Keep crashing on Xbox series x

Options

Comments

• PorgWanKenobi
    PorgWanKenobi Member Posts: 5
    Options

on twitter i saw a user say he managed to play on X by creating a new profile. I don't know if it would work but I don't like playing without progress.

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    Options

I'm already getting invested in other games right now since I physically can't play DbD by next week I'll most likely not even go back at that point and Cyberpunk will soak up end of the year and then I'll invest into Outriders. I've played just about every online game since early 1990s and this is the only game I can recall where ever patch fix breaks other stuff over and over. Literally every new patch you never know ######### is gonna break.

• Thane_Valkarian
    Thane_Valkarian Member Posts: 45
    Options

Are we sure it's part of the patch? Some suggested it was the 4k textures? Or am I being sow and that counts as part of?

• Lavindathar
    Lavindathar Member Posts: 38
    Options

The textures was in the patch. It was the entire optimisation patch for the new gen (textures, 4k, FPS upgrades etc)

• Thane_Valkarian
    Options

Ah ok gotcha. When I got on the X the entire game was already upgraded so I didn't see a patch it just went wholly through for me.

• jjb985
    Options

My game needed patched on series X before playing.

• Lavindathar
    Options

all depends if you downloaded a fresh download once the patch was already released, or upgraded your old data after transferring it. I got a patch, it was 26gb or something.

• jjb985
    Options

Are you saying that s fresh install already upgraded could work vs transfer and patch update or are both broke?

• Lavindathar
    Options

No...there are two ways to get the upgrade. Both are broke as it’s the update that’s broke.

• jjb985
    Options

That's what I figured. Good thing Behavior is consistent at disappointment and failure.

• grasslands
    grasslands Member Posts: 8
    Options

everyone on this thread should be compensated for this mess up. Extremely disappointing and haven’t gotten any update from the devs on this issue. I understand not everything will run perfect on day one, but at least keep the people who support your game updated on the progress of when a fix will be coming. All we’ve gotten were a few moderators to tell us they don’t know what’s going on which is wonderful news after dropping 500$.

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53
    Options

Doubt xbox players will get any compensation at all as asking for a simple hot fix patch is already pushing the limit for these developers

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 74
    Options

No ETA on a bug that makes the game unplayable. FeelsBadMan

• Lavindathar
    Options

@MandyTalk whats your official position within the company?

• grasslands
    Options

Just made a fresh account level 1 on my Xbox series x, dead by daylight runs fine. Not sure why my main account freezes

• Lavindathar
    Options

It seems to be anyone who has data from previous console. Which essentially makes it useless.

• grasslands
    Options
  • Thane_Valkarian
    Options

How is it a data transfer issue? I can log on an start the game with all my killers survs all the cosmetic items i own etc just fine. just when joining a lobby does the game freeze and Crash on the series X. If it was a data transfer problem my account wouldnt be there waiting for me when i start the game Wouldn't it?

• L14M2013
    L14M2013 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I can also confirm the same thing, made a fresh account and the game is running flawlessly.

• grasslands
    Options

I’m not sure exactly what is causing the problem however on my main account, i cannot access the survivor lobby or get into a game as a killer.

On the new account that I made, I am able to play both survivor and killer without an issue.

Same version 4.3.2 and same console Xbox series X. Hopefully the mod that is monitoring this thread can relay this to the devs to find a resolution

• tonyischill
    Options

Hmm so should I just make a new account and smurf as a level 20 killer? I hate to do it but you guys already know that waiting to play DBD on next gen has been 4 days too long

• grasslands
    Options

Only way to play since there’s no timeline for this fix

• tonyischill
    Options

Yeah or I can take this time to pick up a new killer...anything to pass the time and actually use my $500 paperweight at this point

• jjb985
    Options

I made a new account and don't own Ash or Ghostface on the new account which is odd

• hellocaitlink
    hellocaitlink Member Posts: 1
    Options

So I got a Series X, and am having the exact same crashing issue as shown in this thread.

However, I was desperate to see how the game looked, so I logged into my husbands account (since we gameshare), and loaded the game. He doesn't play the game, he has no progress whatsoever. Every time I'm on his account, I am able to play! It makes no sense. Why can I play on an account with no progress, but not on my own. On the same xbox?

So if I want to play a survivor game, I have to be a rank 20 with no perks. No thanks.

• Lavindathar
    Options

Because it is? Anyone with a previous save won’t work, fresh save will. Your killers etc come from the addons you have downloaded, and are nothing to do with your save file.

• tonyischill
    edited November 2020
    Options

Okay so I made a new xbox profile and started playing on my series x. All I can say is wow. This game runs so smooth, responsive, and crisp. Even though I’m not on my main acc and can’t progress The Rift, I’m happy. This is a complete game changer for killers especially because the limited FOV and FPS no longer feel sluggish compared to last gen. However, the game still crashes after you finish a match and try to go back to the killer main menu screen.

EDIT: The crashes are only occasional and everything saves after you close and restart the game

• jlitty420
    jlitty420 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Can confirm that creating a new account works for now

• jjb985
    Options

That's great and all but why does my new account missing Ash and Ghostface? Says I need to buy them and I have them both bought and installed

• jlitty420
    Options

I'm not sure I haven't checked all my characters yet, just happy to be able to play again haha

• jlitty420
    Options

@MandyTalk curious if it maybe has to do with items? Could they go into my save game and just erase everything and give me enough blood points to get it all back?

• grasslands
    Options

I would be fine with that as well. Will most likely be a faster resolution rather than waiting for a patch

• HulkinPUNK
    HulkinPUNK Member Posts: 9
    Options

I'll wait for the fix lol. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can. Their Twitter did reply and acknowledge what is going on at least. Just hope its up by the time the new killer releases and that trapper krampus skin is released.

• jjb985
    Options

How ironic hope I can play a game I bought in time for their over priced skin release.

• HulkinPUNK
    Options

Lol my money to use. I'm happy the game is still going like it is. Can't fault me for spending my money how I want. I'm sure they're doing their best to get it up and running.

• jjb985
    Options

Any reputable dev has yet to make a major announcement to put anyone at ease all they push is skins, ptb, streamers. A random CM on forums means nothing. They have flat out failed to address this head on and to make a large section of your community and fan base basically feel like they don't even matter makes it very easy to never want to support these devs again.

• Myke
    Myke Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    Options

I'm like devotion 7 level 60, and it's freezing for me. But

I signed in my wife account into my series X, she's like no devotion level 60, she got all DLC's and game shared from me as I set xbox as home. And it works, it doesnt have to be fresh account, there some kind of different issue.

Still, I gotta say few things...

1.Interface is extremely small. (Skill checks, names, every visible text, literally everything...) And I play on !! 75 inch TV !! I have to sit like 0,75m away so that I can see something, and the skillcheck difficulty ?? I can't hit great skill check, it's like 3mm small. Hitting good skillcheck is like hitting great SC. And I gotta say, I missed my first Decisive Strike Skillcheck after like 1000hours.....

2. When playing against The Nightmare, when you're in a dream, it's stuttering really bad. Hitting skillchecks is TERRIBLE experience.

And I played at 1080p 120hz resolution. Playing at 4K/60hz or even 120 hz is much worse.

So far these are the things why I'm goin back to Xbox One X + ext. SSD. (Normally the game is smoother and better on series X, but in certain situations "most important situations" is just much worse...)

1 thing I SUGGEST is to implement resolution of the game in options. 4k / 1080 and something like other games have - Framerate preference / Visuals Preference / Resolution preference ..... High framerate/High Quality....

• Zombie2Scoops
    Zombie2Scoops Member Posts: 1
    Options

Would love to know when I can play my game with my progress.. thanks

• jjb985
    Options

That might be okay if you have 2 Xbox and that set up but most people upgraded and have just the series X and no information on when they can play while the rift is going down the drain

• N45tyd4z
    N45tyd4z Member Posts: 3
    Options

So who do we contact for a refund on the rift pass as it seems Behaviour has no intention of fixing this any time soon most likely after the weekend.

• jjb985
    Options

I have yet to see a post directly addressing this issue on any of their platforms but they sure love showing off skins and streamerss.

• N45tyd4z
    N45tyd4z Member Posts: 3
    Options

Agreed and incredibly disappointing the only posts iv seen is pushing the new bubba skin or ptr. we still have no information no word of when it will be fixed and to make it worse I watched a “fog whispers” stream yesterday and when someone mentioned this issue all he did was laugh hysterically at Xbox players.

Think I’d rather put my time effort and money in to a game that treats its players better than this

• tonyischill
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yea I can imagine all the devs patting themselves on the back for a good PS5 launch, new leatherface cosmetic, new DLC, streamer boxes, and Rift pass sales while xbox people get entirely f'd over. Actually guys I think we're being too harsh on them. They deserve this weekend off

• jjb985
    Options

I think they can go get #########. I'm over it. ######### them and ######### the game it's a buggy ######### mess anyways.

• Szynkacz
    Szynkacz Member Posts: 13
    Options

Coudnt agree more, not gonna spend any more $$ on this game. If they dont speak english maybe will understand this laungage instead.

• tonyischill
    Options

NEW HOT FIX PATCH FOR XBOX SERIES X IS LIVE. RESTART YOUR XBOX AND DOWNLOAD IT. GAME WORKS NOW

• Szynkacz
    Szynkacz Member Posts: 13
    Options

Yep, its live

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,505
    Options

Can you all let me know if it fixes your issue please?

• HulkinPUNK
    Options

Seems to be working for me. Loaded into a survivor lobby without freezing just now.