The grind makes prestiging pointless

Options

After 4 years there are a lot of perks to be had between killers and survivors, and getting all of these perks to rank 3 takes a hefty amount of time and bloodpoints. Simply put, it's time for prestiging to receive a rework. My suggestion is that prestiging a character either reduces the amount of bloodpoints necessary to unlock perks, or it automatically unlocks tier 3 for perks that you had previously purchased. Either way something needs to give, because unless DBD is all that you play, there's no way you're going to find the time to purchase every perk multiple times.

Comments

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I'd say that prestige is for players that play the game a ton and for players that really like a specific character. I'm kinda sitting in the middle of those two camps and have a few characters with P3 all T3 perks

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Yeah I'm in that same boat. The bloody clothes and face looks cool, but it's not the outfit that I choose to use. Which is why prestiging needs to bring more to the table than simply an altered look.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,620
    Options

Devs were talking about Prestige Rewards, but no information were given so far. I think it will be something really minor so that people who stockpiled Add Ons or Items on their Characters dont feel forced to lose it.

I can imagine it being Charms which show the Prestige Level of the Character so that other players can see that you prestiged the Character without having to use the Bloody Cosmetics.

In general, I dont think that prestiging wastes so much BPs. The amount is pretty small compared to getting all Perks on a Character.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

The grind is the one biggest reason I will never prestige again. The only survivor I prestiged was Cheryl because she's my favourite character (Since I'm a SH Fanboy) but I did regret it because I had to grind out EVERY perk yet again, but luckily it was at a DBP event so it wasn't too tough. If I do choose to prestige again, it's only when a DBP event is happening, because a lot of people use the BPS or past event BP items. If they maybe gave more incentive to P3 characters, like unique charms or a unique cosmetic beyond the usual bloody clothes, maybe I'd do it more.

• SweetTerror
    Options

That's assuming the RNG benefited your blood web and you got the exact perks you were looking for without having to go all the way through level 50 again.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah it's too bad that BHVR doesn't have blood hunt events more often. I can't remember the last time they did the last blood hunt before this recent Halloween event.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
    Options

yes

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

I was going to Prestige my Min, but I gave up because I'm not going to get all those perks again, specially since I still have teachable perks to unlock with like at least 5 other characters. And the item rarity increase is so small that it makes it even worthless.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,620
    Options

I mean, when I prestige, I just go to Level 50 and use the good BP-Offerings as Survivor. As Killer, if I have BBQ, I use the 100% BP-Offerings, if I dont have BBQ, I just prestige (because then I can play a Killer I have maxed out with BBQ, so I will do better anyway and get the same amount of BPs).

So I dont really care what I get until I am P3.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

if you play casual and not every day yeah don't prestige, get all your characters lvl 50 and be done with it.

However if you regularly play and get all your characters to lvl 50 i would prestige one at a time. Otherwise you might lose the motivation to play once you have nothing to work towards.

I got nearly all my killers to P3 lvl 50 and im only missing Blight and PH who is P3 lvl 20, nothing is more satisfying than seeing all your characters max level it makes you realize how much put into the game.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

And for the trophy/achievement for P1, P2, P3, and P3 50.

I’d really like to see something like P2 starts all perks at tier 2, and P3 starts all perks at tier 3.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

They should add players Prestige ranking to the end match scoreboard - so you have at least something to show off to players when you want to show off cooler outfits on your characters.

Bloody Cosmetics just isn't enough for all that waste of resources.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

It is pointless yeah, I'm on the way of doing it again though, I had all killers and like 2 survivors p3 on ps4 now I'm re doing it on pc.

Barely on p1 on all killers except PH and Oni which I have on p3

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Prestige isn’t really the problem with the grind since it’s completely optional. You could never prestige anyone and still have an insane grind ahead of you.

In my opinion they should leave prestige as it is, for completionists or people who enjoy grinding for stuff. But make the base grind from 0-50 and 50 onwards a bit less painful. Remove perk tiers, delete a ton of useless junk that clutters the bloodweb, rework how perks are purchased, whatever.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I like to prestige mainly because I think it’s fun to reset and see what happens when I play a character from scratch with new loadouts. It kind of forces me to play with perks I wouldn’t normally think about.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

lets be real the bloody clothes are pretty terrible, theyre out dated and dont even look interesting and the only time id consider it is on a liscence character that may not get many skins or skins i like. but if you have been playing 4 years you have plenty of BP lol. i own every perk on every killer and survivor, some are Prestige others not and my play time is about 1k hours at a stretch.

Personally the best thing would be to purchase the prestige with BP, so instead of resetting and lose everything just have it so it costs 1million bp (the bp cap) so if you want the bloody clothes you save up and click the middle to unlock a piece. this way you keep everything, reduces the grind massively but still requires you to save your bp to get it.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Prestige is cringey in this game. Worthless. Oh you get bloody clothes? All that gets you is dodged more often. And if you're a prestiged Claudette main then it's assumed you're a troll.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

If i'm not mistaken, prestige also increases the chances of finding higher rarity offerings on bloodwebs. The benefit is minimal tho, and you should only prestige if you got extra BP to waste. Check the analisys on reddit and keep in mind it was way before the perk chenges we had recently.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah I prestige'd the doc for the bloody lab coat because it's thematic but I'll be damned if I could be bothered doing any others. Especially for nothing but a blood soaked cosmetic that often doesn't look that great.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I just don't see why you need to have every perk on every survivor, though. Why not just power level one character, either to P3 50 or P0 50 depending on your preference, and unlock all of the perks for them? That way you can always put together the builds you want as a survivor and you'll feel free to prestige your other characters if you want.

I personally prestige my characters 1) For stealth options, especially for survivors like Adam who have really visible default skins, 2) For something to do, 3) Because I don't want to be in a situation where I've committed to keeping everyone at P0 if and when BHVR finally announces new prestige rewards (or if I just decide I want that bloody cosmetic), and 4) Because I actually like switching up the perks I run. Each new prestige gives me new sets of Tier 3 perks, so I'm forced to find new synergies and run builds I otherwise might not have.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Believe me,prestiging wastes a LOT of bloodpoints.

It takes about 4.500.000 bloodpoints to get to prestige 3 level 50 (considering your character was level 50 already).

About 1.500.000 bloodpoints more points and you could have gotten all the perks on that character instead.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Around the time I dumped 1mil bp into Cheryl just to find LVL 2 iron will (wow!), I realized that I really needed a more constructive project for my bp. (This especially hurt as i recently took Felix to lvl 10 and he already has lv. 2 iron will..)

I decided to p3 a survivor that was already lv.50. I have 3/4 achievements with just the last go. I probably won't even play her much (claud), but it'll be nice to get the trophies over with.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

Prestige is all those that can't stop grinding a game that all it wants to do is force you to grind for rewards that other games would let you start with.

If you are a normal person and won't put in over 1,000 hours into any one video game it is a waste of your time

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

The more Perks i own on characters, the less appealing Prestiging them becomes.

Also, as long as bloody clothes is the only reward for Prestiging, it's already a no for me.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 478
    Options

Yeah, I highly regret prestiging the few characters I did. Unless there's some new reward that makes it worth it, I won't be prestiging any characters again

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I've only prestiged one time in the entire time I've played and owned the game. It just isn't worth it.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98
    Options

I did that once before I realized exactly what it did. Having to start over on that character really irked me so I won't be doing it again.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Yeah, I'm not bothering with it. The sheer number of unlocked Perks I have on top of everything else make it take TOO LONG to get what I need back on the character. The cost is too high for something so minor.

• SweetTerror
    Options

That's exactly what I do. I only have three survivors that I bounce back and forth with since every survivor is the same. Once you have their teachables unlocked, then it's pointless to keep investing in more and more survivors.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
    Options

My suggestion is: bloodpoint offerings shouldn’t have any cost, make them appear as a gift in the bloodweb. It doesn’t make sense to spend bloodpoints to win bloodpoints, just saying...

• SweetTerror
    Options

That would be nice. Last night I encountered a hacker playing nurse who downed everyone in less then 60 seconds, and worst of all I ended up wasting an escape cake. The match was over in less than 2 minutes, and most everyone walked away with less than 3,000 blood points. Which again, goes to show just why BHVR needs to focus on fixing their game instead of new content.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

It should keep all the offerings of one type you select, two addon types of your choice and 4 perks level 3

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I think one issue it has is even if you Prestige a character, it has no bearing on anything else in the game. Your player level doesn't get a boost. You don't get any other accolades or xp bonuses. Just a few cosmetic pieces.

While that alone may be all you wanted, in every other game I've played, it usually has a few extra perks to make it feel worthwhile for all the carrot and stick you've done. Warframe just throws things at you for each master rank. Payday 2 has loads of cosmetics and bonuses.

If they followed that model, I mean, one game perk off the top of my head is permanently increased bloodpoint reserves. That's something useable and often requested. Maybe an extra 10% discount on cosmetics for P3'ing a character? Extra daily challenges?

• SweetTerror
    Options

I couldn't agree more. BHVR definitely needs to bring more to the table when it comes to prestiging characters. Getting bloody clothes is not nearly reward enough considering the sheer amount of grinding that you have to do all over again.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Yeah Prestiging sucks. I hate how to really max out a killer I have to hit 50 3 times. Sure I don't have to prestige them but I'm always worried I might one day change my mind. Say I get a killer to 50 and unlock all their perks. Then I decide I want the bloody weapon. All those points I sunk into them just dug me a deeper hole.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I think it would be cool to see a 5% discount on everything in your bloodweb per prestige level or something like that.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195
    Options

i dont recommend that anyone starts prestigeing anything nowdays but if you have played for long enough you just dont you need bps anymore and you start using em just for the sake of not staying at the cap.