Three things about the chapter 18 changes that infuriate me...

Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

1) "After the equivalent of two survivors working together to finish a gen, we'll be gracious enough to let you have Victor back." Oh, how INCREDIBLY kind of you, devs! That addresses EVERY SINGLE ISSUE we had with survivors taking Victor hostage and turning Charlotte into a M1 killer! (Sarcasm)

2) you actually found a way to make Coup De Grace worse then it was. I’m not even mad, that’s just downright impressive.

3) the locker counter wont be ready at release. So, if it’s not ready yet, it needs more time, and without that counter the Twins will be the undisputed weakest killer in the game from the get go, then why do you still plan to release the chapter on schedule? Why not push it back?? This is literally selling an unfinished product.

Mini rant over. Carry on

Post edited by Sandt21 on

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

In fairness, as part of the publishers financial projections, and to meet shareholder expectations, release dates for content would have been set at the beginning of the financial year. There would be a little wiggle room, but not a substantial deviation from an intended date.

With that in mind, this is the first time the devs have had to do MORE than a simple tweak of numbers to meet the needs of balance for a chapter. Usually even if a chapter/content release needed to be delayed because of this, it wouldn’t be long because of the simple change of numbers. I.e. nothing that would upset shareholders, and completely screw with financial year projections.

This is the first time ever they’ve had to complete put in a new mechanic and new animations to address a big balance issue. The time required to do this AND delay the release UNTIL it’s ready would have likely exceeded the permissions given by the publisher and the shareholders.

Sorry, but they still have to run a business.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Did they post changes they are making to the new killer somewhere?

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

I heard this is private company no shareholders and some shadow investor into mobile games. Thats why mobile version is much better than normal version.. But if anyone has better info ....

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734
    edited November 2020

no. Blaming "muh animations" is why billy's camera is STILL broken after all these months. Its why Blight's belt buckle functions as his eyes. If animations are constantly the problem, then the product is not ready for release, especially when the track record of fixing things post release is factually abysmal. You are correct in regards to release dates, but you are not correct in regards that the consumer should be ok with this. The game industry is notorious for the horrendous conditions it puts its development teams through to fix less egregious mistakes. And while those conditions are inexcusible, calling the "we'll fix it at some indeterminate time in the future" approach while not even addressing all of the issues, only one is also inexcusable. Give us a date, say one month from now. Have some form of accountability for a massive mistake before tricking people into buying useless content. They're nerfing one of the twins perks, even though its one of the worst in the game ffs. Charging money for this content in its current state is. not. ok.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I didn’t say the consumer should be ok.

I’m just pointing out why logically a delay in release wouldn’t be financially acceptable.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

"The All Mighty Dollar" should never be a defense for a defective product. Companies go bankrupt for less.

• Sandt21

Regardless of the reason, the Devs are willingly and openly pushing out an unfinished product and asking us to pay for it. Each prior time something like this happened, it was debatable whether it was unfinished, but not this time. They are openly saying that the product they will be selling is not finished and ready to play in game, yet will still be put into the game as is.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I'd even go as far as saying this this is gross and disgusting

• Sandt21

This chapter could really hurt them financially. If that locker counter isn't included in some way for launch, even with placeholder animations or sounds, then this killer will be practically unplayable. And I doubt many people would spend money on an unplayable killer.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

The locker counter thing being somehow unexpected blows my mind. The fact that they didn't factor that in during the initial design just amazes me. Who is making these balance decisions? People figured that out in 30 minutes on the PTB.