We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone actually dislike playing against blight

I see people talking about they’ve heard others talking about hating blight and he’s busted. But for some reason haven’t seen any hate for blight myself. Is everyone just fine with him?

Comments

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

you have to have skill to use him

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

Yeah, I really don't like facing him. A lot of the time they play exactly the same; ######### up their power and spend too long on a chase but get a tinkerer proc and zoom away. And when you find a Blight that knows exactly what they're doing at every single tile it's also pretty unfun because there's just... not much you can do.

Plus, old Compound 21 really pissed me off. I'm glad they nerfed it to make stealth vs him more viable.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I don't like facing him much as I consider him M1 killer who runs fast for more M1 chases. Yes he can sometimes use his power in chases but it's imao very map dependant, I find it a boring power.

Still there are other killers who I dislike far more (hag, trapper) so I'd take him insted of those any time.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,814

My experience going against Blight is that he's map dependent. So, if you get him in the lower level of the meat plant, where he can pinball straight toward you and you can't get out of the way, it's certain death. If you get him on a corn map, you just run to an open field and that's the end of the chase.

So, I don't mind, overall, though it's more oppressive on some maps than others.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

BounciBoi is best boi.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020

I think most experienced survivors quite enjoy playing against him. He's very powerful in the right hands but he has clear counterplay. He feels fair. I don't feel cheated if the Blight does some insane play.

Imo hes the best designed killer since Oni, last few pre-Blight killers left a bad taste in my mouth. Powerful but fair.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I really don't have enough experience against Blight, but if I was to fit an opinion about him, I hate him due to the fact that I

- I get dumb teammates that farm

- I get a soft camping Blight

This is my temporary Blight opinion, I'm sure it'll change once I get more expirence vs Blight

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Blight is like Nurse, but nobody knows how to play her.

Apparently if the killer is strong, but nobody knows how to play him, it's fine.

Honestly I like this, this killer is maybe second or even just the best killer to use against SWFs because how much lethality and pressure he has with right addons.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

No. But I'm on console so he's about as dangerous as the nurse 😆

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    edited November 2020

Honestly, Blight is a lot like Nurse.

They both have high skill ceilings, and have neat little tricks that make their game so much easier to manage.

Out the gate, people hated Blight because they thought he was gonna be on par with Clown.

A month later, everyone's turned tail, because his ability to traverse maps is perhaps greater than even Hillbilly, and he can pull some crazy bounces nobody expects, because not even Blight knows which way he's going half the time.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Nah, I really like Blight. I think he's great fun, to play and go against. When I see a good one, I don't feel screwed over I feel impressed.

And going up against a bad one (like me) is hilarious.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Frankly, that's pretty much how it goes, yeah.

Blight's power is so... Unpredictable that you can't really be mad when one takes you on a one-eay trip to Pain Town. Plus, his aesthetic is consistently Halloween-flavored in theme with the Hallowed Blight events.

How can you be mad at someone who's permanently festive?

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

I like to face whoever playes him! I find it very challenging but fun at the same time.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I don't enjoy Blight because most of them run the same build. Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, BBQ.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

yes. me. this survivor right here.

Blight and Oni can go stuff themselves in a sock with their animations and rigging that feel so wrong (when comparing with the killers that don't use it).

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I think Blight's power is fun to play around.

But I also dislike how Blight almost always has the killer wombo-combo active (it's not even Ruin/Undying that bothers me, I just really hate the Ruin + Tinkerer Synergy).

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,058

One thing that can sometimes piss me off is his ~180° lethal rush hitbox, but that's about it, he's a great Killer with decent counterplay, his power cannot carry bad players to victory, but good players will demolish teams in a blink of an eye, and I think that's great.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Since I don't see him much, no I think facing every killer is a treat except Spirit, or Freddy

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I wouldn't know, I've gone against him once and the player couldn't control him at all so it was just a gen simulator match

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,775

No I'm not really a fan. For the same reason I'm not a fan of Oni or Billy. They get some absolutely ridiculous hits around corners. Now I'm not saying they're OP and I'm sure many of the hits are affected by latency so they look worse on my end, but sometimes it just looks absurd and I end up frustrated.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

I'm on ps4 with crossplay off so don't see many Blights. It's not that I hate him, I just feel like I'm bullying the killer whenever it's a Blight and I feel bad. Only time I'm not feeling like a bully is when they're farming.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

Unless Blight is using their mobility to tunnel, I dont mind at all facing against them.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

On PS4 with crossplay on, I find him very exciting to face. It's unfortunate not many players know how to use his power. I have come across maybe 2 Blights out of 10 that were REALLY good. Shame he disappears into the "non-meta" killer list to collect dust just like any other killer that the community doesn't see as Spirit/Freddy/Nurse tier.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Heh, little did you know I only get to play against Deathslinger and Ghostface! GG EZ

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I play on PS4. Blights I face are either terrible or incredibly strong. There is no in-between. I, for one, can’t control him for the life of me.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Um my orange disgraced chemist husband is perfect, he bounces from tree to tree to ensure I am dead and by golly I'll go down!! Seriously though, when I hear that music, I get so excited because I know it's gonna be a crazy fun match. I love his perks, and his play style is really fun to counter!!

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Yes because he is the most abused killer atm (especially by those russian nolifers) and you always get hit around everything although nothing should hit you at all.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Honestly, never played against a single Blight even on the day of his release and I thought that would've been the biggest chance to face him. I don't like playing as him though.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,189

Na he's pretty boring tbh, it's either you're looping him and he can't do anything, or you're in an uncounterable situation and gets a free hit.

Not an issue though.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Blight is VERY fun to play against. It feels like I'm playing against an old Billy with double engravings, but instead small mistakes will cost me 1 health state instead of both. Against a good blight it's very tricky to learn where to move so he can't immediately whack you in his rush but that's part of the fun. And you don't feel cheated or like there wasn't anything you could do, it's entirely your fault. As long as you're aware of his hitbox jank anyway, I'd rather they allow him to move his camera more and then decrease the size of his hitbox just to make it look a little better.

Really don't like ruin+undying+tinkerer though. If people say that they hate Blight it's likely because of this build and it's pretty dumb on him.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    edited November 2020

He's the easiest killer to loop honestly... I dont get why anyone would get mad at him.

• B_Swims08232004
    B_Swims08232004 Member Posts: 12

i really like facing blight BUT i LIKE facing semi try hard blight players