What's the best map gameplay-wise in your opinion?

For me it has to be the new autoheaven. It's incredibly balanced from both sides. The MacMillan estate (hope I didn't spell that wrong) is somewhat balanced, a bit annoying as survivor tho cuz most killer strats revolve around 3gen in these kind of maps.

What about you? Let me know below

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

i'd say thompson house as of now, haven't played any of the updated maps for the next chapter. I think the badham maps are pretty decent since the update and good use of the breakable walls. Other updated maps and since the addition of breakable walls have made maps a little annoying for either survivor or killer. Macmillan is okay but the breakable walls on some maps are a pain for killer.

• furret534
    furret534 Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2020

I'm going to trigger everyone and say that The Game is the best, and I'm saying that unironically.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Midwich.

Lmao I'm joking, obviously, uhh I'd say probably current Gas Heaven or something, haven't had the chance to test new autohaven

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Mine has always been MacMillan estate(Minus sheltered woods).

It's maps had stood the test of time and only became worse recently due to unneeded additions like breakable walls causing infinite loops that didn't need to exist.

Seriously The map reworks made the MacMillan maps worse and makes the old saying "Don't fix what isn't broken" ring true.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

The Game is absolutely awful.It's just safe pallet city.There's barely any real mindgames you can do on this map.

Super boring for both sides imo

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73

I really love playing on Hawkins, The Game, and Lerys memorial institute.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

For both sides, it's a hard question but imo gotta be Father's chapel or Coal tower

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I quite enjoy The Game too, apart from when I'm playing against a Doctor with distressing 😂

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Can't beat the classic maps. (Burn shelter woods to the ground though.)

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

For both sides I like The Game, Dead Dawg Saloon and Midwich. However the issue with Midwich is I struggle to find generators and totems.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As Trapper main, tried to play new AutoHeaven.

Double L pallets has a hole on the wall makes it super hard to mind game. This hole only

Super low grass volume with bright ground makes Trapper an M1 killer

I would say, the map nerfed on killers abit, big nerf on Trapper (multiple places had traps dig down but no more). I didnt play survivors on PTB so I cant tell for survivor side.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Coal Tower and Dead Dawg Saloon

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Maps like Coal Tower, Father Campbell's, Wrecker's Yard etc are probably the most balanced and fun for both sides regardless of what killer you're playing.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I think Dead Dawg is really balanced - not too big or small, building can be strong if run right but not busted, gens aren’t super unsafe but nor are they Haddonfield level safe, there are some decent loops and a couple of good pallets along with some weaker ones. Good places to use Balanced but no super safe drops. Totems that are hidden but not impossible to find (hi Lery’s). It has strengths and weaknesses for both sides but nothing too brainless, you can try to mindgame and play around most tiles. Survivors have resources to defend themselves, but they have to play well to use them.

I used to dislike this map but it’s grown on me a lot, I think it may be my favourite now. Along with Coal Tower, I think these are the most balanced maps.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

saloon and macmillian.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

For me it's Badham maps. I like to play this maps for both sides.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I’m basic. Coal Tower.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

New ormond

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Autohaven and Mcmillian got the most balanced maps out there

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Autohaven: Wreckers Yard

McMillan Estate: Coal Tower

These are the most balanced maps (imo at least)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

As both a killer and survivor I enjoy playing on Father Campbells Chapel - I tend to find that map is the most fun for both sides.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020

MacMillan Estate, all apart from Shelter Woods which I feel is too much of a deadzone map.

Also as above, I agree that Wrecker's Yard is pretty well balanced, and yet I get it so rarely.

Same as Mandy, I quite enjoy Father Campbell's Chapel, however its counterpart I feel has issues for both sides. The middle building can be godly for survivors, however at the same time a lot of the places dotted around the maps are desolate.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Midwich. I actually enjoy playing this map. Especially when I'm killer

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Idk how people can think saloon is balanced. I find it a run to the insanely strong main building or ur going down map. Also pretty yikes map for 3 gens.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Any map that has a reasonable balance between the roles and doesn't rely too heavily on "hold-w" strats as its sole means of play is usually pretty good (I think that last part is where Midwich Elementary and The Game fail as maps, despite arguably being balanced).

I saw them mentioned already, but Father Campbell's Chapel, Coal Tower, and Wrecker's Yard are some of the best maps that DbD has to offer for both roles. Ever since the Silo window got reworked, I'd be willing to add Torment Creek to this list as well. And while opinions will definitely vary (because it's an indoor map), I also think that Lery's can be pretty fun from either perspective.

I haven't played on any of the new Autohaven maps or new Ormond yet (I'm on console, so no PTB access for me), but I'm hopeful for Gas Heaven and Wretched Shop. Both of them seem on the cusp of being in a good spot and are just a little too biased towards certain roles in their current states (survivor and killer, respectively).

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Rancid Abattoir and Torment Creek. They are just fantastic maps with a lot of integrity left to them especially since their infinites were removed.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

Autohaven maps are a wonder for killers. Usually no line of sight breakers, and very few safe spots. Especially Gas heaven. Worst map in game together with that other tiny Macmillan map.

I enjoy farm maps, The Game map, MacMillan is ok.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Father Campbell's Chapel is pretty balanced, all things considered.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I tend to agree with others about Father Campbell's Chapel. I'm pretty fine seeing that map on either side.