The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Window vault

Is there a bug or something? I'm really TIRED of getting a hit because I'm running and it vaults slowly like it doesn't care I'm running

is this a new bug?

Comments

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

No it is an intended change. This is from the Patch notes:
    "Adjusted the speed thresholds to hit a running vault (fast vault). They should now be more consistent. To hit a running vault, make sure to run straight at the window with at least 2.5 meters of clearance."

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Yeah it's weird in some cases for me either.
    I completely understand, killers should be buffed, but running straight 2,5 seconds in a line is too ######### up.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    mcNuggets said:

I completely understand, killers should be buffed, but running straight 2,5 seconds in a line is too ######### up.

You know 2.5 meters ain't 2.5 seconds right?
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@mcNuggets said:

Is your opinion.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

It's annoying as hell ain't it? Think I'll take a break from the game once I've done the Halloween event stuff when it drops, new patch makes playing Survivor feel too tedious for my liking.

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

Just need to adjust how you run jungle gyms, some times taking a hit for the momentum to get somewhere else can extend the chase longer than going for the "hope I make it" vault.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Sel said:

It's annoying as hell ain't it? Think I'll take a break from the game once I've done the Halloween event stuff when it drops, new patch makes playing Survivor feel too tedious for my liking.

Yeah almost as tedious as killer :^)
    No wait, isnt even close 8)
  • nemeios
    nemeios Member Posts: 36

I'm 100% into killer buffs, I really think survivor is the 'easy' mode on this game

but I think is not the way.

Remove pallet loop with bad collisions.

but this is just making unexpected vaults making some chases frustating, I don't like this because seems now quite random because I've been running for like 10 seconds and still I've made a slow vault, if they fix this to work fine I may change my opinion, now I think this is something random and undesirable.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@nemeios if in the past you were getting fast vaults from an angle, that was a bug, as you never should have gotten them. There were cases when someone would hit a window or pallet at 90 degrees and they would get a medium vault. This fix was designed to fix both issues, and it appears that it has.

• nemeios
    nemeios Member Posts: 36

@Kaelum said:
    @nemeios if in the past you were getting fast vaults from an angle, that was a bug, as you never should have gotten them. There were cases when someone would hit a window or pallet at 90 degrees and they would get a medium vault. This fix was designed to fix both issues, and it appears that it has.

Oh, seems I get used to that bug because yes, I'm speaking abot 90 degress windows, so now some windows you can't do a fast vault (because there is no way to run on straight line for 2.5 meters)

well, time to get used to this.

Thanks for the clear explanation

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    You can hide though. Much better than looping. Not always possible, I know, but more reliable.
    I hope the next chapter comes with some creative stealth perks.
  • mcNuggets

@Sel said:

Nah, survivor is fine.
    Just the window vaults are weird.

You still don't have to fear any killer and can gen rush the ######### outta the killer.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited October 2018

I read a Reddit post by one of developers, as they responded to some one who mentioned they encountered this new Slo-Mo vaulting glitch that can occur. The developer asked for the Perks, Add-Ons and items of the players. They confirmed that there is a bug when it comes to using SC and a Med-Kit that can cause Slo-Mo.

I don't remember what Reddit thread it was in, but I read it like yesterday. Sorry I don't have it.

If this is not what you are talking about then I dunno.

Edit: Ninja'd by a Dev. Rip.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@mcNuggets said:

You run a lot faster than 1 m/s

• mcNuggets

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@mcNuggets said:

I am not defending the adjustment, it's just strange to me even when running straight for a time, I still sometimes don't get the fast vault.
    It's better than before for sure, but a little bit too restricting at least, you cannot really ######### over the killer with waiting at the shack window.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I haven't had too much trouble. I was fast vaulting through Lery's last night like a boss.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@mcNuggets said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@mcNuggets said:

I am not defending the adjustment, it's just strange to me even when running straight for a time, I still sometimes don't get the fast vault.
    It's better than before for sure, but a little bit too restricting at least, you cannot really [BAD WORD] over the killer with waiting at the shack window.

But now you have to run straight for a short time in order to the fast vault.
    You just wont be able to 360 into a fast vault now which was possible with the system before in order to get fast vaults at those special infinite positions.