Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's your favourite non-meta perk?

What perks do you think don't get enough credit?

For survivor, I love Ace in the Hole. Being able to pull out a Styptic Agent from a chest is nuts. I'm gonna be using this one a lot more with the new chest perk that is coming with Chapter 18.

For killer, I like using a lot of non-meta perks on killer, but one of the perks I've been liking a lot recently is Hex: The Third Seal. I've had people kill themselves on hook just as someone was coming for the rescue because they got tired of waiting and didn't know that they were about to be unhooked. Plus the fact that it destroys Object of Obsession is nice.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Deerstalker is my favorite less popular perk. It can shave off a good 10-15 seconds of searching at times for dying survivors who have either crawled into a hiding spot while you chased someone else or when you’ve accidentally forgotten where you downed them, especially if the slugged survivor has very quiet sounds or no sounds due to perks or their particular character or map or whatever. Plus the aura helps you keep an eye on if someone else is coming toward them for a revive attempt. Even outside of a slug centric build I slug enough that when I don’t use this perk I find myself periodically annoyed that I didn’t equip it while listening around for some slugged survivor in a dark corner somewhere.

It’s not my top perk or anything, but it’s definitely one of my favorite “fill the last slot” perks, and pretty much a given if I actually intend on actively slugging a lot.

• dugman

I like Devour Hope but in this current meta where survivors are constantly cleansing every totem they find I prefer Haunted Grounds currently, it just seems to much more consistently at the moment.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Killer:

I have Sloppy Butcher in almost all of my builds. I love the healing slowdown it gives, and I'm surprised that I see nobody else using it.

Survivor:

Babysitter. Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I think that being able to distract the killer while your teammate runs away with little indication of where they're off to is pretty strong. Again, I only like it because it fits my playstyle. Plus if someone really good at looping uses this perk and can be pretty good as well.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

MYC solely on Wraith. It's deliciously good.

In general, probably STBFL, or Bond for Survivor.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,222

Yeah, Devour Hope 5 stacks is probably the most satisfying way to win a game.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Killer: Bamboozle, idk why more people don't use it, it's extremely strong in certain places and saves you a lot of time.

Survivor: Pebble, not only fun as a meme but can also be handy

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Dark Devotion.....on Clown.

• ReverseVelocity

I'm not really a fan of Bamboozle personally, I just don't like how it plays around loops, but I can see why people like it.

Pebble on the other hand is really underrated and very fun. Plus you get to yeet a rock at a killer in the exit gates, so bonus points for that.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Hmm, as far as individual perks go (that I'm not running purely because they're part of my combo):

I really like I'm All Ears lately. Not sure if it's considered a meta perk yet (it has been becoming a lot more popular of late), but I find the information it provides to be a helpful tool. Especially useful on killers like Pyramid Head, Blight, and Huntress.

For survivor, I quite enjoy Aftercare. It's just Bond with extra steps, but it feels good to get the aura reading working with all your teammates. Though I've been using Ace in the Hole a lot recently in my quest to suck less with the new flashlight aiming (lets me preserve more batteries for the dang things so I don't have to go find a CVS in the Fog).

• Gangrena
    Gangrena Member Posts: 6

I really love Agitation, because i can choose hooks closer to gens that are being done, get the basement ofc, and it also helps against body-blocking-sabotaging survivors. Honorable mentions to Thrilling Tremors, Sloopy Butcher aaand Unnerving Presence but just for Doc.

• ReverseVelocity

Agitiation is probably my favourite perk to put on if I get a few flashlights in my lobby. Being able to catch up to survivors who think they can outrun you is so nice.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It became my favorite Perk the moment it came out.

When it came out, it had an effect that would make sure everyone knew you had the Perk, and it was on 1 Token as well instead of 2.

I don't care if everyone hunts for it, and i don't care how little effect it can have in trials.

I have 3 other Perks that work just fine without Devour Hope, and having Devour Hope actually work is still one of the most satisfying things to me in this game.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

inner strenght, kind of nice tbf

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Mad Grit. It is the most important part of my meme build.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Any Means Necessary - I love pulling pallets back up and the bonus 500bp is noice. In fact if I'm feeling hungry for BP I just quickly pull down a pallet and lift it back up again.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I use Sloppy as well

For survivor... Lithe

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

STBFL for killer

Tenacity for Survivor

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

As survivor, I recently tried out We’ll Make It and really liked insta healing teammates after unhooking them. I combined this with BT for my altruism build and it works well

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Hex: 3rd Seal. Disabling aura's can get really strong. Especially on indoor maps. Combining it with Haunted Grounds for extra snowball.

Windows of Opportunity. Knowing exactly what pallet is still up or used and what windows are near can really help finding your way out a sticky situation.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I don't even know where to begin lol... Can't really pick just one, so Whispers, Agitation, Lightborn, and here's why:

Whispers saves time in the beginning so even if it's on but nobody's working on a gen nearby, I know to come back to those gens in a little bit. Also helps find the last survivor super easily.

Agitation because I can plan out hooks a little better and get another hit when someone goes for that sick flashlight save (lol)

Lightborn because it's easier to bait that sick flashlight save and turn your camera like you don't actually have the perk. Most of the time, survivors continue trying to blind me during the whole trial. Paired with Agitation you even get a chance to run them down if they're a little further away, and that 10 second aura reading has allowed me to get one hit while carrying someone to a hook, then knowing exactly where to go to down the person after getting the hook.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Tinkerer. It was always semi-useful back in the day but when they reworked it I loved the idea of knowing when a gen was about to pop and getting to be sneaky on approach was just the cherry on top. I knew it would be amazing on someone like Nurse who can already surprise you on a gen without any help, and now I know what gen to go to and I can be right on the other side of the wall and they won't know it.

Beautiful.

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313

Autodidact! gimme the stonks!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Blood echo, unbelivably underrated.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I have my favourite perks. If they are "meta" or not who knows, and who cares.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I always had a soft spot for Hope

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

Fire up. Especially on a tier 3 myers,a crackhead wraith, or a bamboozle bubba. Even though you just lost a gen you can still have some fun

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

Mad grit agitation on piggy, stick on the drill cosmetic, let your ears be soothed

• RedFoxCorky
    RedFoxCorky Member Posts: 7

Gotta be Red Herring for trolling ur friends, or Flip Flop for when the killer gets a bit too cocky whilst slugging.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Blood Pact. It’s the only Survivor Obsession perk that gets guaranteed value every game. I never regret running it.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020

Mad Grit. Always catches survivors off guard. ;)

Hope is dope, also.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I'm all ears. It's surprising how rarely this perk is used despite its value

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Bamboozle...

It's hilarious catching ppl with it

• Brightened
    Brightened Member Posts: 308

There's something really rewarding about Head On stuns....

• Diversion is my fav perk I don't have. I always run it in kyf lobbies and it kills me when they take the bait.

Killer would probably be dark devotion comboed with nemesis for stealth on the fly

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

At the moment? MYC/Dragons Grip on killer, Built To Last on survivor.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

vigil and bloodwarden

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

Sloppy butcher is one of my favorite perks and have taken a liking too monitor and abuse recently after experimenting perk builds. But as survivor id say Adrenaline

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Repressed alliance. Gotta love blocking gens in ppls faces both killers and survivors.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I run empathy+autodidact quite a bit, particularly when playing solo

• dugman

For sure about it being satisfying when it works, especially when you actually get kills from it, brutal stuff! 😄 (And bonus points when a salty survivor complains about you “using a mori” or “using op perks” afterward.)

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101

Do you consider Flip Flop meta?

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Blood Echo and Mindbreaker recently. Disabling survivor's exhaustion perks is stronger than most people think. It can mean the difference between a 15 second chase and a 1 minute chase.

• throwaway1234
    throwaway1234 Member Posts: 11

For survivor I gotta say lightweight for an everyone perk and for the people for a teachable.

For killer its definitely deerstalker or bitter murmur. I have gotten lots of value from both.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

my icon.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

For killer, Spies from The Shadows on Spirit. Who needs Stridor, just follow the birbs!

For survivor, Detective's Hunch. Great stuff on a build for chests or totems or both. I'd say Deliverance but I've seen it being ran a lot lately.

• Ammuze
    Ammuze Member Posts: 6

Deliverance.

"Fine, I'll do it myself"

• Demon_Swords
    Demon_Swords Member Posts: 68

Franklin's Demise, It is nice against 4 items teams and especially good against medkits since a survivor with a med-kit is unlikely to have other means of self-heal.

For survivor it is Spin Chill, Knowing when the killer is coming when you are in their terror radius and its counter to stealth killers is just too good. Also the extra speed boost to actions can be very good in clutch scenarios or is a nice speed boost when killers keep facing your direction while being looped by another survivor.

• Alcinius
    Alcinius Member Posts: 14

For the people.

My no.1 perk. I like it even tho when I try to heal someone they run away and get tunneled. I don't use Borrowed Time