dont like the twins? They seem pretty fun and interesting to me, why dont you like it?

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    Options

I think people were disappointed due to the fact that the Blight was the first Lore related Killer to join the ranks of DBD, so likewise you'd have some expectations that a lore related character could have *some* type of cool and fun power ESPECIALLY if this was the first Lore related one. Personally I've been fine with blight ever since I heard he was announced the only thing that truly upset me was his camera height

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    Options

I honestly think its looking like one of the funnest killers to go up against at least. Haven't played them yet because it takes to long to play as killer in PTB rn

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

The Blight imo is the best thing to happen to this game. The most fun killer to me and he is extremely powerful. From the PTB i thought he was extremely fun and i saw some potential

I really like the design and concept of the Twins. I wish the execution was better. But we'll see how they are in live version. ATM i think they need some serious work.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I wouldn't say it's one of the worst. The idea is very unique and design wise the killer is a great new addition to the game. They do have a lot of potential as well, the only problem is that Victor is powerless against lockers and that survivors can keep him on them to take away the killers power, turning Charlotte into an M1 killer with no power.

• ad19970
    Options

The transition time is needed though, or they would be too strong at loops when teamed up.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Pig all day! She is the best. They are wrong we are right.

• ad19970
    Options

What takes 6 seconds? Transitioning from Victor to Charlotte? Certainly didn't seem that way to me. More like 3 seconds or so.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options

it actually takes about 5 seconds before you have normal movement again.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The normal transition for switching takes about 4 seconds (because the sister gets an additional second or so of extremely low movement speed), add in the 2 second animation for hitting a healthy survivor/getting kicked or 1 second random delay for switching back manually.

• ad19970
    Options

Really didn't seem like that, but I'll believe you. Nevertheless, there needs to be a fair amount of transition time in my opinion. Otherwise you can just approach a survivor at a loop with Victor from one side, switch to Charlotte and you'll get a guaranteed down. You can already kinda do this when switching from Charlotte to Victor, only he does have to charge his attack first, the counterplay for survivors is kinda slim but I'd say still just fair enough when they both team up against you, removing the transition time would remove any counterplay on the survivors side completely.

Instead, they need to help the twins apply more map pressure by splitting up, which is done by getting rid of safe zones survivors can have against Victor, may it be lockers, certain pallets or vaults, or small enough objects that survivors can just run around and be safe against Victor.

And of course, survivors shouldn't be able to hold Victor hostage.

• WorstKillerNA
    WorstKillerNA Member Posts: 22
    Options

I think its too early to say one way or the other. People need more time to learn and adapt to their playstyle. People thought spirit was originally weak and underwhelming until people learned how strong her power was when used correctly.

Personally i feel a sense of that with the siblings; when people learn to micromanage them and what the best way and tactic they need theyll be huge threats.

I think the time it takes to regain control of charlotte is disgustingly long and vics hitbox is way too inconsistent. I think they can be tweaked for the better.

I dont think we should decide this early.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Y'all are just haters. Blight and The Twins aren't unique enough for you? If you want killers that are that drastically different, you'll have to find them on another game!

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,136
    edited November 2020
    Options

I hope they buff the iridescent pendant add-on, I am not sure how they expected killer to capitalize off 12 seconds of exposed. Shortest exposed effect ever. Most of the expose effects last 30-60 seconds. My first impressions are that lockers are too effective vs Twin and killing Victor is really easy to kick without any punishment. Also from playing against Twin, Many people seem to miss the demo lunge, It could just be bad players in PBE or hitbox is too strict at the moment. I'm sure the killer will be better on release... hopefully. Its another Ghostface on PBE again.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

What a great mindset, "Don't like it? Leave then!"

That sure worked well in U.S. politics.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2020
    Options

A little too much doom and gloom in this thread.

1.) The Killer concept is just amazing and wonderfully unique.

2.) The Killer is super fun to play against.

That's 2 out of 3 of the most important things. They just need to iron out the killers design and insure the killer's fun level to play is a little closer to the level it is to play against. A few well-placed buffs are all you need: first one I'd do - the same animation on Victor when he's being controlled or when he's just standing still. Let that be a mind game killers can play.

Survivors can dive into lockers all they want for temporary safety... but then they have to decide whether Big Sis is coming for them, or if Victor is just waiting patiently.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Blight is actually a strong killer with a power that is both fun and fair for both sides, whilst offering a level of difficulty to it when wanting to master it.

The Twins have a concept which is strong, but in terms of gameplay, they're incredibly weak and don't offer much.

Blight was one of the better releases that they've done in a while.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Tbh I agree, twins are amazing. Yes right now on the PTB they have a few really big issues but those won't make it to live servers (locker counterplay and stealing victor) other then that, they're actually pretty strong killer. Not top tier but I'd wager they might even be decently placed at A tier.

I might be overestimating them but their potencial is really high imao. The power requires quite a bit of planning and a lot of precision, simmiliar to hag for example.

What is most important for me is that they're extremely unique, unlike many last killers who's concepts are fine but nowhere near as amazing as twins in terms of originality of their power. I hope for more killers like this to be added in next chapters, they're exactly what DBD needs.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    Options

The power just needs some tweaking, on the other hand i think the idea of his power is dope af. Its unique, different, and looks fun to play.

While his power might be weak at the moment due to lockers ect but its still the PTB so things could very well change.

Im so glad it's not another generic killer.

To have the ability to be able to switch between 2 different killers with different powers is extremely cool.

Regardless if the power is strong weak whatever, im happy there coming up with some more creative ideas.

Now lets just hope they can get the tweaking of their power down.

• WorstKillerNA
    WorstKillerNA Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yea i think this idea was a fantastic concept and i dont feel dissapointed with the concept, only the execution needed more work.

I could be wrong and thats totally fine but i think her power can turn out to be a dark horse once (and if) it recoves the neccesary tweaks.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Not often I completely agree with you but..the holes in this killer are numerous enough you could strain noodles with them

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

If Blight was/is somehow bad and the Twins is, in their current form, somehow what Killer is supposed to be, then I'm switching over to pure Survivor main.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Design, imo by far the worst they've made lately, not fit to lace Oni's boots. Power is clever, but I don't fancy playing as a baby crawler from total recall for half the game. Back to back skips for me.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

Twins is a unique killer with lots of mindgame potential and fun mechanics. But at this stage in ptb, it might be the first killer that will be delayed cause Twins need a full rework atm. I can't see them fix this in 3 weeks

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

Imho I think it's too early to say. I think people are kinda forgetting that the twins do have super good snowball potential, and just a lot of potential in general, and the Devs already said they're going to be tweaking the ability to kidnap Viktor and the locker plays.

I really do think that people are just making too many quick judgements on the killer. I think they have to be really careful with how they plan to change them, because they can get way strong, way fast- and maybe it's just me, but I'm okay with another middle road killer.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I like the concept of this killer. It's different from any other killers we have so far, so that's good. Also, their mechanic seems interesting.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
    Options

*Looks over a Legion* Are....Are you sure about that?

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

I mean the concept is interesting, has potential imo and looks fun to use. They're really weak atm though: using Victor at the moment is more of a hinder to yourself than anything else. Victor is hard to use and easily countered, you can't call him back to you meaning if you left him on the other side of the map, you're still just an m1 killer if you're chasing someone, the transition time takes ages too and Victors anti loop potential is weak because his charge time takes a while.

I think they're aware of most of the problems though.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2020
    Options

Why do we keep forgetting that Blight was buffed after release and the amount of "weak killer" he got when first coming out was justified.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

From what i've seen of the killer so far it looks like they had a concept, went with it and threw it into the game.

For this killer to work they need to:

1) Remove/reduce the pounce timer from victor as it's way too easy to kite around objects and avoid him infinitely.

2) Remove the cooldown transferring from twin to twin. You can score a hit on Victor but Charlotte is so far away it's pointless resulting in no follow up pressure. If Viktor attaches to a head Charlotte should get a speed up to catch up?

3) There are so many situations you can't release Victor in (as in close to gates/hooks etc) charlotte becomes the most garbage m1 killer in the game.

4) All the ones listed (locker, survivors doing nothing with victor attached etc).

For a killer to be effective they need the ability to move around the map quickly, down people quickly or good anti loop. The more you have of those, the higher tier the killer. The twins only have high mobility with victor, but he can't kill anyone. Charlotte has none of those things. So this killer as it stands is the worst killer in the game.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options
  • gibblywibblywoo
    Options

No one is saying they aren't unique. In fact I haven't seen a single person call the concept bad. It's really cool.

It's just absurdly weak to the point where even the fun aspects of the killer are being overshadowed during gameplay.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

The Twins issue is that the survivor controls the power, not the killer.

Everything about them is unique but the power's counter is very damaging to Charlotte

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited November 2020
    Options

This. I want killers like Blight/Demogorgon or Oni/Billy. Where the killer is fully in control of themself [at least old Billy :'(] but the survivor still has options of counter play. My problem with Spirit/Deathslinger was that it always felt liek 100/0 instead of say 60/40 to killer like most of them.

The Twins is 10/90 to survivors. I was really hoping we were on track for another masterpiece like Blight, I was extremely disappointed with Pyramid Head and Deathslinger. Alas, all good things must come too an end. I hope they can make her more enjoyable to play.

We've seen this before with Plague and guess what? No one plays her. Outside of Nurse 9for obvious reasons) Plague had the lowest pick rate in recent stats.

• Buckoben
    Options

His turning during his lunge at the end of lethal rush was buffed. Fyi two buffs is literally enough of a difference to make a killer good or bad.

• Buckoben
    edited November 2020
    Options

It was in 4.2.0 and all he really needed to be good after that was the ability to break pallets. Technically I was wrong, however they still buffed the turning on release so if you want to grasp at straws go ahead.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Binding of Kin is the first dlc I'm not gonna buy. I learned my lesson from buying blight. Until the game is in an acceptable stage I'm done wasting money.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

In principle I like the mechanical concept. This also could have thematically been the classic ventriloquist and her animated dummy or a puppet master and their doll for instance. (In fact a skin that makes them look like a ventriloquist with Victor as a puppet in a tuxedo would be pretty sweet! 😄)

The PTB version has some serious flaws though. Fortunately the devs did post that they are actively working on addressing the issues of survivors dodging Victor in a locker and survivors simply indefinitely ignoring Victor thrashing around on their head. (“Parkour this pallet while a rabid animal tears my face? No problem!”) So it’s kind of pointless to try and evaluate how good or bad the current version is since the version that will go to live is definitely going to be different in some significant ways.