Am I the only one who noticed...

RepliCant
RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

More than half of the streamers BHVR is/have supported, practice Unsportsmanlike Behavior...

It's distasteful. Especially when you see a cosmetic in the game designed for them, but blatantly use their high viewer group as a leeway to play so rudely and ruin the other sides' gameplay.

Why is this? I sometimes would stream some and my friends who would linger to see what was going on would be so confused as to why someone's playing uhh... what's that fancy overused word? Oh right... toxic.

Yeah. Toxicity exists in everygame but it's unprofessional to support those who practice it on a business standpoint.

Comments

• RepliCant
    edited October 2018

@TheBean said:
    Boring... First define what you consider "toxic"?.... Playing within the rules of the game but not playing in a friendly manner?... Or breaking the rules, cheating, hacking to be toxic?

Is it... You don't like them to support streamers who.... t-bag?..... DC to much, but not enough to get banned?.... Sabo players?.... Sluggers?..... Being mean to you in chat? What?

Please don't use such a broad term.. since some take the meaning of being TOXIC differently in this game.

Some people think using a emote and pointing at the killer is considered TOXIC...

Again, from a business standpoints; why support a streamer that gives the game the rep it has?

Why support someone who consistently uses bad manners throughout the playtime?

Why? Tell me. Tell me how it's professional.

The board use of toxic was used as another word for bad manners.

The whole "bullying killers" thing originated from Top Viewer streamers.. Yes, plural on streamers. in a group of friends typically too.

Just explain to me how that's good publicity?

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Just be glad one of these Devs didn't think Ochidos toxic ass was worth a customization.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Brady said:
    More than half of the streamers BHVR is/have supported, practice Unsportsmanlike Behavior...

It's distasteful. Especially when you see a cosmetic in the game designed for them, but blatantly use their high viewer group as a leeway to play so rudely and ruin the other sides' gameplay.

Why is this? I sometimes would stream some and my friends who would linger to see what was going on would be so confused as to why someone's playing uhh... what's that fancy overused word? Oh right... toxic.

Yeah. Toxicity exists in everygame but it's unprofessional to support those who practice it on a business standpoint.

unsportsmanlike is a thing

Commiting bannable offenses and using programs that are not allowed (MLGA) is another thing.

• Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149

First of all punishing streamers with high viewer numbers would hurt the player base. Dead by daylight is still growing in popularity and becoming bigger. I get what you mean but simply teabagging a player is not enough to ban someone. It's rude but not probably something you would ever get banned for (I imagine).

Also the devs are not responsible for who streams their games and what viewers they have. Dead by daylight has other issues than banning streamers for tea bagging or playing "toxic".

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Even after being questioned on it, he didn't mention what toxic behavior he was referring to. Which makes it sound like he's probly upset about flashlight stuns, run by insta heals, and other valid (but often broken) strategies rather than glitch abuse, harassment in post game chat, and actual toxic behavior.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

You know....I find it hard to resist saying that you'r a bit naive :D
    Have you heard about I don't know...ancient Rome and the arena fights or Bullfighting in Spain? Watching all this behavior that I predict (as The Bean mentioned you could be more specific) you find "unsportsmanlike" is and always has been a delight for humans, laurels for winners, shame for loosers, that's much more natural than being humble in success that I believe is a foundation of sport for you. Life is brutal and that's the truth, not just some slogan.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@Dehitay said:
    Even after being questioned on it, he didn't mention what toxic behavior he was referring to. Which makes it sound like he's probly upset about flashlight stuns, run by insta heals, and other valid (but often broken) strategies rather than glitch abuse, harassment in post game chat, and actual toxic behavior.

tbh half this forum hates streamers for no real reason. People literally wish death upon streamers here, its disturbing.

• RepliCant
    edited October 2018

@Dehitay said:

Survivor main here :pirate:

I've seen streamers have general bad manners ingame (not bannable) but also outside, AKA the endgame chat.

It's just a question as to WHY these streamers are being heavily supported?

I'm not talking about banning them, I'm questioning business decisions. It'd hurt the game banning these streamers (we all know that) but in the way their being supported just brings up redflags about BHVR's priorities.

Can you see what I'm saying?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Some of them deserve their position though. Ohmwrecker and HybridPanda are normally very nice players. Ohm isn't amazing at the game but he's still nice to his fellow players. I've watched him stream and I don't remember any time that he's been really toxic or rude 
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

@MisterCremaster said:
    The thing I find most offensive is the deranking.

I have to agree with you . not every streamer does it but the vast majority of them if you pay attension do . Nothing like watching a streamer with a account rank 80-120 with the try hard perks playing in a rank 15 killer or survivor . this is almost as bad as being a p3 in those ranks …

to me it screams of either I have no skill outside of this rank , or my only real skill is playing against people of this rank so I look good …

• RepliCant

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Some of them deserve their position though. Ohmwrecker and HybridPanda are normally very nice players. Ohm isn't amazing at the game but he's still nice to his fellow players. I've watched him stream and I don't remember any time that he's been really toxic or rude 

Oh for sure! You can throw Tru3 in that batch too, along with Puppers and so on. They're all positive vibin' streamers :P

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    ScottJund said:

@Dehitay said:

tbh half this forum hates streamers for no real reason. People literally wish death upon streamers here, its disturbing.

I actually like streamers who don’t derank believe it or not , I know that’s hard to believe 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Brady said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Oh for sure! You can throw Tru3 in that batch too, along with Puppers and so on. They're all positive vibin' streamers :P

Oh yeah Tru3 and puppers. They're some pretty nice fellows too. I've watched Tru3 a lot not a lot of puppers though. I did watch one video of him in a shark costume though :p lol
  • ScottJund

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

@Dehitay said:

I actually like streamers who don’t derank believe it or not , I know that’s hard to believe 

do you legitimately believe there's a vast difference in player skill between purple ranks and red ranks?

• lyric
    ScottJund said:

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

@Dehitay said:

do you legitimately believe there's a vast difference in player skill between purple ranks and red ranks?

For some players you may be right about them having equal skill not playing as much but for the majority they are there for a reason, Don’t sit there and pretend like they’re all the same you know it’s a lie
  • ScottJund

so you think a rank 4 and a rank 5 are just totally different? like you actually believe this #########?

i can't speak for survivors, but the only reason to ever derank killer from red to purple would be to get faster queues. the games dont change. now red to green or brown is a different story

• lyric
    edited October 2018
    ScottJund said:

so you think a rank 4 and a rank 5 are just totally different? like you actually believe this #########?

i can't speak for survivors, but the only reason to ever derank killer from red to purple would be to get faster queues. the games dont change. now red to green or brown is a different story

Of course not from 4 to 5 that’s a dumb assumption we both know I’m talking about rank one play compared to the others and there is a difference even though I’ll agree some people don’t belong there, there is still a skill gap 
  • ScottJund

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

Of course not from 4 to 5 that’s a dumb assumption we both know I’m talking about rank one play compared to the others and there is a difference even though I’ll agree some people don’t belong there, there is still a skill gap 

Alright answer this then, you seem civil. Do you believe the sole reason I'd derank from say, 1 to 7 is too face weaker survivors?

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Abd why is it people only say streamers shesh (though i know panda is on youtube yay someone uses it lol) what i meant was though it would help to be morse spersifix like are they utubers or twitchers
  • lyric
    ScottJund said:

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

Alright answer this then, you seem civil. Do you believe the sole reason I'd derank from say, 1 to 7 is too face weaker survivors?

It may not be your intention but it turns out being that way and it proves it in the post that got closed where you claimed to feel bad when you stomp the noobs being at rank 10 when you get them instead of competent killers and sure that still happens at 1 every once in a while but it happens a whole lot more below the 4-5 range they just aren’t as serious or don’t really care anyway so the skill will be different than someone who actually wants to win along with less hours in usually, on PS4 the ques are fine even though the frame rate isn’t I can instantly get matches at rank 1 unless it’s late in the evening time with swf, I just don’t agree with supporting a streamer who would derank on their stream and condone it to their viewers when it’s a manipulation that keeps you at a rank you don’t belong for “FUN” , if you can’t see how this could hurt more than help this game I just don’t know what else to say.
  • ScottJund
    edited October 2018

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

@lyric said:

ScottJund said:

It may not be your intention but it turns out being that way and it proves it in the post that got closed where you claimed to feel bad when you stomp the noobs being at rank 10 when you get them instead of competent killers and sure that still happens at 1 every once in a while but it happens a whole lot more below the 4-5 range they just aren’t as serious or don’t really care anyway so the skill will be different than someone who actually wants to win along with less hours in usually, on PS4 the ques are fine even though the frame rate isn’t I can instantly get matches at rank 1 unless it’s late in the evening time with swf, I just don’t agree with supporting a streamer who would derank on their stream and condone it to their viewers when it’s a manipulation that keeps you at a rank you don’t belong for “FUN” , if you can’t see how this could hurt more than help this game I just don’t know what else to say.

Where did I ever condone it? I hate that I have to derank to find games in under 10 minutes, its extremely stupid. Granted I'm only dropping to like 7 or 8. I'm not even deranking there for "fun." I'm deranking to play the game AT ALL. My alternatives are wait 10 minutes (this is not an exaggeration on PC) between each game and bore the hell out of my stream, or play survivor and get instant queues. I don't like the situation I'm in either, dude.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    I'm not a great killer.  I definitely need to 'git gud' but I'm probably done playing killer for a while after the few games I played today.  P3 "rank 15"  survivors running circles around me @ rank 15 (after reset).

Rank doesn't matter in this game because it's too easy to rank and derank.  It should be a slow climb to rank up and no ranking down. You either pip or you don't, but you don't depip
  • RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

@lyric said:
    ScottJund said:

@lyric said:

ScottJund said:

I mean, they could just remove depipping all together. Yeah that means some people might get to the high ranks that don't belong there, but it would probably also help queue times. Especially for higher ranks. Plus noob stomping happens every month at rank reset anyway, especially with the way that someone at Rank 15 with 20 hours can be teamed with or against someone at Rank 15 with 1000 hours. Yeah some people smurf just to be ######### but PC queue times at high ranks are a mess most of the time, so if someone has to derank just to be able to play that's on the devs for not making a better matchmaking system.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Marvel said:
    First of all punishing streamers with high viewer numbers would hurt the player base. Dead by daylight is still growing in popularity and becoming bigger. I get what you mean but simply teabagging a player is not enough to ban someone. It's rude but not probably something you would ever get banned for (I imagine).

Also the devs are not responsible for who streams their games and what viewers they have. Dead by daylight has other issues than banning streamers for tea bagging or playing "toxic".

They are 100% responsible for those they support that stream. By giving their support to said streamer they are saying

1) Their behavior is not just fine but great
    2) Their actions and any abuse of gameplay is also great not just ok