The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors Don’t Worry!

This thread is to ensure survivors know it will be ok.  For months crybaby killers have asked for an advantage to ensure they get 4K matches every time.  Well it happened and the devs listened and now they can enjoy stomping their way through groups and earning those 4K blood points.  

Dont worry about the responses you you put on this community because rest assured the same people who were complaining about buffing killers will disregard your pleas for help and do everything they can to make you look foolish, examples (git gud, your bad, etc, etc)

But the good news...

Like anything in life cause and effect will happen, right now killers get instant ques and enjoy a blood point advantage normally.  But when survivors stop playing survivors and start playing killers more in order to enjoy the game in its current state, killers will start having longer ques and the cycle will start over again.

So in conclusion, my fellow survivor mains, give it time, it will work itself out, for now just play killer and stack up those blood points with little to no effort involved.  Enjoy the new patch!

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Yes my fellow survivor main, give it time.

I suggest you even switch to killer, such that the killer mains even have longer queue times

Oh my bad, I forgot that playing killer is too frustrating, but what about civilization? The devs recommend that too

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Gemasuda said:
    This thread is to ensure survivors know it will be ok.  For months crybaby killers have asked for an advantage to ensure they get 4K matches every time.  Well it happened and the devs listened and now they can enjoy stomping their way through groups and earning those 4K blood points.  

Dont worry about the responses you you put on this community because rest assured the same people who were complaining about buffing killers will disregard your pleas for help and do everything they can to make you look foolish, examples (git gud, your bad, etc, etc)

But the good news...

Like anything in life cause and effect will happen, right now killers get instant ques and enjoy a blood point advantage normally.  But when survivors stop playing survivors and start playing killers more in order to enjoy the game in its current state, killers will start having longer ques and the cycle will start over again.

So in conclusion, my fellow survivor mains, give it time, it will work itself out, for now just play killer and stack up those blood points with little to no effort involved.  Enjoy the new patch!

So, what you are saying is I can actually play killer and not have to wait an hour for the lobby to fill up?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Gemasuda said:
    and now they can enjoy stomping their way through groups

Voicecomms, 4 DS, 4 SC, 4 SB, 4 instaheals, bad maps...
    I have a hard time believing you on this, Gemasuda.
    I can't give an opinion on anything else though, haven't re-read the patch notes.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

If you're having a hard time as a survivor, you're going to have a really hard time as a killer. Which means that you won't be making any more bloodpoints by simply playing as a killer.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    OR.... Drum roll please.

We can talk about balance issues that affect both sides so that the game improves by being entertaining to play survivor or killer.

And if you are only playing one side, then you dont enjoy this game.  There is no 80% 20% base, because the minority only play one side.

Posts like this just make you look immature.  Devs are trying to make a balance thats enjoyable for everyone, people like you are useless for those kinds of ideas.
  • Darktronik
    Darktronik Member Posts: 94

@apropos said:
    If you're having a hard time as a survivor, you're going to have a really hard time as a killer. Which means that you won't be making any more bloodpoints by simply playing as a killer.

If he can't do well playing survivor, imagine what would it be if he played killer. The guy would be stomped!

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2018

@Gemasuda said:

But the good news...

i hope you are one of the first leaving dead by daylight, when this little patch destroys your ability to escape from a game, then i don't want you as a teammate in one of my games.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@apropos said:

So, being a new player, should I learn the Survivor side before trying to go Killer-main? So far, starting with Killer, I damn near walked away from this game for good yesterday. Right now, I'm sitting very much on the fence. But trying to play Killer as a brand new player . . . well . . . suddenly the issues I left Overwatch over didn't seem to matter much anymore, and I was prepared to just head on back.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Kilmeran said:

@apropos said:

So, being a new player, should I learn the Survivor side before trying to go Killer-main? So far, starting with Killer, I damn near walked away from this game for good yesterday.

i would recommend any new player learn survivor until comfortable, then switch to killer until comfortable, THEN pick a main, or dont, be both :)
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@ZombieGenesis Originally, I found Survivor boring, but that was also frustration by the Skill Checks not stopping precisely when I hit the button. Considering I have a top-of-the-line keyboard and set-up, that pissed me off to no end. I have never had a game with any delay in key-press to action before.

But if that's the best way to learn the game, I suppose I have dealt with worse things in games in the past.

Edit: Actually, it was more than that. The delay was inconsistent. Sometimes there would be that delay several skill checks in a row, or an entire match. Then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't delay, which then caused the skill check to miss early because I was pressing for the delay. That ######### is what made me originally walk away from survivor.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Lowbei said:

we get it, youre salty. no need to rant.

This coming from you. Sure bud.

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Do both. It’s fun to see both sides of the game and you get A LOT better at both because you learn what to look for. If I have some ######### teammates as survivor or campy killers too many times I switch roles to end the frustration. It also feels good when you kill it as a non main of whatever you play. It’s basically two games in one but that’s what makes it so devisive between the community at times 
  • Dreamnomad

@yeet said:
    you'll play killer for 5 games, realise it's too frustrating for you and then go back to easy mode

Killer is easy mode. You can't die. You can't walk 30 feet without tripping over bloodpoints. What is so frustrating about playing killer again?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Kilmeran said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    @Kilmeran Starting as a survivor will certainly help you learn the pacing of the game. It also helps by showing you what survivors experience; what they can see and hear. You'll also get a feel for how they move and roam around the map, which can help for anticipating their moves as a killer. I suggest at least always doing the survivor dailies even if you're a killer main.

Originally, I found Survivor boring, but that was also frustration by the Skill Checks not stopping precisely when I hit the button. Considering I have a top-of-the-line keyboard and set-up, that pissed me off to no end. I have never had a game with any delay in key-press to action before.

But if that's the best way to learn the game, I suppose I have dealt with worse things in games in the past.

Edit: Actually, it was more than that. The delay was inconsistent. Sometimes there would be that delay several skill checks in a row, or an entire match. Then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't delay, which then caused the skill check to miss early because I was pressing for the delay. That ######### is what made me originally walk away from survivor.

I find myself in the same boat. Some matches, the delay becomes too much that I feel practically worthless for the entire match. I'd play killer more if the lobbies didn't take an hour to fill up.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited October 2018
    Lowbei said:
    Gemasuda said:

But the good news...

Bring some popcorn and fries. The OP is generously sharing some salt with everybody.
  • Kilmeran

@CoolAKn said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    @Kilmeran Starting as a survivor will certainly help you learn the pacing of the game. It also helps by showing you what survivors experience; what they can see and hear. You'll also get a feel for how they move and roam around the map, which can help for anticipating their moves as a killer. I suggest at least always doing the survivor dailies even if you're a killer main.

Originally, I found Survivor boring, but that was also frustration by the Skill Checks not stopping precisely when I hit the button. Considering I have a top-of-the-line keyboard and set-up, that pissed me off to no end. I have never had a game with any delay in key-press to action before.

I find myself in the same boat. Some matches, the delay becomes too much that I feel practically worthless for the entire match. I'd play killer more if the lobbies didn't take an hour to fill up.

Yeah, and it makes it more difficult to develop the muscle memory for it. Will it delay? If so, how much? Will it not delay? Why the hell is this a needed prayer to RNGesus?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei said:
    Gemasuda said:

But the good news...

Bring some popcorn and fries. The OP is generously sharing some salt with everybody.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Wait did you just say survivor mains become killer mains? I dont see the reason for this post? What "buff" did killers get that gives them a 4k advantage, slower vaults? You know just being smart and choosing a different angle will make you fast vault right?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Lemme guess. You're one of those guys that think Freddy is fine where he's at now.
  • Gemasuda
    Gemasuda Member Posts: 70
    It amazes me that people can honestly ask what made it easier for killers?  Let’s review

First will be crybaby killer rant then devs response 

“The big bad survivor is looping me and I’m frustrated” - Devs have removed 90% of loopable areas

”The big bad survivor uses vault areas to much and I’m frustrated” - Devs boarded up most windows and changed vault mechanics 

“The big bad survivors heal after I hit them and lose them in a chase where I see their scratch marks and hear them groaning in pain and run faster then them” - Devs made killers even faster, have perks to see their auras, and made healing take forever especially with sloppy butcher, self heal go ahead I’ll wait

“The big bad survivors gen rush me so I only kill 2 or 3 but I deserve 4 at all times!” - Devs add NOED and other one shot mechanics and perks

These are only a few examples there are more.  So please you poor under powered killers, once you cry enough to the devs and they remove hatches and decisive and any other potential mechanics that prevent you from your ENTITLED 4K matches then maybe you’ll be satisfied.  But let’s be honest you won’t,

SURVIVORS - in order to survive this patch ensure you mic up and coordinate SWF groups, that way maybe one of you will get out.  Solo que good luck because it’s going to be like slamming your perverbial $&@“ in a door

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Kilmeran said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Yeah, and it makes it more difficult to develop the muscle memory for it. Will it delay? If so, how much? Will it not delay? Why the hell is this a needed prayer to RNGesus?

Skill checks are client side not host, you can be in the middle of killer disconnect and skill checks will still appear.
  • Lowbei
    Gemasuda said:
    It amazes me that people can honestly ask what made it easier for killers?  Let’s review

“The big bad survivor is looping me and I’m frustrated” - Devs have removed 90% of loopable areas

”The big bad survivor uses vault areas to much and I’m frustrated” - Devs boarded up most windows and changed vault mechanics 

“The big bad survivors heal after I hit them and lose them in a chase where I see their scratch marks and hear them groaning in pain and run faster then them” - Devs made killers even faster, have perks to see their auras, and made healing take forever especially with sloppy butcher, self heal go ahead I’ll wait

“The big bad survivors gen rush me so I only kill 2 or 3 but I deserve 4 at all times!” - Devs add NOED and other one shot mechanics and perks

These are only a few examples there are more.  So please you poor under powered killers, once you cry enough to the devs and they remove hatches and decisive and any other potential mechanics that prevent you from your ENTITLED 4K matches then maybe you’ll be satisfied.  But let’s be honest you won’t,

SURVIVORS - in order to survive this patch ensure you mic up and coordinate SWF groups, that way maybe one of you will get out.  Solo que good luck because it’s going to be like slamming your perverbial $&@“ in a door

will you stop having a meltdown on our forums please? this is a git gud issue.
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Terrortot said:
    Kilmeran said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Skill checks are client side not host, you can be in the middle of killer disconnect and skill checks will still appear.

Yeah, I know that, which makes the framerate drop that would randomly cause it extremely annoying. Especially because the graphics in this game aren't that intense to begin with. I can run Overwatch on the highest and maintain high FPS, even in the middle of a full team-on-team battle with all the particle effects exploding everywhere.

The only other thing I can think of is that they have DBD optimized for #########, even on PC.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Just run autodidact instead of self-care. Self-care 32 seconds, mangled 40 longer than recovery time on the floor

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Gemasuda said:

But the good news...

9 survivor perks buffed
    3killer perks buffed
    Overall tweaking on mechanics like using your brain before vaulting mindlessly and punishing campers
    Nerf DC
    Hooks farther from each other to make saboteur even stronger buff aside.

Killer sided!!!!11!1!10new1!20!2

Tbh I love this patch mostly for the survivor size, I can go more crazy with builds. Still people think its killer sided... They just got rid of insidious killer perk with the emblem tweak.

I get it its easier see the bad things and harder to see the good ones, reason why insults are more heavy on our consciousness than compliments but that's getting ridiculous
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Dreamnomad said:

@yeet said:
    you'll play killer for 5 games, realise it's too frustrating for you and then go back to easy mode

Killer is easy mode. You can't die. You can't walk 30 feet without tripping over bloodpoints. What is so frustrating about playing killer again?

spoken like someone with very little experience in the game honestly

• yeet

@Gemasuda said:

only bad players need swf to win, you are just admitting you are a bad player

• TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    Yeah killers are the biggest cry babies ever. Complain about every damn thing in the game even if they get their ways. Have fun waiting in lobbies forever real soon. Takes 4x times more survivors to start a game remember! 
  • Malakir
    Yeah killers are the biggest cry babies ever. Complain about every damn thing in the game even if they get their ways. Have fun waiting in lobbies forever real soon. Takes 4x times more survivors to start a game remember! 
    need the one to host remember.
    Seriously are you guys at least bother to read the patch? Or only the bad things skipping the good ones? I'm actually more happy as survivor to use more perks than killer to make insidious useless and punished if I take a path near a hooked survivor. Like.. What?
  • yeet

@Malakir said:
    TheShowtime7 said:

Seriously are you guys at least bother to read the patch? Or only the bad things skipping the good ones? I'm actually more happy as survivor to use more perks than killer to make insidious useless and punished if I take a path near a hooked survivor. Like.. What?

killer isn't punished if there's a survivor in the radius

• Malakir
    yeet said:

@Malakir said:
    TheShowtime7 said:

killer isn't punished if there's a survivor in the radius

Yeah I know but was an example if I get to a general then for the other I have to lose emblem points or take a larger route. BTW as said I think both sides had good changes, don't really like the hook change but I get it why they did it. Still I see more survivor posts crying then the same ones say the exact opposite. I seriously dot get it. They buzzed or tweaked a lot more survivor perks, which is great I can make more creative builds, still these theaters exists
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Kilmeran said:

@apropos said:

So, being a new player, should I learn the Survivor side before trying to go Killer-main? So far, starting with Killer, I damn near walked away from this game for good yesterday. Right now, I'm sitting very much on the fence. But trying to play Killer as a brand new player . . . well . . . suddenly the issues I left Overwatch over didn't seem to matter much anymore, and I was prepared to just head on backIo

>One of the best things about this game is the learning curve. When you are new, you pretty much suck, but the more you play, the better you get. It won't ho!d.your hand and those kiddos used to hand out trophies probably won't find them  here (unless , they play survivor and find an amazing group.)

>just play the killer you like. Read a few guides and actually learn to play him/her. You will be 4king at low ranks in no time and working your way up. There is no real "trick" to getting good. Idiots are still idiots and the people that use their brain and practice get good (at whatever that may be). As it should be.

• Dreamnomad

@yeet said:

spoken like someone with very little experience in the game honestly

HAHAHahahaHHAAHaHaHAHahahAHaHaHAhahahah! heheheh... Good one.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@HellDescent said:
    So my guess these massive buffs you speak of is a 0.5 second faster hook time, 4 seconds longer to heal, moving a lighthouse totem and slow vault adjustment so that you can't run around a jungle gym or a killer shack for 5 minutes?

Dude no joke, i was watching Angrypug because ScottJ wasnt on (and i generally love listening to twitch players complain about changes whenever we get them)

Listen to this lol
    Go to - 4:11:15
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323630169?t=04h11m15s

From playing today all i've seen is more cooperation with rando survivors , slight shift in survivor perks, and people actually saving together.

I only play solo and have since launch , solo is not even that hard as all these whinging people have been screaming about.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@CoolAKn said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Run no mither, dead hard, vigil, and resilience
    LUL

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

@HellDescent said:
    So my guess these massive buffs you speak of is a 0.5 second faster hook time, 4 seconds longer to heal, moving a lighthouse totem and slow vault adjustment so that you can't run around a jungle gym or a killer shack for 5 minutes?

Dude no joke, i was watching Angrypug because ScottJ wasnt on (and i generally love listening to twitch players complain about changes whenever we get them)

Listen to this lol
    Go to - 4:11:15
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323630169?t=04h11m15s

From playing today all i've seen is more cooperation with rando survivors , slight shift in survivor perks, and people actually saving together.

I only play solo and have since launch , solo is not even that hard as all these whinging people have been screaming about.

"i´m not good as killer"
    "Killer is eaaaaaasy"

• nssBoB
    nssBoB Member Posts: 15

i still find playing solo survivor to be easy shrug

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@Kilmeran said:

@apropos said:

So, being a new player, should I learn the Survivor side before trying to go Killer-main? So far, starting with Killer, I damn near walked away from this game for good yesterday. Right now, I'm sitting very much on the fence. But trying to play Killer as a brand new player . . . well . . . suddenly the issues I left Overwatch over didn't seem to matter much anymore, and I was prepared to just head on back.

Advice other's have provided is good. But personally, I initially played as a survivor, but moved to a killer almost right away because I was literally too effing terrified to move when I played as a survivor, lol.

However, when I revisited survivor and tried to replicate what survivors did to get away from me when I was the killer, it wasn't scary anymore. The killers are pretty blind, so at times all one needs to do to escape is crouch and circle an object like a tree or bush. It even works in the middle of a chase at times. The field of view for killers is just tiny.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@apropos said: Advice other's have provided is good. But personally, I initially played as a survivor, but moved to a killer almost right away because I was literally too effing terrified to move when I played as a survivor, lol.

However, when I revisited survivor and tried to replicate what survivors did to get away from me when I was the killer, it wasn't scary anymore. The killers are pretty blind, so at times all one needs to do to escape is crouch and circle an object like a tree or bush. It even works in the middle of a chase at times. The field of view for killers is just tiny.

Oh, I've definitely noticed that about Killers. The FoV is tiny as hell, the controls for turning and strafing are wonky as all hell (and I've spent over an hour redoing and adjusting my DPI and in-game mouse sensitivity), the hitboxes are so bad they make Paladins' look consistent.

See, as far as First-Person, I came from Overwatch and some Paladins. I've played OW almost nightly since launch day, with only a three month break due to burn-out. I'm used to a certain responsiveness in first-person, be it Overwatch or Paladins. The responsiveness and FOV in DBD is atrocious. It would make sense if it at least decided to use movement acceleration for the killer's first-person (OW and Paladins do not, but I have played FPS' in the past that do), but it's not even that. It's like it tries to use movement acceleration, but then decides: Nah, screw it. And it feels like some bastardized love-child of using it and not using it. Meanwhile, I tell my Killer to strafe right, then move forward, and it's like he's moving in some low-gravity environment.

Now I'm not even sure I want to get good with Killer. The muscle memory this wonky stuff is going to require is most definitely going to screw with my OW game-play. And that's just a personal gaming line I'm not willing to cross. I'm not quitting Overwatch any time soon, and I'm in my mid-40s, it already took a while for me to get all the muscle memory for flexing into a decent Hero roster as needed, in the first place.