The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New patch = Time for a Break

Seeing as how the developers of this game think it's funny to take on the roll of a troll while implementing "fixes" into this most recent patch 2.3.0, I think I won't be playing for a while. This patch clearly favors the killers heavily this time around to the point that NOED on any tier is an instant down for survivors. In turn, making this game unplayable and overall not fun.

Once the devs actually give a damn about their game, maybe but highly unlikely, will I come back and play. Until then, I got MHW to play, you know, a game where the devs care about the community. If that doesn't sound like shots fired, oh well.

It's 2018, being a troll is pretty much 2013 and makes you look childish. Have fun if you decided to continue to play everybody else.

Comments

• Darktronik
    Darktronik Member Posts: 94

bye bye. farewell.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

@XeroIdea said:
    Seeing as how the developers of this game think it's funny to take on the roll of a troll while implementing "fixes" into this most recent patch 2.3.0, I think I won't be playing for a while. This patch clearly favors the killers heavily this time around to the point that NOED on any tier is an instant down for survivors. In turn, making this game unplayable and overall not fun.

Once the devs actually give a damn about their game, maybe but highly unlikely, will I come back and play. Until then, I got MHW to play, you know, a game where the devs care about the community. If that doesn't sound like shots fired, oh well.

It's 2018, being a troll is pretty much 2013 and makes you look childish. Have fun if you decided to continue to play everybody else.

Noed is easy to counter dude. you're making a literal big deal about one perk you can Counter, It's called DESTROY DULL TOTEMS. cause it's easier than ever to counter Noed

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    They made adjustments to a hex perk, the worst type of perk to use and an end game one at that. Embrace a challenge, try playing a game on hardcore once in awhile and adjust your skills to match.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    lol
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Vortexas said:

I am pleased with the NOED changes.

After all, DS gives its break free on every level.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

Everyone will just cleanse all totems, all the time. Since when have hex perks been a problem if survs are diligent about cleansing?

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

lol my first time reading the killer perks i realized how easy to noed is to counter 5 totems kill dul totems oh look killer lost a perk without every getting any use from it any time i play killer i never touch noed just like as surv i never touch DS both are crutch perks and i wanna git ghud without needing a crutch to suppliment lack of skill if i screw up i die if i do good i live easy as that cleanse dull totems noed is never an issue problem solved

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    Purr said:

lol my first time reading the killer perks i realized how easy to noed is to counter 5 totems kill dul totems oh look killer lost a perk without every getting any use from it any time i play killer i never touch noed just like as surv i never touch DS both are crutch perks and i wanna git ghud without needing a crutch to suppliment lack of skill if i screw up i die if i do good i live easy as that cleanse dull totems noed is never an issue problem solved

counting broken totems is easy, profitable, and fun TEE HEE!
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@XeroIdea said:

If people want to use noed, they'll use it. Tier 3 is not so hard to get from bloodweb. I had it for all my killers already anyway. I don't see it being any different from before. Noed is used on weaker killers or killers with no map pressure, since you are just wasting a perk slot until all the gens are done and IF they are all done. You could be using a different perk in that place, that would help you out a lot more. I can't even call increasin healing speed by 4 seconds a nerf, they did it to slow the game a little. Which doesn't really do anything when 4 gens pop all at once in the first 2 minutes of the game.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The devs are doing great things to this game. It's all coming 6 months to 1 year late, but it's coming, and coming now.

NOED is needed in this game. It's a direct counter to gen rushing tryhard trash.

Also, it can be countered...

Don't gen rush so hard... spend 14 seconds on a totem. It takes 70 seconds to kill noed. Stop.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The patch has nice changes for both sides and lots of qol stuff, it's really nice and ll you need to do is adapt.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@XeroIdea said:
    This patch clearly favors the killers heavily this time around to the point that NOED on any tier is an instant down for survivors. In turn, making this game unplayable and overall not fun.

Quit. Don't quit. I don't care either way honestly. But this particular point of yours is an incredibly silly reason to do so. NOED rank 3 didn't change at all. The perk itself is no more powerful today than it was yesterday. The only thing that really changed is that rank 1 and 2 aren't utterly pointless.

If you were going to have a survivor tantrum and quit over anything it should be the heal changes. That is the thing that will have the highest impact on every game.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Oh I also forgot.

Bye OP see you next Chapter, because we both know you aren't leaving. You are just Mad that Killers have a perk that works at all levels now, like survivors have had for awhile in DS.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@XeroIdea said:

Complaining about tier1/2 versions of perks? ok bro, we wont miss you

MHW is content dry already, I enjoyed it a lot but there is simply nothing to do anymore because the devs are complete morons and even though they patched stuff on PS already, they actually need longer to port it to PC

But anyway, have fun in MHW until you get bored

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

This game is still survivor sided. This patch was much needed thanks devs :)
    and if you're so upset with noed, just do the totems. Are you new? You can completely disable the ability to use noed.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    It’s just one change to a perk that is easily countered. Did you not notice all of the other changes that are Survivor-sided?
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95bFj8CI-I

OP Made a youtube video about this.

• Lowbei
    this is just a troll thread by a brand new account. report it and move on.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

"Posts: 3"
    Probably came to the forums because the devs didn't agree with what he/she wants.

• 2BadWaluigiTime
    2BadWaluigiTime Member Posts: 21

@XeroIdea said:

It's 2018

Its the current year, and people are still saying "its the current year", we've been making fun of them for like 4 years now.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    XeroIdea said:

This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen. 

Because it's not all survivor buffs and killer nerfs, you're triggered and came to the forums to toss some salt. Goodbye and good riddance. We won't miss you.
  • Lowbei
    Dudddd said:
    With the DC ban their goal was to stop people from rage quitting but people still rage quit LOL i guess no one cares anymore based on how bad the games become .
    the games population shows a steady increase over time. the dc ban is working as intended. most people like the new patch. deal with it.
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Dudddd said:
    Lowbei said:

Dudddd said:

With the DC ban their goal was to stop people from rage quitting but people still rage quit LOL i guess no one cares anymore based on how bad the games become .

the games population shows a steady increase over time. the dc ban is working as intended. most people like the new patch. deal with it.

Nice try buddy 13k is alot isnt it yep , solo survivor is unplayable and swf you get dodged probably play 6 games in 1 hour as SWF the amount of time you get lobby dodged.

@Lowbei We don't typically agree on much, but this time I have to agree.

And @Dudddd Nice try, but you're not actually using the full data. 13k during night time EST hours has been the norm for a few months. During the day, particularly in the afternoon, DBD brings in 25k to 30k players and is often within the top 12 games on steam during those hours.

Also, if you look at the Average Player data from June 2016 until now, you do see an overall growth, a severe drop from winter 2017 until summer 2017, then relative growth from summer 2017 until now.

But considering that DBD is consistently somewhere in the top 10-12 games or so during its afternoon (east coast time) peak hours, and typically in the top 20-25 games placement in its nighttime off hours, I'd say it's doing fine.

Unlike many games, DBD seems to run in afternoon peak and nighttime off, hours.

https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

• Lowbei
    Dudddd said:
    Lowbei said:
    Dudddd said:
    Nice try buddy 13k is alot isnt it yep , solo survivor is unplayable and swf you get dodged probably play 6 games in 1 hour as SWF the amount of time you get lobby dodged.
    lol stop embarrassing yourself bro. steam charts show a steady increase in population, and i literally solo survivor at rank1. git gud and you wont need swf to play.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Noed is easy to counter dude. you're making a literal big deal about one perk you can Counter, It's called DESTROY DULL TOTEMS. cause it's easier than ever to counter Noed

NOT TO FAST BABY!!!

• Kilmeran

@Dudddd said:
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:

Lowbei said:

Dudddd said:

Nice try, but you're not actually using the real data. 13k during night time EST hours has been the norm for a few months. During the day, particularly in the afternoon, DBD brings in 25k to 30k players and is often within the top 12 games on steam during those hours.

Also, if you look at the Average Player data from June 2016 until now, you do see an overall growth, a severe drop from winter 2017 until summer 2017, then relative growth from summer 2017 until now.

LOL who are you trying to convince ?? people are more active at night due to the fact they get off from work/ school ect but nice try reminiscing about past growth we’re in the present buddy only time the game has 35k active players is during double bloodpoints 

Actually, try again. I check the steam charts daily for DBD because that helps determine when I choose to play, since I am an author and work from home.

And daily, including last week, yesterday, today, DBD peaks at 25k to 30k in the afternoon hours. I agree, it goes against what we normally see in video game active user statistics, but it seems to be what happens with DBD. They peak in the afternoon and drop-off in the evening, and then hover around 13k or so at night.

I see this daily with my own eyes.

And before you assume I am a DBD fanboi, look at my post history. Even as of yesterday, I tore this game a new ass and was walking out the door to go back to Overwatch. And I still haven't logged into it yet, since that post.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Dudddd said:

You say that while completely ignoring all the complaint threads from the same people complaining about getting banned.This would include a certain poster saying it doesn't matter while complaining about the recent ban wave.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:

Lowbei said:

Dudddd said:

Nice try, but you're not actually using the real data. 13k during night time EST hours has been the norm for a few months. During the day, particularly in the afternoon, DBD brings in 25k to 30k players and is often within the top 12 games on steam during those hours.

LOL who are you trying to convince ?? people are more active at night due to the fact they get off from work/ school ect but nice try reminiscing about past growth we’re in the present buddy only time the game has 35k active players is during double bloodpoints 

Actually, try again. I check the steam charts daily for DBD because that helps determine when I choose to play, since I am an author and work from home.

And daily, including last week, yesterday, today, DBD peaks at 25k to 30k in the afternoon hours. I agree, it goes against what we normally see in video game active user statistics, but it seems to be what happens with DBD. They peak in the afternoon and drop-off in the evening, and then hover around 13k or so at night.

And before you assume I am a DBD fanboi, look at my post history. Even as of yesterday, I tore this game a new ass and was walking out the door to go back to Overwatch. And I still haven't logged into it yet, since that post.

duddds ignorance aside, you should continue playing dbd imo  :) 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Lowbei said:
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:

Lowbei said:

Dudddd said:

duddds ignorance aside, you should continue playing dbd imo  :) 
    I agree, stick around, we are like a huge dysfunctional family here. 
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei and @ChesterTheMolester I've actually decided to give it another shot, I just couldn't play anything tonight.

I was trying to start as a Killer, and that is incredibly tough as a brand new player. I'm going to start over on Survivor side and learn how that side operates, how the maps are laid out, and all that jazz. Then go Killer at a later time, once I have some game time and experience under my belt.

• Lowbei
    Kilmeran said:

@Lowbei I've actually decided to give it another shot, I just couldn't play anything tonight.

I was trying to start as a Killer, and that is incredibly tough. I'm going to start over on Survivor side and learn how that side operates, how the maps are laid out, and all that jazz. Then go Killer at a later time, once I have some game time and experience under my belt.

you are wise :) 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited October 2018

Survivors get hella buffs people dont care. Killer buffs 1 HEX perk every one shits there pants and leaves.

Nothing of value lost.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@XeroIdea said:

Are you sure about this?

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

People are really showing their play-hours by complaining about this.
    Oh nooo, now tier 1 and 2 NOED are ACTUAL perks. Jesus. This only affects the low end of the spectrum.

• nssBoB
    nssBoB Member Posts: 15

let us know when you ragequit MHW because tempered kirin was mean and unfair to you.

• nssBoB

@Tsulan said:

@XeroIdea said:

Are you sure about this?

the mixed reviews on MHW is not really representative of the game as lot of it was review bombing the game at launch. some of it was legit concerns (online function was really poor) some of it just petty babble (omg my fringe resolution is not supported EVIL DEVS!!!)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@nssBoB said:

@Tsulan said:

@XeroIdea said:

Are you sure about this?

the mixed reviews on MHW is not really representative of the game as lot of it was review bombing the game at launch. some of it was legit concerns (online function was really poor) some of it just petty babble (omg my fringe resolution is not supported EVIL DEVS!!!)

Thank god DbD didn´t get review bombed for several times...

• nssBoB
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:

@nssBoB said:

@Tsulan said:

@XeroIdea said:

Are you sure about this?

Thank god DbD didn´t get review bombed for several times...

did i ever said DBD never got that treatment? look at reviews for freddy chapter... its mixed as well. it was never the main game for DBD that got bombed.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited October 2018

@Dudddd said:
    Kilmeran said:

@Dudddd said:

Lowbei said:

Dudddd said:

Stop spreading BS ffs. Ever heard about people need sleep at night? Seems you are just mad because you are unable to adapt to any changes.

Post edited by megdonalds on
  • Lowbei
    lol in here
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I feel like you're just being pissy about barely anything.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    "Small Game"
  • Zaram
    Zaram Member Posts: 36

@Global said:
    Survivors get hella buffs people dont care. Killer buffs 1 HEX perk every one shits there pants and leaves.

Nothing of value lost.

Killer cry everyday about the 'camping nerf' and the changed pallets.
    Both sides are good in whining.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    Zaram said:

@Global said:

Nothing of value lost.

Killer cry everyday about the 'camping nerf' and the changed pallets.
    Both sides are good in whining.

True, i see dumb threads on both sides buuuut tbh survivors that wants nerfs, buff ecc are sy more even if they are both dumb sometimes the numbers make it louder

Just look for that noed qol threads while in the same patch even survivor side got a lot of qol changes too..
  • Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

solo survivor is unplayable

This is just laughable. Honestly people need to try adapting a little when killers are suddenly able to..you know.. kill.