Pharmacy rework?

HealsBadMan
HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

With the new addition of Appraisal, Pharmacy is now pretty much useless. Quentin's perks always were- Vigil is a joke as status effects either stayed until conditions were met (EX: Exposed on Devour Hope, Mangled on Sloppy) or you run while Exhausted. Wake Up! needs no explanation why its useless. But Pharmacy had its niche- to open chests much more quickly. Granted, it was only used it item-hunting builds, but it was something.

Now we have Appraisal, so instead of a guaranteed Green Medkit we get 3 extra searches? And still keep the same speed of opening chests? Yes please- Pharmacy is dead. Which brings to mind- what kind of rework would you like to see? Personally I'd think it'd be cool if it increased chances of pulling Medkits in general, and gave a slight buff to healing speeds, healing efficiency, and/or altruistic actions in general. What do y'all think?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295

A guaranteed purple medkit?

• banspeedrun
    banspeedrun Member Posts: 2

So personally, I'm always a fan of perks that add new features into the game (distraction, head on, etc) so if Pharmacy was getting a rework, I'd really like to see it add something rather than just be a numerical change to the way the game is already played. That said, here's my idea: When you place a medkit on the ground, it is revealed to all survivors with one of those map beacon things, and any survivor standing in, say, 16 meters of it gets healed over time while depleting the medkit. The healing speed would be determined by the medkit, its add-ons, and any relevant perks. :)

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Can't wait to run the full loot goblin build.

Plunderer's/Appraisal/Pharmacy/Ace In The Hole

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Just spitballing here, but what about:

Pharmacy:

You have a knack for finding medicine and keeping your friends in one piece.

• Pharmacy increases your chances of finding a med-kit in a chest by 20%.
    • Once per trial, interact with any open and empty chest to find an Emergency Med-Kit.
    • Your aura is hidden while unlocking/searching chests.
    • Your med-kit efficiency is increased by 40%.
    • Your aura is revealed to injured survivors who are within a 48m radius of your location.
    • After healing an injured survivor with a med-kit for at least 4 seconds, that survivor gains the Endurance status effect. This status persists for 4 seconds after the healing action stops if that survivor remains injured.

I removed the improved chest search-speed, since that'll become Appraisal's thing and also the noise reduction (since I think that should really go to Plunderer's Instinct instead), but I thought it would be good for Pharmacy to double-down on what it can do with med-kits. Since re-searching chests is becoming a thing due to Appraisal, I also prefer making that the function for getting Pharmacy's free med-kit instead of a basic chest search.

This probably wouldn't make it meta, but I think it would gain some better synergy with other perks and create some interesting in-trial interactions.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

i actually completely agree, the new perk makes pharmacy useless, I would like it if it becomes a perk to increase healing item efficiency and speed, or if just increases medkit odds in chests.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

I like the ideas but maybe not all of them, god forbid that gremilin Quentin actually has a good perk :p maybe the little ones (Medkit chances, empty chest gets a Medkit, no aura) with one of the other three you mentioned and the perk would be more viable.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Green medkit is actually better for healing yourself faster (built-in faster personal healing).