Killers Just because some gens get done it doesn't mean you're going to lose.

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I was playing solo with a team that stayed around the killer far to much when they were obviously tunneling so we got destroyed.

I felt like I was the only one trying to play. and we got zero gens done.

I talked to the killer after the game and just said that they didn't need to go in so hard on us. They then said that was on my team then and I just said they still chose to play that way.

their response was "Chose to Lose?"

I had to take a break for the day if I was getting games like that, the tunneling is real today.

Comments

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Tunneling is the best strat if the killer want to win. What i mean by that is you chase survivor 1 hook him chase survivor 2 hook him go back to survivor 1 then hook someone else then go back to survivor 1. This is the best strat 5 hook with 1 dead 2 gen to go is a better scenario than 5 hook 0 dead 2 gen to go

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

If your team stays around the killer that's not even tunneling.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

For the same reason when a survivor DCs at 5 gens, and the killer kills everyone left, the survivors rage at the killer and not the guy who DC'd.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2020

Survivor : finish gen in front of the killer's face

Killer : you gonna pay for that. Im going to camp and tunnel you to death.

LUL

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

just because I load in the map doesn't mean the game is over....

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I will say I was trying to meme with Ultra rare myers add ons, but people didn't want to die so I brought out the Nurse.

You want it? It's yours my friend.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Blame big name streamers. They got the bee in people's bonnets that a game you don't win is a game wasted.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

So the survivors were just straight up ######### but somehow in your mind the killer was the issue in this scenario? Makes a lot of sense.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

winning and losing have no definition in this game so your claim is meaningless.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

If a survivor unhooks someone when the killer is standing close by, and the unhooked guy is the only person the killer sees to chase, what do you expect will happen.

taking one guy out of the match as quickly as possible is the optimal way to play as a killer to get points.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Your right its when 3 gens pop within a few seconds apart. It's even worse when you have Tinkerer and the alert goes off one after another.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

What i love about this community is no matter what happens.... It's always, always, always, ALWAYS the killers fault.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It depends on which gens get done. Usually it's a couple that are pretty far out and which shrink the map quite nicely, but sometimes a teams on to it (or quite often if you're unlucky enough to constantly go against co-ordinated teams, it happens, we've all been there) and they do generators in the middle and basically destroy you before you've gotten one hook.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

I feel like rushing the hook is likely to give you more bloodpoints though, at least per amount of time spent. You die faster but you are getting a big chunk of bloodpoints in that short amount of time, instead of a similar amount spread out across a longer period of time. It can also be more fun, especially when the other three survivors are doing this, and you are sitting on generators without any interaction while everyone else is having fun.

In theory a meaningful rank system would alleviate this somewhat, as rushing the hook and going down a lot will likely decrease your chances of getting a pip as opposed to playing smart and working on generators or regrouping to heal.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Exactly. Its not motivating when you do gens, everyone rushes the hook and trades until everyone is dead and then they have a lot more bloodpoints then you.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Certainly if you are having fun and just getting bloodpoints.

But, it seemed to me, OP was annoyed at the killer for capitalizing on this and choosing to continue playing.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

That's how I was trying to play the game but I couldn't.

and no I'm not blaming the killer. I was just talking with them and and I admitted that my team was bad. I was just surprised at the response chose to lose? Nowhere in there did I say hand me the game, I'm not that desperate.

you missed the part where I was playing solo I couldn't tell them anything. talking to one person after a game is easier then talking to 3

None of that was going on. What I love about this community is someone says something they're ALWAYS crying about it we can't just have discussions about things. you point out something that seems odd to you or you don't like and you've got 5 people that are guaranteed to come at you and say you're just complaining and throwing blame around.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I don't blame them when they are like this though, it feels like you are doing an assignment and every gen that pops is like the due date kinda, it becomes stressful and thats what happens, so just know they are just stressed when that happen and will resort to get a win, just think about it that way

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

This is why survivors will always bring meta perks and then they'll still wonder WHY.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

No I didn’t miss that at all. You don’t need to address each survivor individually but saying to your team that could have gone better if you didn’t rush the hook, is better than pointing the finger at the killer and expecting them to not capitalise on poor survivor game play.

You aren’t in a group with the killer either but you still direct your ire at them for your team’s failing. I’m afraid your reply is about as illogical as your initial complaint.

This scenario as described is no fault of the killer.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I don't understand this. Survivors tend to point fingers at the killer and not the survivors. Why? Another reason I think survivors are toxic. Killer is innocent.