We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Can anyone access their DLC on PS5?

Nicholas
Nicholas Member Posts: 1,949

I have everything on PS4 and followed the upgrade steps to acquire the digital PS5 copy of the game. however none of my DLCs have carried over. They don't have a lock on them, they are just grayed out and I can't select any of them. I've already tried restoring licenses but there's nothing else to do. Is this a known issue or am I missing a step?

Comments

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

@TheClownIsKing would you be kind enough to help this person or offer advice... sorry to tag you just thought you might be able to help.

Good luck getting the support you need if The Clown can't help you 🐷💖

• maxdefcon
    maxdefcon Member Posts: 54

What steps did you follow? I connected PS5 and downloaded the PS5 version of the game. All of my items were there and unlocked.

• Nicholas

Thanks

When you go to the promotion section, and click free PS5 upgrade available. I followed that process and downloaded the PS5 version. I didn't see any option about the DLC. either way I also believe Freddy is missing entirely, can you see him? I don't even see trophies for him on PS5.

• Snickercracks
    Snickercracks Member Posts: 5

I'm having the same issue!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Hmm sorry, I didn’t have this problem at all. If restoring licenses didn’t help, I’m not sure what’s wrong.

Try highlighting the game icon in your main game hub, pushing “options” on your controller, and check that it’s absolutely definitely the PS5 version and not the PS4 version.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,849

I'm not exactly sure what is happening here...did you have the PS4 disc version or any special versions etc? As much information as you can supply will be helpful to try to figure out what's happening.

• Snickercracks
    Snickercracks Member Posts: 5

Hey Nic I did! I had thought the game was fully downloaded, but in actuality it still had quite a bit to go. So by deleting and reinstalling 3 times I was prolonging the issue. TheClownIsKing pointed out the error of my ways. :)

• Nicholas

Yes I made sure, it says PS5.

Sure, it is the PS4 download version. I properly upgraded it to the PS5 download version. The game recognizes that I own the DLC characters, but they are simply grayed out without the lock. I also verified that the account is the primary activation on the PS5. The same issue persists on my secondary users.

Oh that's good. I wonder if I should reinstall

• shae_wise
    shae_wise Member Posts: 2

My dlc content from my ps4 disc is not available on ps5 upgrade nor is my purchased kate, but my ghostface is. Will i have to repurchase everything in the ps5 free upgrade?

• Nicholas

I figured out what's going on with some testing. I have verified this with two other friends. All of the DLC* you have purchased on a specific account, will have access to that content. However if you play on another account, even if the purchasing account is marked as the primary console, it doesn't recognize the DLC and thus you won't have access to that content. This is only a problem with this game, because we got other games that properly shares the DLC on all accounts on that console.

• Zevahc
    Zevahc Member Posts: 2

I´m having the same problem, i have my ps5 which i migrated the saved data from my ps4, this ps5 has the same accounts as the ps4 (one has plus membership, the other not) after doing some "testing" the plus account has all my dlc in both versions of the game (ps5 and ps4) but the other account has only the same dlc as the premium one only in the ps4 version of the game, don´t know what is this happening, and apparently of all my games, it is only happening with Dbd, all other of my games with dlc bought with the premium account are accesible with the other account, is it possible for this to be a bug or something?

• Dabeleth
    Dabeleth Member Posts: 11

Same problem here the thing is when I go and open te ps4 version the dlcs are there, the problem is when I try use Ps5 version. What a mess

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

I have this problem now on my xbox one. I have all the dlcs on my main account but if i switch to my secondary account i only have 1 dlc thats available.

Stupid how all the content is account locked or some #########. If i buy the dlcs they should work on all my accounts for said console.

• Nicholas

can we get some official information about this? Are you looking into it? What's going on? I cannot access all of my paid DLC on PS5. This is a big problem. The characters I play are all paid characters, so I'm missing out on my killers and survivors. I'll just repeat that, I cannot access my paid content on PS5. Huge problem needs a resolution ASAP.

@Peanits @not_Queen thanks

• PettyBetty
    PettyBetty Member Posts: 1

@Nicholas hey, I’m having the same exact issue with my PS5 upgrade. I only have some of the DLC and missing about 3 survivors although I should have all. We need a fix!

• Nicholas

It's been way too long without any official acknowledgment afaik. I don't blame the community managers, but the pipeline for public acknowledgment of an issue needs to be accelerated. They should be leading from the front not from behind, and I feel like there's too much of a gap from when an issue is identified to when they announce that they are aware of it and working on it.

• B_Swims08232004
    B_Swims08232004 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2020

i'm gonna wait till bvhr puts cross-data for ps4 and 5 not sure if i'd actually be able to get the ps5 itself

• skyvaq
    skyvaq Member Posts: 14

I have the same problem. My Felix and Blight are grayed out.

• PsychoQuinn
    PsychoQuinn Member Posts: 3

I have the same problem. I have the DBD in disk version and it gave me the right to update for free to PS5. I have an account that I use only for purchases and play on my main account, it was always like this on PS4 but on PS5 only on DBD I can't access the DLC I bought, the other games are working normally and I've already checked and all the accounts I use are as main on the console.

• Nicholas

Silence from devs is also another case of poor communication and management. The only way to get even a tepid reply is by building a massive thread. I can't access paid content.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,458

Freddy is not on PS5 as of right now, Quinten isn't either. I had them both on PS4 and don't have them. I think it's a license issue they need to work out.

I've already talked to Mandy about it. so now all we can do is wait :)

• Nicholas

Yeah because of the licensing issues with his DLC, he will launch with the Chapter update next month. However all of the other DLCs work on PS5, but currently only accessible on the purchasing account and not other accounts on the same console. Even when you activate as the primary. Afaik, it is an issue exclusive to DBD. And glad to hear, but how or where did you talk?

• Nicholas

That's good, it would be nice to get an official comment on the forums.

• Nicholas

I hope this is resolved tomorrow! I would like to access all of my paid DLCs on PS5.

• Nicholas
    edited December 2020

I did notice something today. I own everything except TBOK and in the PS5 Store, it doesn't allow me to purchase the PS5 versions of my paid DLC, they are listed as Unavailable versus Purchased as with other upgraded content. It says I already own another version so the products conflict. However it does allow me to buy The Nightmare DLC again for USD $7.99 on PS5 despite owning the PS4 version. Perhaps the store entitlements need to be updated to allow owners of the paid PS4 DLCs to be able to purchase the PS5 versions for free or upgrade it. Not sure if that's the problem.

Post edited by Nicholas on
  • Zevahc
    Zevahc Member Posts: 2

I confirm this, when i enter the store, the content that i have already bought appear with Unavailable status, I honestly don´t know what could be the issue as to why the PS4 version of the game in the PS5 recognizes my DLC in all my accounts but the PS5 version of the game doesn´t, honestly is pretty weird, hope it gets fixed soon

• Nicholas

I figured it out, and was able to test it with someone else. It's really complicated to explain but basically for some reason the PlayStation store recognizes that because we own the PS4 version of the DLCs it precludes purchasing the PS5 versions. The problem is that it's not allowing us to acquire the PS5 version of the entitlement. This can be done automatically via the system or requiring us to purchase the DLCs at no cost. I submitted everything to the staff and they told me they're going to forward it. hopefully this will be fixed within the coming days because it's extremely inconvenient not being able to access paid content.

• juanitopower07
    juanitopower07 Member Posts: 18

Hey Man, exactly my situation, two differents account one owns the game the other owns the Dlc but on the ps4 that was no problem, on this one the license is locked by the purchase regardless of who else is using that console! Did you find a solution?

• Nicholas

The devs will need to do one of two things. Lift the purchase restriction and price the PS5 versions of DLCs that you own on PS4 as $0 so we can rebuy the PS5 entitlement at no cost. Or automatically grant the PS5 entitlements based on which PS4 entitlements we own. Unfortunately both solutions require the devs to work with Sony. The good news is that this can be achieved quickly, per another dev that ran into this issue a few months ago with PS3 and PS4 entitlements. It took them three days to correct the entitlement issue with Sony.

• juanitopower07

Have you talked to them about it?

I just opened a discussion under the name ps5 licenses locked. Because it is a big deal and hopefully it's fix soon...

Thanks for the Reply!

• Nicholas

Yes I sent the specific details directly to Mandy who has sent them over to the dev team. I hope they fix this asap. All of my P3 and perks are locked behind paid DLCs.

• Nicholas

Few days shy of a month and this is still an ongoing issue.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Is there any way to raise a ticket with Sony? If the store offers products that you have bought but can't be accessed and can't be bought because you apparently have them, they might be able to convince BHVR that this should be expedited.

• Nicholas

I do have a case open with PlayStation support. However they're probably going to say I have to contact the publisher because they are the ones who deal with the licensing issues. Another developer had something similar happen and when they discovered the bug they resolved it within 48 hours.

• juanitopower07

The issue is that not a lot of people, compared to other complaints, have this issue right now... Not lots of next Gen console share complaints so far, however when more people get new consoles and realize this, then It'll be fixed. I haven't played cuz I'm bummed AF though, And I was so excited for DBD on ps5... :-(

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Yes unfortunately in my country. People either have zero PS5s, or 3500 PS5s.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Wait, this is still an issue??

Question though, do you recover your characters leveled up or do you have to start over?

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020

I didn't have that problem myself, but I've seen others bring it up. What I did was accidentally install the ps4 version originally on ps5, before I realized I needed to acccept and then installa different version since I assumed it was just gonna use higher settings by default on the same version kind of like tweaking your settings with a game on pc. I immediately befor eplaying any games, even astro I think, downloaded all of my save data from the cloud including for the ps4 dbd. I believe starting up dbd on the ps4 versionw ith that data may have something to do with my not running into the problem you and some others had on the ps5 version once I installed it. It probably isn't related, but it could be though and is worth looking into.

you could install the ps4 version side by side with it, and then load up the ps4 version on ps5 and see if you have access tot hose dlcs there to help give them info that might narrow it down for them. also there is in the ps5 UI a setting somewhere, I think related to your profile but maybe in the game and apps ection, that restores game licenses and another to sync your console's data (like for trophies) and maybe use both of those and then restart the ps5 and see if it works. dlc issues I think a few people fixed that way in other games on ps5 when they weren't able to download some dlcs

• Nicholas

Yeah I knew that was going to be an issue, the population being much smaller. However typically at least in other gaming communities, the players band together to support it. when I'm personally not affected by a problem in a game, I still post a reply and upvote to help the topic gain traction.

• Nicholas

Yes still an issue, but everything is stored on the servers so you don't lose anything or have to level up. I just temporarily don't have access to my paid characters.

• Nicholas

That's not the issue because the save data is stored on the servers. However I'm wondering if it's a region issue, which region is your account in? The console and offline sharing option is what you're referring to and I've already activated that. I've identified the issue in an earlier post in this topic if you want to go back to read it. It has to do with the entitlements on PS5. It seems to be fine if you play the game on the purchasing account, but it's an issue if you don't.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited December 2020

try the options in the console UI to restore your licenses and then the one to sync your game data and restart the ps5. other games where people had trouble downloading dlc on ps5 claimed it helped some of them. It might help some people with this game too if it's an issue with being granted access to the dlc and not the actual account progress itself.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited December 2020

oh yeah I'm not sure if they family share dlc, I never tried that on steam on the pc version to really know for sure. I guess I misunderstood and it sounded like a different kind of problem I read about with other games

• Nicholas
    edited December 2020

it's not a license issue, it's an entitlement issue. That's a store-related issue and the only ones that can resolve that is Sony and the publisher. Syncing game data only works for games exclusively stored locally, like most single player campaign games. That feature is for saves stored on PlayStation Plus. Always online games like Destiny, Overwatch and Dead by Daylight are stored on the servers. However thank you for your suggestions, it is helpful for other games.

• AndalusianDog
    AndalusianDog Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Hello. Same problem here.

Still no fix? Any news from Sony?

• Nicholas

Well the same thing happened with another game and they got it fixed within 5 hours. A month later and there's still no resolution is amazing to me. This isn't a tiny issue, people can't access the content they paid for! tomorrow I'm going to contact Sony's customer support team and just request a refund of all of my DLC purchases. This is simply taking too long and there's no timeline. The fix has to be initiated by the publisher, according to Sony. So the best thing at this point might be just to start requesting refunds, since you can't access content you paid for.

• Nicholas

Great news everybody, it's been fixed! Make sure you have the PS5 version of the game installed and click the three dots to the right of the play button, and then scroll down to add-ons. All of the add-on should now say free, assuming you already own the PS4 version. All you have to do is click Add to Library.

The only ones still not working is Charity Case, Demise of the Faithful and Head Vase. These are the final DLCs that need to be fixed.