Why do bad survivor tbag but good players play without BM

Options
Raz_
Raz_ Member Posts: 296

not that i care about getting tbagged but honestly why is always the "bad" survivor tbagging you but the decent one is actually nice.. i dont get it sometimes.

i would get it when you're good but damn... they go down within 10 seconds.

im just confused... why always the guy who is bad? why not the good survivor LOL

Comments

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 478
    Options
  • 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

Is it just me that always gets the opposite of this? I consider myself a humble player however that's because I'm a contender for worst DBD player out there. I use to be pretty good at Watch Dogs multiplayer and it made me very cocky.

Again this is just me, they're likely looking for a reaction. I just faced a camping Bubba who send me a cocky message after killing me. He was a crossplatform player

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

i think u got it mixed up buddy

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

That's simply not true. There are good survivors tbaggin and bad survivors playing nice as well.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Most good players play both sides, and naturally would know the annoyance of facing BM

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I watched my friend get tunneled out of game after game just trying to play normal, not doing anything to provoke anyone. It was both frustrating and boring, so he decided to stop playing for real. In the next match, once the killer started chasing him, he threw down a pallet and t-bagged like mad with no intention of trying to even win that chase much less escape. He was just screwing around. In that same match, he never tried to take off the RBT and his head exploded during the EGC. He was very disappointed the Pig didn't get to him in time to see him t-bagging while his head exploded.

Usually he doesn't act like that, he mostly plays killer so he knows how toxic t-bagging can be. But he wasn't trying to escape, he knew he was going to die, he was tired of dying in matches without getting to participate and at that point he just wanted to act stupid and have a laugh. (We play on PS4 so there's no convo with the killer afterward.)

That was yesterday. I know that's just one particular case and not necessarily an example of all survivors ever or anything, but maybe it provides some sort of insight.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43
    Options

I am a terrible survivor but I have never tbagged once.

Apparently, I really suck at the game, since I can't even fulfill people's expectations in survivor behaviour 🙃

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I have played against a lot of astonishingly good survivors and they tbag about as often as bad ones.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

I would say good survivors do it just as much.

Why?

Because playing survivor is alot less engaging and most games you have alot of downtime (doing gens, healing people) so they're usually just bored.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020
    Options

If you're up against a good killer that's actually a threat BM will get you killed.

Stopping to teabag behind a pallet won't give you the same chase as running the second the killer starts kicking it

Another thing is that longtime/experienced players just dont see the point. I'll only ever BM a killer or go out of my way to mock them if they've played like an absolute scumbag or gone out of their way to make the game unenjoyable. Ebony mori + purple/iri add ons, camping first hook to death, 1 shot huntress

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

because playing survivor is easy

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Because the survivor who's playing well is already having their fun by outplaying the killer and surviving. The one who isn't playing well will get their fun from somewhere else, such as tbagging, because they're not that good at the game so they're not having fun going down quickly and getting outplayed themselves.

Also tbagging makes you lose distance you could've gained on a killer so why would a good player do it knowing this fact lmao

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

I tbag and fl click to keep the killer on me. Thats how I carry my rank 20 randoms 😆

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Generally the top 5% of survivors play both sides and know the annoyance of t-bagging.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I mean I'm bad at survivor and I've never seen the appeal of tbagging.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

I play Ghostface so I teabag survivors and still play well.

• LuckyLarry
    LuckyLarry Member Posts: 7
    Options

I often don't even go to exit gates after they are opened just because I wont give them the satisfaction of the tea-bag. I too was tired of that one low rank player who was carried by red ranks tea-bagging like they actually done something. When I'm really tired of it I run deathslinger with NOED as a lottery for a tea-bag instant karma. The satisfaction of shooting the tea-bag and reeling them in with a 1 hit down is great.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

What's BM? Borrowed Mime?

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

That's about right, I don't teabag even if the killer is getting stomped on cause I don't want to be the guy getting facecamped at the end lol.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

because bm often leads to the survivor dying especially when the killer knows exactly what the survivor has lost in terms of distance when the survivor teabags rather than runs.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Because bad survs escape 1 of 10 matches or less, with probably 3/4 times being camped and 4/5 times being tunneled. They put their frustration in the match they escape

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

This is the answer. Thousands of hours in, I'm not doing backflips over a basic pallet stun on some rando killer.

• Izy
    Izy Member Posts: 27
    Options

Good players get their satisfaction from playing well. Bullies get their satisfaction from being jerks to others. Most are compensating for something and need to make themselves feel superior.

The best players in this game will understand the rng, natural imbalance or myriad of things that can lead to either side having a bad game. They'll respect the difference between straight up tunneling and taking advantage of a poor escape attempt.

People who respect the game understand they can't win every game and one sweaty play does not make a killer/survivor evil. They don't need to drive players away or support others making people miserable. It's of no benefit of anyone.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    edited November 2020
    Options

because T-bagging is inefficient as you lose distance which can be the difference between reaching the pallet/vault or getting hit

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
    Options

I really wish I knew. I’m a killer main but sometimes rarely play survivor and I always seen my teammates bag. Sometimes they’ll escape but if they do get hooked and I saw then bagging of clicking I just leave them.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195
    Options

bad manners

inculdes in dbd usually teabagging pointing and nodding depending on who you ask