What happened to chapter based cosmetic sets?

gibblywibblywoo
gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I remember when the store launched around the time of Clown the devs said we'd be getting themed sets for survivors and killers based around the theme of the chapter. And we did, for a while. I remember the Circus and Feudal style Japan ones. But it seems like they just disappeared after a while. And now we occasionally get a sort of random one like the ancient greece one a while back.

Was there a reason for this not continuing?

Comments

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I'm new to the game, what the hell are some of those like the Cube and Props?

• gibblywibblywoo

I still remember seeing that as a "up next" on one of the weekly streams. Waited two years for the bubba buff. It was worth it in the end I guess.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Cube was what reworks were originally called. Except for Wraith, there it was called Trapezohedron for some reason. The first cube was I believe the Victory Cube, which changed the pip system from being based on bloodpoints (yes that was a thing) to I believe number of kills and escaping, before it was changed to the emblem system.

The Props system still exists but is completely useless. After the game you can click on players on the scoreboard, which opens the report menu, but the left-most option lets you make a "positive report", kind of like in Overwatch for example. For a short while the players who have gotten the most props were mentioned during the devstreams (which by the way are also more or less dead, at least in the original format) but that was stopped because supposedly people were farming the props or something. They might still be tracked, but they haven't been used for anything in forever.

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited November 2020

Cube was what they would call it when they took a step back a month or two after a killer released, or somewhere down the line to take a look at how they were playing and if they needed changes. It sort of stopped being a thing after the weekly livestreams were phased out.

Which I kinda miss as it became a part of my thursday schedule. But I guess they got tired of people screaming "NEW CONTENT REEEEEEE" in their weekly streams.

I miss the art and design ones.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Maybe they just want to let the designers have as much freedom as they desire?

I really don't know, but if no designer can come up with good cosmetics based around the theme of a new chapter, then there'd be no cosmetics.

If they just have the freedom to do whatever every chapter (well, as long as the devs approve of their designs), then at least there will be cosmetics.

Just a guess.