Do you have cross play turned off or on?

Options
2ยป

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

This Xbox1 player would appreciate an elaboration of you comment here please.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

On for both sides, I enjoy the fact that it brings the Community closer together, it's nice that everyone can play the same game. I also really like the faster killer queue times, mine used to be much slower.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2020
    Options

When it first started I thought it would be a great thing. However, I'm a survivor main on PS4. The percentage of matches that were nothing but slugfests went up exponentially with cross play. I thought maybe it was a fluke or something that would even out after a bit. Several weeks later I was still experiencing almost nothing but slugging killers.

I'm not attempting to make a statement about the validity or necessity of slugging. I don't play killer so I don't have the experience on the other side of the coin to make an unbiased judgement.

What I can say is regardless of whether or not anyone views slugging as a good or bad thing I was ready to give this game up. When nearly every match is a slugfest I personally don't get any enjoyment from it. I decided to turn off crossplay and see if things got better. I was happy to find out that not only did I experience a dramatic reduction in slugfest matches, but my queue times are actually better than they have ever been.

So for me crossplay will stay off unless some change to the game makes slugging as a strategy less common. As a survivor main I will always choose the option that involves less matches where the killer does nothing but slug.

Post edited by WheresTheGate on
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Pc player. I'd love to turn it off as a survivor, but the queue times are unbearable. I rarely get lobbies with other PC players and every other game someone gets AFK crows at the start at red ranks. Solo queue is absolutely miserable right now.

• Vompo
    Vompo Member Posts: 42
    Options

Xbox one and off. Tried cross play for one week when i noticed hacker and pc has better fps.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174
    Options

Off!

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

I've had it on since it was added and I don't see any reason to change that.

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100
    Options

On PS4 I would turn it off, but now that I have a PS5, I'm forced to turn it on to avoid long wait times.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Off on PS4 but forced to have it on for PS5 due to small PS5 population atm.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

On for both sides PS4. My solo surv queue experience has definitely improved w crossplay.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    Options

PC

On

because waiting 30+ minutes to play against the same 9 people isnt fun

I would like to turn it off because of the sheer toxicity of all the console players (dont know why they are) but thats not much of an option

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2020
    Options

I just turned it off over the weekend, I don't play as often now that we're in the middle of football season, on top of of work and family stuff. Not to knock PS4 players, PC killers are really good and for a now casual survivor as I am, I lack the skill to compete with them.

• shiffpup2
    shiffpup2 Member Posts: 131
    Options

On if I'm playing for playing, off when I'm going for specific challenges. The reason why is because I'm on Switch (cringe, I know) and you're always going to get at least 1 potato player after waiting for a couple minutes.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

if you're on console and feel like a punching bag of course on, anyway I'd pay to see the devs to stream that mess they call optimization

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

PS4 player, on for survivor. Off for killer.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 455
    Options

I keep it on for both survivor and killer, I get into matches faster.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32
    Options

I play PC and I have it turned on. I heard if you turn it off, queues are much longer. Crossplay really doesnt bother me.

• Klavatoo
    Klavatoo Member Posts: 61
    Options

How do you know they are on PC? It could literally be Ps4 or switch or stadia LUL