Apparently Bloodlust is getting disabled temporarily for this weekend?

124»

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

If I might bend your ear on this. I've made threads a few times that just kind of fade away: Why is the PTB held as a beta branch of the live game instead of having its own library entry?

For me personally, I completely ignore the PTB because it disables my ability to play the live game without redownloading it, and then doing the same to play the PTB. It's a really big PITA to actually participate. A separate library entry would require far less downloading from the end-user, and keep the live game completely active and playable, it would be so much more painless than a beta branch.

• DeadBobDaylight
    DeadBobDaylight Member Posts: 21

Regardless of the results, I feel like experiments like this are super healthy for the game. Change one thing at a time, test, change it back, retest.

This is good.

• firedagodc
    firedagodc Member Posts: 26

This is terrible for new killers and all killers. The slower killers like hag, clown and Michael will be unusable alot of us will switch to survivor and become reds over the weekend those of us who were purple ranks. If you're not skilled with blight, nurse or spirit with her add ons or Billy you'll never catch survivors, especially if they have sprint burst, lithe or balanced landing. Survivor mains already have it too easy this is the nail in the coffin. 12 as a killer ranked 7 as a survivor. Why? Because it's easy.

• TecmagDiams
    TecmagDiams Member Posts: 15

Using your live branch for data gathering experiments is kinda gross. I'd be willing to give a pass if they had different queue from their main competitive mode to do so on bit they don't.

In a game built around blood point grinding to get add-ons, items, etc to play the way you want I'm not wasting those killer add-ons and thus my grind time so they can run a data gathering test.

• Reptile
    Reptile Member Posts: 24

Just found this more active thread.... Just don't play Killer? For the first time I"m actually trying to hit R1 Killer (I"m new ish). I have enough trouble trying to progress with all the SWF out there.. that is what it is.. but making it even harder to break those loops.. I don't need the extra de-pips thanks.... Bad enough I can't change killers when I see certain item builds... even though I believe they stopped the ranking specific to killers? Just gona make survivor waits even longer if you keep spitting on killers.... Guess I'll work on survivor rank this weekend... Meh...

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited November 2020

The problem I have with this if it does go live is they say they have made it easier to catch up with the looping changes. They did however add some breakable walls that, if not broken, create god loops meaning the killer has to spend precious seconds breaking them. I do understand some of these walls work in the killers favour though.

Also some slower killers need this mechanic, the huntress can be looped for quite a while around cars and obstacles by good survivors. Yes, she has hatchets but the better survivors know the best time and place to duck these and be safe.

With gen speeds being as fast as they are and that being the only real objective, not counting being able to 99 the gates, losing bloodlust will really hurt most of the killers.

The devs are starting to kill this game with their decisions. I really do enjoy it and would like Dead by Daylight to be in a healthy state but the way it is going I will give it a year at maximum.

The survivor mains may love the idea now but if no bloodlust goes fully live there will be an exceptional increase with camping, tunneling, noed and moris.

I honestly think if it does go live all killers should go on strike for a month to show the devs we are getting sick of all the nerfs. They won't listen until we hit them in their wallets and they see the player count drop to an all time low and the game becomes dangerously close to be forced to stop development.

They see killers as a joke now and we have to show them we are sick of their attitude towards us, seeing nerf after nerf, in order to save the game.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

I don't see why--

Killers already have little to nothing; now you want to take something important away as a "test"?

It's just ridiculous, it sounds like they're running out of ideas to me.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

So survs must give killers easy kills so they don't campe/tunnel/mori?

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

They are not easy kills, there are still loops to get to and survivors can still hold w against m1 killers. Bloodlust is just a way to catch up and not lose too much distance.

• UGWRayne
    UGWRayne Member Posts: 15
  • DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

Bloodlust wouldn't help you at cow tree. I've never, ever, had to bloodlust anyone there. If you need bloodlust you are a bad killer. Simple as that. BHVR knows what they are doing and your comment shows that you don't. I watch the devs play their game all the time.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2020

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity just came out today...

... think I'll be doing something else with my weekend other than losing chases around god loops. Good luck with your test!

• RandDBD
    RandDBD Member Posts: 93

Killers already lose games because they can't catch survivors or kill 3 in a game. Survivors don't need to be more powerful than the killer. There are 4 survivors and only one guy chasing them with 7 generators spread around the map.

Survivors have to understand that yes, they are 80% of the playerbase but the killers have to have fun too, take the fun away from playing killer and all you got is 4 people bullying a guy and then going to these forums to say "yeah, screw you for playing killer"

As a survivor you cannot be able to outrun the killer, you cannot be able to 1v1 the killer, you cannot be able to finish all gens by yourself

As a killer you have to be able to outrun survivors and down multiple survivors at once and take on the 4 squad by yourself

The only thing survivors and killers can do is outsmart each other and the shack is already a really difficult loop that's really easy to master as a survivor

So survivors must be able to 1v1 the killer?

What's next? Throw rocks and bring a gun to shoot the killer too? What is this? Friday the 13th?

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

This might come as a surprise, if you're THAT miserable because you're losing out on a bandaid of a mechanic like bloodlust for three days max, maybe you should learn how to play without it. You'd be a lot less miserable if you did, but nobody wants to actually improve their abilities, they want to rely on crutches until they're ripped out from underneath their feet so they can cry about how unfair it is to actually have to play the game the way it was intended. Brute forcing through a chase with bloodlust is not that way.

It's a test, they explicitly stated nothing is set in stone and the ones threatening to quit playing over a three day test are the ones that stand to lose the most by not showing the devs they need it, but you know what? Good riddance. Those kind of people can take bloodlust with them when they go for all I care.

Bloodlust was never meant to stay in the game indefinitely, it was a bandaid for poor map design that should've never been added. Same goes for the old infinites, it made survivors who relied on them unable to cope without them and now they're gone and survivors had to adapt and cope. It's the same for bloodlust and hopefully the same goes for bloodlust.