Bloodlust Disabled? Not Playing Then

Comments

• macattack0037
    macattack0037 Member Posts: 1

I play killer and survivor pretty equal split. I'm interested to see if I notice a difference in either side. You really going to not play because of it? You win some you lose some like always. Just a game, shouldn't be "stressful" either way.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Spoken like someone who has literally never used the perk.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

Here's the numbers straight from the wiki. A 115 Killer movespeed is 4.6, so with bloodlust 3 you get to 5.2.

5.2 / 4.6 = 1.13 or a 13% increase so it's actually LESS than play with your food, which is 15% at full stacks. I assumed it was 5% per stack since that's what I heard at some point and that's what it felt like ingame anyways.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207492/avoiding-stress-as-killer-this-weekend#latest . It shouldn't be the Killer's job to make the game fun for Survivors. The game should be fun for killer's too. There's literally 0 incentive to play this weekend as Killer.

• TheButcher

I literally provided the links in my post. PWYF is only 5% at full stacks. It goes from 3%/4%/5%.

5% is only +0.2 on base Killers.

Bloodlust doesn't go up in percents. Period. It's +0.2/+0.4/+0.6.

Meaning max PWYF is only 1 phase of Bloodlust. If you get a 45 second chase. Then you are moving triple the speed you could get from PWYF.

Dude you are embaressing yourself at this point.

• DaKnight

You have never used the perk. That is very clear.

"Every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens.

Each Token increases your Movement speed by 3/4/5 %."

Hmmm, what's three tokens times 5%? You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

My motivation to play has been pretty low for a while. This made me realize i literally can't justify it. I think I'll finish Doom Eternal instead.

• TheButcher
    edited November 2020

Let's just add more then - can't take pop, bbq/thrilling, or brut for your build. So can't find survivors, can't stop gen speed, can't damage gen's quickly, can't break pallets quickly. Just to barely move faster - when you could just use Bloodlust instead.

I don't need to use 3 perks to know the build is garbage, and you're the one who has no idea what they are talking about. Get lost. Go watch another Tru3 video

(if you didn't know he was the one who made the whole Nemisis/PWYF combo popular, but stopped using it because he learned it doesn't work as well as he thought. Youtubers like to keep making videos with it though, because it looks cool. You seriously already dug yourself a hole you can't get out of).

And the same time, responding to you, and first hand getting to deal with that entitlement and lack of knowledge I had talked about previous - again - first hand. Just made me, and from what I can see many other Killers just want to play the game less. So thank-you for making yourself an example.

• DaKnight

You are the one changing the subject after I proved you wrong. You are the one forming opinions on builds you have literally never tried then arguing about them like you have.

I used PWYF like 3 years ago, because I know being a 130% movespeed killer is incredibly strong. It's the only anti-loop you need, it just takes too long to build on anyone without a 1 shot. You don't need it with Enduring whatsoever.

When I saw Nemesis, that combo is the first thing I thought of. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw Furtive Chase too, but Furtive Chase is trash. I don't need to be spoonfed obvious ideas. Maybe you do.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Badham is 5 maps, Macmillan is 5 maps, Ormond is 1, and Haddonfield is 1. You didn't list 4, you listed 12 maps.

• Yeah I am just gonna play survivor this weekend. Killer is hard enough as is without being nerfed.

• E_Lemon_Ation
    E_Lemon_Ation Member Posts: 3

Bloodlust is a flawed mechanic, what I am upset about is why bloodlust. This is a game with some really oppressive meta perks, moris, and keys. I love that they want to fix some bad mechanics to make it more fun, but if they want to maximize fun, get rid of things that make the game really unfun

• TheButcher
    edited November 2020

I won the discussion on movement speed. Just because you're a broken record player doesn't mean you won anything. I continued to give you more reasons why trying to substitute PWYF doesn't work, because it's apart of the discussion. I didn't change the subject.

I am pretty much at the point of thinking you're actually just trolling now.

• TheButcher
    edited November 2020

Agreed! Make mori's only work after second hook phase, and remove Key's (or at least don't let them spawn in chests)

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

That's not what I'm suggesting, and your point is exactly why people play killer. If the removal of Bloodlust is going to cause the kind of imbalance, gameplay or fun-wise, that you're concerned about then playing now and showing that might make it show up in stats BHVR would, in theory, use for their later decisions on the matter.

• TheButcher

Nope. I'm not BHVR's guinea pig. IF they give me a paycheck for game testing for them - sure, but not going to go through the stress and abuse otherwise.

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57

You might miss them when survivor queues are 10+ minutes.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Technically by not playing it might increase the odds of BL getting nerfed/removed all together. If killers that need it don’t play and the killers don’t need it do play then numbers will be skewed towards it not needing to be in the game anymore because the killers that don’t care about its removal will be preforming well still.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2020

I haven't noticed it but then again my chases don't go long enough where i need it very often.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

######### me! I've tried to join a couple of survivor games this evening. Legit 15 mins in UK euro queues.

To quote a family member "Big Fat Oof!"

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Oh dear.

Anyway....

Inexperienced killers get destroyed on "infinites" while games with more experienced players get that extra survivor boost.

But still g3t r3kt b4byy k1ll3r l0lz

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited November 2020

That's your call. My only point was not wanting to play without having bloodlust kind of defeats the purpose of the experiment when the whole idea is to find out how well or not the game can be played without bloodlust.

Post edited by Zeidoktor on
  • FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I couldn't agree with you more regarding doing this on the live game. It's fine that they want to collect data, but no one who purchased this game was ever told they would subject to things you would expect to experience during a beta or even alpha test. Asking people to collect data, on the live game that people have purchased without an incentive is just bad form. It's really, just... mean, lol.

They don't have to double bloodpoints or anything like that. Just give people a login bonus if they played killer the day prior... I mean, effing anything!

Personally, I don't think bloodlust is great at all, if anything it tells you when you've committed to a chase for too long, and you need to adjust your target. But, I think it's really necessary for new killers. I feel bad for any new killers that just bought the game and are having to play through this.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Yea there's going to be a huge drop in killers during the weekend unless they compensate by adding a blood point event doubt it though. We'll see what happens.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Nothing of value is lost.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646
    edited November 2020

“Bloodlust” should be associated with the killer growing more angry from being unable to catch the survivors during chases. Meaning it SHOULD build up whenever a survivor does things to the killer that impede on this... Not just tunneling them for 15+ seconds... That’s the reason survivors can loop killers all day despite having Bloodlust. Bloodlust is only good in niche situations because of that. It’s almost non existent on certain killers like Deathslinger, Huntress, etc. Because it’s a stupid feature that needs rework.

New Bloodlust: Whenever a killer lunges, and the attack whiffs. Just barely grazing the survivor (Annoying auto-aim nonsense). Gain a stack. When the killer gets hit by a pallet, but chooses not to break the pallet. Gain a stack. Flashlight stunned? Gain a stack (If you initiate the chase with the survivor that blinded you before they get away). The same with Head On, and Decisive Strike. Each successful attack will lower the Bloodlust 1 tier until it’s all consumed, or if the chase ends at any time.

This would encourage the killer to keep chases going to ensure downs. This would make cocky survivors think twice about toying with the killer all day. Since stunning them and making them miss on purpose (Auto Aim) would make the killer stupid fast. So unless you’re lucky with RNG you will inevitably get downed.

The point of the game is for survivors to escape the chases, and get away so that they can work on totems and gens. Not run to a jungle gym and keep the killer there every time because you know you can’t get caught if RNG was grateful.. As I got more experience in the red ranks I’ve seen such flaws as both survivor and killer. Some set ups and layouts are just too good, and there is no real way around it.

• TheButcher

Right? It's comments like Siren's that always makes me wonder exactly how good at Survivor they are. Like are they really that bad that you think Killer's are strong at all? Sounds like someone needs to get better at survivor, and actually learn the map layouts before telling someone to get better at Killer. The game is literally designed that if you do everything right as survivor - you cannot be touched. Period. Doesn't matter how well the Killer play's. The Killer has to get the most out of the survivor's mistakes.

All the while the Killer is supposed to be seen as some kind of imposing threat? The only imposing thing in my games is the sound of my ass cheeks clap, when I am twerking at the exit doors.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I cannot get over how many killers on the forum complain that this game is stressful. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Please for the love of god, stop and think why you're playing a game that stresses you out so much.

• Anvious
    Anvious Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2020

Yeah I just got god looped with shacks and jungle gyms for days. There was no amount of mind games, moonwalking, doubling back, faking that would do anything. And this is especially in red ranks. Three matches in a row. That was not fun to play, at all.

For people like me, bloodlust (or something else if not) is there when you NEED that crutch so that you don't absolutely get floored by 4 SWF'ers or someone running OoO, endless amounts of pallets etc. I'm not the best counter looper, though I was doing fine before this, therefore there needs to be something to balance that out, and it's not fair to force people to play that way.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited November 2020

imho there will be no drop at all: inexperienced killers, the one that benefit the most from bloodlust, won't even know bloodlust was changed (yep, nobody reads the news, aside for the few hundreds in the forum), while experienced killers won't care anyway.

In fact, one could expect more people trying killer this weekend to see if they notice a difference.

...honestly I hope they'll do more tests like this, and much, much edgier as well:

• disable keys / mori
    • disable prove thyself and/or increase gen speed penalties with multiple survivors
    • halve DS timer / disable DS after certain actions
    • disable NOED...
    • PUT A "SWF ALERT" IN THE LOBBY FOR 24 HOURS...................

oh dear, I'm drooling.

• TheButcher

They won't do anything like this if it's detrimental to Survivors - so don't give your hopes up. As an experienced Killer I can tell you that Bloodlust was needed to face against competent survivors. When the game is built that the survivor is untouchable if they perform everything right. The only way to get a hit in when in a map that loops are too close, and to deal with long loops on every map. By removing Bloodlust they have effectively made experienced survivors entirely immune. It doesn't even need to be "tested". It's just how it is in the game. Like you even watch streamers dedicated to teaching you the game, and our so called "pros" one of the biggest things they mention playing survivor and Killer is "Now the Killer has bloodlust, so we play this", or "Soon we will have bloodlust so the Survivor will have to either change to another loop, or taking a hit". Experienced players completely understand that Survivors are immune in these situations without Bloodlust. They are just going to abuse the long loops, and maps with little to no distance between loops. Experienced Killers already know what this test proves, and it's not worth the abuse to be BHVR's guinea pig, especially if there is no compensation.

• Nobsyde

@TheButcher we'll see.

• TheButcher

Actually we won't. You can tell even by the streamers and these forums many Killers just decided straight up not to play during their "test". Like it's the only way we can really get the message across to BHVR anymore is if we just stop playing Killer. They never wanted to listen to the playerbase outright - now it's like this every time.

• Nobsyde

@TheButcher well, if you are right people will stop playing killer, so... we'll see :)

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I'm playing and it suck I get 1k or 2k which is what dev want but getting it pain chases are lasting to long and gens are flying

I am sure that I start getting 0k soon tho how the game been going.

• NekoGamerX
    edited November 2020

right just play survivor(easy mode) or quit oh wait if we all who play killer do that there be no game oh well.

I bet you don't play killer and if you do only the ones that are Op.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I play killer occasionally. I like Hag, Trapper, and Plague. Not sure of those are the OP ones you mean. Nothing about playing killer stresses me out. It's a game that I play to have fun. But I'm a solo survivor. You're right, it's so easy. I literally spawn into a game and just instantly escape with 30k bp every time.

If you are stressed out by a video game, quit playing.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Survivor queue times are horrible. Killers said screw it.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited November 2020

😭 Girl I have 5k hours and all of my friends, myself included, main at least one killer we can consistently 4k with. This game is the easiest it's ever been for killers and if you cant even find an s tier to destroy with effortlessly then that is totally on you :/

• NekoGamerX

no the Op ones would be spirit hillbilly anything that can use they power to get around fast it don't stressed me out a lot but you know we get that matches that make us hate the game if you Hag, Trapper, and Plague the hag is the only one that gets around ok but not Op.

• Inky43
    Inky43 Member Posts: 4

But i'd have a compromise because without bloodlust survs playing extrem cocky and teabagging a lot more. i'd say at any Weekend the Perks Dead Hard Unbreakable DS and Adrenalin getting locked and cant be used then should the devs see how many survs cant escape without it and that they are to strong as Combination

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,046
    edited November 2020

It's a video game, dude. If they wanna test how something works in their video game, something that's not real, then they can put that on their live servers. Oh no, 3 days that you won't enjoy your video game as much as you would without 5% extra speed during chase. What will you ever do?

Plus, putting this on a PTB would be awful. People stop playing PTB after a day, and are usually more focused on the other content to not care about some bloodlust change. Even if they just opened a ptb with bloodlust removal and nothing else, nobody would download and play that.

What they did is fine. Stop acting like a little test over the weekend is gonna ruin your life. It's a *video game.* If you're that stressed over a casual asymmetrical game, I'd reconsider playing the game AT ALL.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Agreed, I quit last night, the game feels like a chore already and now they make it worse again.

• ramvayne
    ramvayne Member Posts: 21

It's definitely been a right pain in the arse, and I'm rank 15 killed getting matched up with rank 1 - 10 lately... so they've been exploiting the fact I can't catch up with them. I give up for now, gonna be survivor again for a while.

• DeadBobDaylight
    DeadBobDaylight Member Posts: 21

How often do you really get bloodlust though?

I don't know that I've ever even gotten bloodlust III...

• DeadBobDaylight
    DeadBobDaylight Member Posts: 21

It's not dismissive, actionable advice. If you don't like to do a thing...don't do it.

It's very clear the changes you personally want aren't in the cards atm, so stepping away is rational and healthy.

Getting defensive, claiming any disagreement is dismissive, is just unproductive and, frankly, immature.

The only reason these threads get so much traction is because we all wanna take the bait and tell you to got take a break in the corner, honey.

• duhffee
    duhffee Member Posts: 30

I'm sorry but you just sound salty. As someone who tends to play survivor more, I only see this as a way to make chases more balanced. I said this on someone else post, but bloodlust for a skilled survivor is like being really good at forza, but then GTA's catch up feature in races is turned on for the killers.

This test only shows me who is getting mad because they're finally seeing what skilled survivors can do in chases when the killer doesn't get a speed boost.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

The incentive is showing the devs you need it, nows the best time to put your money where your mouth is and show instead of tell. No amount of running your mouths on the forums is going to beat the data they receive, not playing only hurts YOU. they're not listening to what you say, they're looking at what the data is telling them.

The fact that you think all nemesis is worth is the few seconds of aura reading is a very telling sign of your skill. The minute of obliviousness is far more important than the few seconds of aura reading you get, so it's not comparable to I'm All Ears which is a greatly underrated perk itself.

Let's not forget Fire Up on top of all that speed which helps you as gens get done so even when you're losing, you're gaining.

I really don't get all of the complaining. It's literally a test, which y'all are going to ruin for yourselves by not playing and giving them data that says you need it, and it's like two or three days long. That's such an insignificant amount of time it's not even funny. But you know what, go ahead, leave and take bloodlust with you. You're the ones that stand to lose the most by not playing during this.