Allow killer to select item types that the survivors can/can't have at start.

The killer can already leave lobbies easily if they don't like the items the survivors are holding.

Since it's not possible to change killer once you join a lobby, the killer you decided to play might not be the one with which you want to play against a certain item loadout.

If I queue up as wraith and come to a lobby with 4 flashlights, I probably won't exactly be eager to play. Maybe I have a different killer set up for a loadout like this but I can't change it because the game doesn't allow me to do so.

I would suggest a system that just eliminates this process of join-leave until you find what you're looking for and actually set up the conditions you're looking for. Maybe you don't want keys but want to play against toolboxes. Or maybe you don't want to play against survivors who take items at all.

This would only change what rooms the killer would be connected to and would also only put in survivors that meet the specified item criteria given by the killer.

P.S: This would NOT disallow item spawns from chests. This would ONLY apply to the items which the survivors take to the trial from the start. If the killer sets up no flashlights and someone finds one in a chest, fair game.

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

So the Killer joins to lobbies without items, what's stopping me from equipping an item when the Killer joins in?

Also why would anybody want to play against any items, this would be abused so people have easier games, the downside is longer queues, and who wants longer queues?

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111

I would suggest the lobby blocking items in accordance to the killer's choices. But I honestly think if random players got connected to a match without an item, they -more often than not- wouldn't equip an item post joining.

Because the killer might want to/not want to play against certain items and will just leave a lobby until the survivor group fits. And it's obviously longer queues. That's the price you'd have to pay for queuing up with some specific item types selected - same as if you were to just leave until you find a good group. (Except this adds a bit of automation to the system.) If you want faster queues, don't set up any item types. That will connect anyone.

It's meant to be a substitute for not being able to switch killer but being perfectly able to leave lobby without any issue to find a better group. Maybe I have a killer set up to deal with 4 toolboxes, 4 medkits or 4 flashlights, but that might not be the killer I queued up because maybe I just picked up a new killer or have terrible perk RNG on the current killer and I can't change.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,067

"Or maybe you don't want to play against survivors who take items at all."

Yeah, can I know who the Killer is then? I dont want to play against Spirit or Hag for example.

Items are part of the game. If you decide to not play against Items in general or certain Items, you can dodge your Lobby and have longer waiting times in return. This is fine.

• Mastermind

"Yeah, can I know who the Killer is then? I dont want to play against Spirit or Hag for example."

Quit mixing apples with oranges. All of the information I mention is currently freely available to the killer.

The survivors don't know who the killer is and that shouldn't be changed. My suggestion isn't changing anything. Just potentially automating the process of leaving a lobby that doesn't fit the killer. The killer is perfectly able to do this to their heart's content but that will in turn waste everyone's time, because if a killer sees survivors with a setup they don't want, they can leave and requeue, which lengthens wait times for the survivors. (Probably not by much, but that depends on the amount of players playing.)

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

this is by far the most stupid post i have ever seen

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,067
    edited November 2020

I have seen your other post about not having a DC-penalty as Killer, so I think you are REALLY biased.

IF you want to DC because you think that you wont have fun, take the penalty.

IF you want to lobby-dodge because you are afraid of a brown Medkit, you have the increased waiting time.

If you dont want to play the game, then dont expect that it will be made easy for you so that you get your preferred games. If you think you can only win against Survivors without Items, then at least spend the time dodging those Lobbies.

EDIT: Also, a big point: If this option exists there would be no reason for Killers to allow Survivors to bring Items. Which just increases Queue Times for Killers and Survivors (who use items).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No. Neither side should be able to restrict the other side's loadout.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

This is just about the dumbest suggestion I've ever seen on here.

• Mastermind

Noone is restricting anything. You bring what you want and queue up regularly. If a killer specified an unwanted item as the item which you queued up with, you won't connect to that killer but some other one. And believe me, if you don't want to wait, you'll just play with anything but that's your choice to make. On the other side of the scale, if you don't care about waiting but REALLY don't want certain items, feel free to wait and hope that's found. This makes the process of getting into a good game much cleaner.

• Orion

So built-in lobby dodging, in essence. No, thanks. Players should not be able to influence the matchmaker either.

PS: I don't even use items, so this wouldn't affect me at all. I just disagree with the idea.

• Mastermind

The thing is, you can already do it with what is available in the game. It's not like it's adding anything new to the game. It's just optimizing the amount of time the killer or any of the potential survivor groups to which the killer would connect have to wait.

• Orion

If you can already do it with what's in the game, then there's no point in this. The devs have bigger priorities than making it easier for killers to cherry-pick their lobbies, especially given that cherry-picking lobbies is not a thing they want to add and shouldn't be a thing in any game.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

Big disagreement. Sounds like killers just wanting a gg ez match. If you hate items so much, just equip Franklin’s.