Using trapper vs good teams

I dont understand the point of the trapper if you cant actually use the traps.....hes fun vs normal survivors but when you vs a decent team its like you can have traps in the weirdest covered in grass places and every single trap you set just goes off non stop. Their not even using any perks to help them. I dont get it.

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I like Trapper a lot when I actually get even matches against my noob killer, which is rare. When I get rank rank SWFs against my level 18 Trapper, meh, on to the next one. It's a risk I take playing Trapper. Not every killer is going to get a 4k in every game, and I'm not going to get upset about it.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

I dont even care about the kills. Its the fact they find every single trap no matter what. No matter where i put them. Basically has no power at all.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Throw in headsets and OoO and you got a M1 killer. I'm sure a lot of survivors actually believe that all killers should be like that. Completely at their mercy -.-

• UltraKill
    UltraKill Member Posts: 5

I'm finding that It sometimes can help to use a Bloodpoint farming build on a Killer or Survivor you have already LvL'd up to help upgrade your new characters past those initial early levels, I'm finding that it makes things more enjoyable when I first play a Killer or Survivor at Level 7-10 ish, then I usually equip that new character I'm playing with bloodpoint offerings I bought from their own Bloodweb, and then they quickly get even more levels in a few matches. The first LvL's come very fast on any character this way

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Use your traps offensively if you have someone following you. Use them to stop loops by placing them in the loop you're currently at, and place a trap in a predictable loop that you're about to engage in. Unless the trap popper is literally right behind you he won't have time to react and you'll be able to herd your target into it.

If I ever catch a whiff of someone that might be a trap popper in my game I'm running one of the ultra rares with my trapper bag. You're gonna regret it.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

you need to accept that you have to tunnel any and all OoO users that you go against if you play trapper

there are different kinds of traps you can set that combat different situations if you feel someone is watching you set traps that close strong loops and look for the guy and bring perks that let you take account of where every one is discordance popping while a hook save happens means you know exactly where everyone is and know if someone is watching you.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Trapper is fun at all ranks. Be crazy and unpredictable and the match can turn on a dime

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah I've been there too. I just stop using them. I know it makes him a lot weaker but there's nothing you can do if it's a full SWF. It just wastes time to set traps they will avoid or disarm.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

He's trash against SWF, but then again he's pretty trash in general so there is that. Ruin/Undying was a big nerf to him since now tons of red/purple lobbies have rainbow maps in them.

I don't see too much reason to play him over hag unless you are using some really good add-ons, and even then you could just be playing hag with really good add-ons instead.

I mainly use him to camp the basement since that's his greatest strength.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

U need to try new AutoHeaven map, there is no way to be unpredictable with barely any grass and the ground is too bright

I find the biggest problems of Trapper isnt just an OoO player will ruin your game. But can ruin high cost add-on investment. 11k BP on Purple traps & Green darken trap become useless with a single perk that can put in loadout for free.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Don't prove in any post how entitled killer you're.

That is not the point of this thread. Give this man some advice instead.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Are you from europe? Cause I noticed a huge amounts of cheaters but since I started using VPN yesterday to play on american servers I found the game more enjoyable! everyone was super nice to me, even when facing full premade rank 1's and losing the game its still fun! They even gave me a good advice on my perks.Makes playing trapper fun again.

But in all honesty it's so nice playing a legit game I dont know why but european servers are infested with cheaters that even with proof dont get banned at least a year later.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

It's a shame that Trapper can only take one real addon, because being able to take the Spring addons could make sabotaging traps take enough time to catch survivors in the act. I don't know why BHVR hasn't updated Trapper after all of these years despite literally everyone complaining that he is unplayable without Bag addons.

You really need to work harder than the survivors while playing Trapper versus anyone with any amount of sense in them. You've got to change up your trap placement enough to catch them unaware, while still covering all the important loops (paradoxically, the survivors will always look to nullify your power where you need it most, like on big loops).

You can use your traps to block off dropped pallets. Other than that, you're going to lose gens, you're going to lose the traps you gave up gens to set, and eventually regress to being an M1 Killer. Trapper is unreliable.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Using bag add ons is the best cause u can place traps all around a place and lead survivors into it during chase :D its also really fun carrying someone on last hook to same location and seeing everyone get trapped trying to take hits xD

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

My point is that using Trapper without bag addons is so miserable and weak that taking one is borderline mandatory. Leaving only one slot for his "real" addons.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,232

Reality is, Trapper isn't going to have time to use his power against a super efficient survivor team. Same with Hag to a degree. Gens can be done in 5 minutes or less by high level survivors even with Corrupt/Ruin/Undying at the same time. Not a lot of time for set up for a killer.

• Gore_Nargai
    Gore_Nargai Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2020

Trapper it's a control killer, but in my opinion he's really addon dependent when u are playing against skilled players in red ranks.

Place your traps in a area and make survivor go to that area, most of the time if you play your cards well you'll win with 1 or 2 gens left, forget about gens that are too far away and focus on the ones closer together and set your traps to control that whole area, being unpredictable is one of the best things that u can do.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

If you realize you're up against a very good team, change tactics. Get your traps, set up a 3 gen as fast as you can. When there is two gens left they will realize what's going on and they will have to break the 3 gen. If you're lucky you and they didn't scout you may be able to snowball from there.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Im a very good killer im a pig main but have decided to go through all the killers and play them for awhile. I'm using trapper at the moment. My only issue is when You vs a have decent team your traps are useless. I have traps set up across the map in all sorts of places and literally somebody just finds them and deactivates every single one with no perks or anything to help them. Its real enjoyable playing trapper and the survivors are walking on egg shells trying to avoid traps. But having somebody know exactly where every single one is is just dumb.