Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A change to the rift.

As we all know the rift takes a lot of time to progress through some like this grind some don't. I was wondering where the community would stand on dailys giving 1 rift shard each. Please provide thoughts.

Comments

• Chappy04
    Chappy04 Member Posts: 193
    edited November 2020

i hate that people moan its a grind even though it really isnt.im already tier 49 with no paid tiers and thats with like 40-50 days left. the pass even if it was a grind is ment to be. its like an investment almost. u put 8 pound towards it and well play the game for a select period of time to get like 5-7 sets plus charms and other goods if u care about that which is a lot more profit than u all realise. also you get the auric cells back for the next pass.

basically what im saying is that we dont need this. people who get the pass are expected to stay and not just ditch the game lmao. anyway thats my thoughts on it

• Chappy04
    edited November 2020

i go to school lmao. the pass isnt a grind. simple. the challenges are the only grindy part if u wanna say that

• zackdaylight
    zackdaylight Member Posts: 190

I’ve played this game every single day for hoursss since the rift came out. I’ve done every challenge available. And I’m still only 40. So by you saying you’re at tier 49+ doesn’t mean anything. Just because you no life the game and other people don’t doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to complain. The rift IS definitely Grindy. The stupidest part about it is that you can only choose 1 challenge at a time. I get it, but wish it was all challenges, or at least 2. Then along with that, you literally barelyyy get any shards for actually playing. They should definitely give you double the amount of points towards shards, it’s wayy too slow. You literally have to either no life it like you or do every single challenge in all 4 levels (and you still won’t get tier 70 if you just go for challenges and complete them fast, like boost for them).

but anyway being tier 49 doesn’t mean anything lmfao all it means is that you’re constantly playing. There’s people out here with jobs and other things to do. Sorry bud

• Chappy04

me saying tier 49 was an example of someone like me who goes to school and has other things to do aswell can get this pass done pretty fast and even u being tier 40 is fast as ur more than half the way will having like 3/4 of the time left. this is why imo its not a grind. god like a tier a day is really not that hard and thats without the challenges.

• zackdaylight

Yeah me being tier 40 is far and good. But that’s with me literally not doing anything else but playing this game right now. My point was that I probably play like 5 hours a day, some days way more. So by you saying you’re tier 49 means you probably come home from school and play until you sleep everyday. And plenty of people just can’t do that. Simple. The grind is the rift is actually what made me stop playing this game for like 8 months. It’s like you’re FORCED to play this game. And when you have a job and other things to do, you simply have to go for as many challenges as you can and only going for challenges each game can get really frustrating and annoying. Enough to make people want to just not do them. It wouldn’t hurt to just make each game give 1200 xp instead of a max of 600 xp or whatever it is. They’re still getting the money from people who buy the rift anyway. Plus more people would be getting tier 70 so more people would be inclined to get it

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I don't really think the rift is that grindy. I've been grinding different games while still playing DBD in the meantime and I'm tier 27 with all of level one done and a bit of level 2. I'm still going to get 70 guaranteed assuming I get a tier a day which isn't hard with challenged.

I think too many people expect the pass to be completed quickly, which I find confusing. It's designed for 70 days and should be completed in about 60 - 65 assuming challenges and casual play.

Also, if you don't think you can complete the rift, please don't buy it unless you really want a cosmetic or you plan to pay for tiers (which you really shouldn't do).

• Chappy04

thats how a pass works. in every game the pass is ment to have people play the game. i dont get what the issue is

• zackdaylight

One of the most successful games ever, the game that basically made every game I play have a “pass” system after they got billions of dollars from their players. Fortnite. I haven’t played in like a year and a half to 2 years but when I did play you could wait until the very last week of the battle pass and simply play the game casually and get to tier 100, if not extremely close. You can do multiple challenges at once and plenty of them were simple. Just literally playing the game.

but I’m DBD you can only do 1 challenge, and some are pretty hard. Not 1 person in this discussion thread has said “make the pass automatically give us tier 70” because we obviously know that the pass is meant to have people play the game, the issue is that THIS pass in THIS game is extremely grindy. Way more than it needs to be. Just simply lower the grind a bit. When I can play a match and get 600xp and sometimes not even get a 1 out of the 10 I need to get a tier. That’s bs.

I just counted all 4 levels of the last tome. If you complete every single challenge you will get 351 shards which equals 35 tiers. Only half of the tiers in the pass. Now obviously you get points for playing the game while doing those challenges so let’s say all 82 challenges take 2 games to complete. Which isn’t true, some might take 1, some might take 3 maybe even 4. But I’ll just say 2 because the average player won’t do every single challenge there is. With me saying that you get 1 out of 10 shards for every game you complete, which isn’t true either, that brings you to 515 shards which is only tier 51. Even with taking 4 games to complete each challenge you still won’t reach tier 70. You’ll only get tier 67 with 679 shards. And that’s still with me giving way extra xp, etc, than the game itself gives you.

now I could be wayy off because I don’t pay attention to how everything works exactly but I think I’m right. But the point is, is that the rift is wayy too grindy. It should be way easier to get. Not “extremely easy” but just a little easier.

extra note (I could be totally wrong) but if I was correct and am still correct, then doing all 82 challenges with 4 games for each of them would mean you need to play 328 games. I would guess the rift is open for about 55 days so that means you need to play at least 6 games a day, every single day, with each game you trying to go for a challenge and completing 1 by the end of each 4th game. and some people just can’t do that.

but like I said, I could be totally wrong. I honestly just wanted to see if I could do the math myself and figure all of this out but I’m probably wrong. Point is, the grind is too much