Do you have cross play turned off or on?

Title

Comments

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Off for Survivor, On for Killer. I like being able to chat with my teammates before the match starts.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

On. I couldn’t care less if the other players are on console so why would I ever turn it off?

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

Off

On ps4 i dont have to wait longer than 30 sec as killer

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

On xbox one, I would have crossplay on when I'm survivor and off for killer. However, after playing the next gen update on the series x, I will have crossplay on for both roles as I think the hardware allows for a somewhat more equal playing field.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I have it on since it lowers red rank killer times moderately/considerably/tremendously.

I'm also too lazy to turn it off for survivor, so I just kinda hope for the best. It has made me less talkative though. It's kinda pointless to say gg if the other team can't see it.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

on, im from pc and i enjoy going agaisnt console potatoes tbh but at the same time i dont like waiting so much and as killer with consoles enabled you get insta lobbys wich is always nice. as survivor still takes like 5 to 10 minutes but well is fine i guess would be more without crossplay on

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I have it on since the crossplay started.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

Playing on xbox one x, I have it on all the time for both roles. The experience is the same either way. Was hoping for better team mates when I see people playing on PC but just had a match with the other 3 PC players urban evading the entire match and lasted 5 seconds in a chase.

So the experience hasn't changed much for me 😂

• Xialvos
    Xialvos Member Posts: 2

Off most of the time, unless I want a quick match. Most of the time when it's on there are trolls and people try and take the game hostage, which sucks because there's nothing in place to stop them. The reporting system is a joke fr lmao

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Always on, I welcome our Console brethren.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

On because why wouldn't I want more people to play with? Also i'm not one of those people that thinks all console players are #########.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

On

I’m on PS5. I’d wait forever without cross play otherwise.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Literally no reason to turn it off.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486

ON -> the killer wait is ~5 minutes but console users cannot end chat

OFF -> the killer wait is ~10 minutes with end chat (me and others from PC)

-> So I chose OFF cuz I need the end chat

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It's off while playing killer and on sometimes while playing survivor.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

PS4 - I turned it off after the first day. My waits for killer or survivor are only 1-2 minutes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited November 2020

On.

Not a single complaint so far and the only thing that changed for me is way faster lobby search times.

Heck, i kinda like it when my 4 Survivors all have globes, so there's no trash talk after the game if i kill all 4.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

On when I'm playing pc; I'm content with shorter waiting and the players are all the same to me.

On when I'm playing on switch; It can be quite crinch playing killer vs possible pc survivors. But I do notice that all those hard games make you a better player in the long run. So I mostly enjoy crossplay.

• Cele
    Cele Member Posts: 63

On.

I enjoy going against full console teams - even if I lose badly, they cannot BM in chat :D

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Off for Killer, on for survivor.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

On because I don’t really give a damn about the limitations of the console hardware. Besides, in my experience, both console and PC are usually relatively equal in skill, I know that might seem like blasphemy to any PC Master race peeps (if they even still exist) but yeah that’s how I see it.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I keep it off for now. Only time I have it on is when I'm doing things with some of my friends on PC (I'm on console).

Would do the whole "off for killer, on for survivor" thing, but I don't really want to have to adjust settings every other match (I swap roles pretty frequently).

If the game becomes proven to run more stably on next-gen hardware, then I'll switch it on whenever I upgrade (though I'm not in much of a hurry to do so yet). Or if by some miracle they can get DbD to actually run at a consistent and stable 30fps on current-gen consoles, then I'd also consider reactivating Crossplay and leaving it on.

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

Always turned on. On xbox and only thing I would say is I would love some kind of cross platform chat feature. It gets lonely when youre the only one on your platform in multiple games!

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Ever since crossplay went live I've had it turned on, however over the past week my skill and game sense had dropped drastically, so I've had to turn it off untill I get better

• Devious_Danny
    Devious_Danny Member Posts: 24

On for both sides , PC player here , i feel both sides have their really good killers and survivors both on the flip side also their weak links , i had Console players (xbox) being just as good as a looper as certain PC players ( i play R1 on both sides consistently)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

On

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

PC player. On for both sides at the moment although me and my friend that queue together often are thinking of turning crossplay off as survivor.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498

on whats the point of turing it off?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

On for PC.

I turned it off when playing on console due because playing at 25 fps versus a PC Huntress or Slinger wasn't very fun.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020

On. The only difference as solo survivor is queue times, and as killer it decreases the likelihood that I get an elusive toxic 4 man SWF. Win-win.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I've had it turned off because of console performance being so poor but I think I'm going to turn it back on because of the PS5 version running so well (that and I probably wouldn't get very many games).

If I go back to PS4 it's staying off.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Off most of the time. If getting a game takes too long then I'll turn it back on for a while. Though from my experience the queue times are pretty similar either way.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

ON

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

ON. Faster games, and it'll have wonkey glitches either way.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I've turned it on again and the game is running fine, if I have FPS issues again I'll turn it off, as that's what fixed it last time. Queue times remained largely unchanged as killer with either setting.

I'm guessing there is a glut of survivors and a lack of killers.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

Off for killin, on for survivin when queue times are long. Xbox1's are still getting that 60 frames some coming decade, right?

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Im tempted to turn crossplay on just to try and get out of swf lobbies on ps4 communicating in party chats.

Swf are disgusting

• praxZ
    praxZ Member Posts: 8

Enabled on a PS4 Slim, despite being unfair when the game's running at 3fps against a 144fps PC killer.

It won't even matter that much now that the PS5 is about to be released in Europe (it was already pretty bad to play on Lery's against PS4 Pro killers as well)

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

100% off. I get better games with no difference in queue time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

On. I don't care about playing with/against people from other platforms, just fast queues.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I have found no reason to turn it off so it's on

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Always on. Solo with console survivors is usually ######### for me and it's annoying. Though I've had some that were just as good so that was nice but it rarely happens. Playing killer I see them more than playing survivor which is wack...

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

On.

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 63

Depends on the flatform and what I'm doing. I play on PC, PS4 and Switch. I always leave it on PS4 and PC and it stays on when I stream on my switch.

Though when it's off on my switch it's to play killer and mess with the switch guys that I'm in a discord server with.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767
    edited November 2020

I have tried it with killer fellow Xboxer......... many a sad face