Rank Progression is Too Fast

itsjazzyo
itsjazzyo Member Posts: 11
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm pretty new to DBD, even though I've been watching the content for a while. I'm not "good", as it's taken me 2 months to go from 20 to 14. My issue is that I feel like my skill, as a survivor, is still rank 17. I will say that I went from 17 to 14 in one week but it makes no difference. It's kind of disheartening to reach a lower rank quickly only to sling shot backwards. I wish ranking progressed slower.

This post isn't even a complaint about killers, other survivors, or ranked matches necessarily. I just don't think I'm ready for rank 14 and I doubt I'll be going to 13 this weekend, probably back to 16 at the least.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I went, as killer, from 17 to 14 just by playing for 2 and a half hours. And I'm bad as a rank 18 Hahaha. I also wish it was slower

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Here are some tips to help you out a bit. For a new player my recommended build is Sprint Burst, Kindred, Spine Chill, Quick and Quiet. If you see the killer coming towards you after you've been hooked, gain some distance using Sprint Burst. Spine Chill will help avoid killers that have small or no terror radius, in addition pay attention to spine chill when you're being chased. Spine chill will light up when they're looking in your direction. This can be used to tell if the killer is trying to trick you. Quick and Quiet can be used to hide in lockers or get a sneaky vault, however, you still leave scratch marks on a locker door when you quick and quiet into it so use it only as a last resort and I recommend only hiding in a locker if you're already injured. If you get pulled out of a locker when you were full health you just gave the killer a hook for free, take a hit first.

• itsjazzyo

Yeah I keep dropping rank as killer too. It's like once I get a couple 4ks, the game decides I'm ready for low ranks. I'm really not, I just lucked out lol

• itsjazzyo
    edited November 2020

Good advice, thank you. Now I just need to work on acquiring some of those perks

Post edited by itsjazzyo on
  • konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Be sure you're leveling up Meg. She has sprint burst and quick and quiet. And the other 2 perks are available to all characters.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Yeah the progression for Ranking up is too short.

That’s why they’re working hard on the MMR system, soon Ranks won’t matter and you’ll play against and with people around your skill level.

• C4Rt3LS
    C4Rt3LS Member Posts: 1

When a rank 20 survivors tells you that rank progression is supposedly too fast it is most likely just an act of sabotage!!

Rank progression is definitely not too fast, it is rather too slow making it too difficult and lengthy to rank up!!

So please don´t listen to this absurd request of slowing players rank progression ...

• Psyhel
    Psyhel Member Posts: 21

Rank only tells you how much you play the game, it's been like this for years, it doesn't determine your skill (even if that's what the devs intended). You can get rank 1 just by playing a lot without being good at the game.