What's a killer you think is good that is perceived as bad

Options

Mine would be pig. I get she isn't the best but I dont think she is as bad as people make her out to be

Comments

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I completely agree with you I do very well with her. Another one that's actually in my top five is trapper.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Legion. His power has trouble downing people sure, but with the right add ons people are running around one shot. Slap on Discordance and Monitor and Abuse and things get nasty real quick.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Demogorgon was being called terrible for the longest time but I never felt that way even once.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Yeah I don't think he's terrible, it's just that other killers do what he does better.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479
    Options

Actually most of the matches I get the Pig she 4ks. And at least she gets 2k.

She performs very very well.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Pig, Deathslinger, Legion and Clown.

Clown is still the worst killer in the game by far, but some people make him out to be a "You will lose every game at red rank" kinda killer, when it reality he can do good at red ranks, it's just that you get rolled if you get even a remotely decent team.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Options

I don't use addons ever and I play exclusively Demogorgon, Trapper, Myers and Wraith. People seem to think Trapper and Wraith are weak. People are dumb. Every killer is viable at every rank.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Not really bad but definitely underrated, the Hag is imo the best Killer in the game. Traps are all about strategy, predicting where survivors will go and how to manipulate their movements. There's a bunch of tech involved in the seemingly simple traps (watch Michi's Hag guide if you don't know what I'm talking about), and a great Hag can 4k more easily than a Spirit or Nurse.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Pig

• [Deleted User]
    Options

He has a pretty well rounded kit though, other killers do SOME of what he does but not everything.

He is also so stupidly versatile, I've played effectively with hundred of different build variations as him because he is so perk-forgiving. He can run almost any kind of build it's one of the reasons he is so fun.

His add ons are cheap and easy, you only need brown addons really which helps too.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

The Twins. So many are being all dramatic about them and often use some youtuber's few games as evidence. I played them pretty much nonstop when I could and can see lot's of potential in their kit. They aren't no S tier, but they surely aren't F tier like many want to scream. Victor is a king.

The Hag was one I played back when she even had stuns on her teleports. She has received nothing but buffs and is a literal snowball monster. Just the other night I got one of the larger maps and the Survivors were knocking the gens out right and left before I got set up. I got one of them after setting up and it just snowballed into 3 slugs and a hooked person as the other 3 wandered into the web I set up. Too bad most people don't want to think when they play Killer and rather have easy modes like Freddy or Spirit. And also too bad so many Hags are the 5-10 traps at a hook campers.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

I think bubba can be good outside of him being able to camp very well.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited November 2020
    Options

Plague:

I used to think she was the weakest killer because, like a "one-track minded ignoramus", I didn't like the idea that the survivors were "completely in control of her power". I kept thinking the only thing good about her was when she gets Corrupt Purge, which is the strongest ranged damage in the game IMO, but of course she was frequently denied that power if the survivors refused to cleanse, which felt stupid to me at the time.

However, after deciding to bite the bullet and play her for a while I came to realize how wrong I had been. While I was partially correct about Corrupt Purge and its limitations, I had been completely ignoring the power of her Vile Purge. People often refer to it as having a game long NOED effect, or perma-EW3 Myers, but I find it to be much better than those things. Not only does it put all the survivors in a 1 hit down state, It also makes them easier to see, and easier to hear while simultaneously defeating Iron Will + all Healing perks and items. This results in chases that take half as long as any other M1 killer would, and gives you great audio and visual tracking! On top of that, If the survivors do choose to cleanse instead of Toughing it out while broken and easier to track, I get the best ranged damage in the game and can make them suffer even more with it.

Overall, I ended up making a favorite build that puts survivors between a "Rock and a Hard Place" and have been dominating with her consistently even at the red ranks. She's become my go-to girl to main because she's actually very powerful if you know how to use her, and constantly underestimated by survivors because of how infrequently they encounter her. I regret that I totally misunderstood her (feel like such an idiot for not noticing these things about her sooner), and have become a ruthless and proud Plague main ever since. 😁🤮

For those wondering, here's my "Rock and Hard Place" build:

Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Surge + Surveillance/Pop Goes the Weasel/BBQ/Ruin.

Don't cleanse = suffer massive gen slowdown, Cleanse = Best ranged damage in the game. The trick to getting it to work well is to only hook the obsession twice, and keep them slugged as frequently as possible for the remainder of the game because They're the only survivor immune to the DL debuff, so keep them slugged and don't kill them until you've already killed at least 1 other survivor. At full Thanatophobia debuff + 4 stacks of DL, survivors suffer a whopping 32% slowdown in gen repair speed! On top of slowing repair progress to a crawl, This makes repairing the 8% damage caused by Surge to go up from 6 seconds to around 10.5 seconds, and it gets worse with each stack of DL you gain; I think the max slowdown I've achieved with all 4 still alive has been around 6 stacks, which made Surge damage take around 14 seconds for a survivor to repair. Typically survivors realize they are getting nowhere fast when there are 3-2 gens left and panic cleanse in order to try and defeat the slowdown, at which point you gain the best ranged damage in the game and mop the floor with them. A nice bonus is that because Vile Purge breaks the survivors, the obsession doesn't get to use the 33% healing benefit from DL, which actually makes it a worthwhile perk on the Plague.

Here's a sample or "Proof" of its viability, survivors in the chat didn't like the build (I took this screenshot a week ago):

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I mean, I play Wraith quite a bit. With Add-ons, I feel he's very competent.

But without add-ons he sucks and it makes me sad

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131
    Options

Trapper is incredibly strong if you take the time to place traps well whilst not being overly dependent on them.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614
    Options

This. I love playing her she seems soo good and nobody plays her. Which kinda in the end makes ppl know less of how to deal with her

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131
    Options

Problem with top tier killers is that they're incredibly boring. Hag is no different.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Clown. He's a lot better than he's given credit for.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited November 2020
    Options

She's a strong killer, but so incredibly dull and one-dimensional. The majority of people playing this game enjoy chases, or strong fun abilities that end chases quickly or get them around the map fast (See Deathslinger, Spirit, Huntress, Nurse etc). Hag doesn't do that. You press M2 to draw a triangle in the ground, press ctrl when a survivor triggers the triangle and hit them, whilst never leaving one half of the map. Rinse-repeat until a survivor is downed, and at that point you hook them, trap them and the cycle starts all over again. And the way you deal with Hag is doing gens until she comes towards you, get hit and hold W in the direction you didn't see her place any traps, heal up, and the cycle repeats until the gens are done. Not a lot of people find this kind of gameplay fun, it can lead to really long matches because if Hag commits to any kind of chase when there aren't many gens left she loses.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
    Options
  • Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

Old Freddy. He had best in class stall, tracking, and stealth. He was a crappy M1 killer in a chase but with his tiny terror radius you could easily ambush survivors.

I used to play him a lot, even in red ranks and I did very well with him.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I think most of the "weak" killers are stronger than people want to think, but my top 2 most underrated killers are probably Deathslinger and Legion.

The map updates have just been buffing Legion this entire time. M1 chase is more viable than ever, and legion is actually a pretty great m1 killer. Smallish model, low footsteps, and gets everyone injured nice and quick. Couple that with mending slowdown and that's actually not a bad killer. Not overly great, either, but still not as bad as people want to believe.

And most people acknowledge that Deathslinger is decent, but a killer with absolutely no real counterplay is so much better than people realise. A god-level Slinger can end chases so damn quick it's actually not funny. The only way to beat him is the generic genrush. Very, very few other killers can claim that.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

Every killer is good, just have to play them correctly. Capitalize on what that specific killer is good at, and avoid things that could cause a L that your character is weak at.

If you’re chasing survivors in Badham as Hag through the school and not using traps, she’s going to be weak in the opinion of the player using her.

There are no weak killers, only weak players using them.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,338
    Options

I'm still hoping that one day they'll unrework Freddy.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 307
    Options

Legions potential to keep everyone injured is slept on quite a bit. There are so many people who don’t like having to down a survivor with an m1 so they just assume legion is bad.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I think Demogorgon is really underrated. Quite a few People say he is at the bottom, but being good at Demo will definitely reward you. He has good mobility and he can either be played defensive or offensive, which pretty much no other Killer can do because they are either designed to be offensive or designed to be defensive (Trapper, Hag).

He might be the most underrated Killer in the Game. He is definitely not the best but nowhere near weak as some People might say.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

legion and demo

demo's shred is very good as you can zone windows from a decent distance and get a survivor by reacting to their vault animation. it also obviously is good at a lot of loops, the thing is if you shred too much and often miss your wasting time which is one of the reasons people say he is bad when in fact the fault is on the player. Demo's portals tho aren't the best, of course i use them but it's a give or take on how useful they are in a match.

Legion with certain builds can be pretty good if you are good at mind games and such in a chase, i love using ruin and blood echo on him as ruin is the best gen regression perk for legion and blood echo is extremely easy to activate on multiple survivors unless they waste time healing constantly. Together as long as ruin is up survivors have to choose heavy gen regression or no exhaustion perks and even if they got ruin unless it was right away you should have applied good pressure.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

wraith with good addons can go toe to toe with any other killer though i have to admit his base i among the worst. its just spirit with tells and a speed penalty for coming out of your power among other things

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2020
    Options

no old freddy was complete trash, you did well against bad survivors as any good survivor fully utilized the time it took to get into dream world to get somewhere safe as there team tries to get gens done. the only time he was ok was when using addons to make the dream transition short and even then he was just a m1 killer without a power really.

really the only thing that made freddy get kills at high ranks was how long he made games go, it wasn't skill it was just doing what you could to stall because survivors couldn't get a gen in a area done before you made it a dead zone. It was just not fun or skillfull you just made games last so long the survivors ran out of things to use.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Demo is 100% the most underrated killer in the game. Honourable mention goes to Deathslinger though. People don't think he's bad but the thing I hear the most is that he's a "worse Huntress" and imo that's the farthest from the truth. I think he's top 4 or 5, on the same level as Oni and Blight. No other killer except Nurse can consistently down survivors as quickly as he can. His slower movement speed doesn't even matter at that point when everyone can't hold a chase with him for more than 20 seconds.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

My vote goes to legion and demo, which seems to be a rather popular opinion, in fact

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Legion.

people are gonna hate me for this, but imo they are not a bad killer.

they are definitely not a top tier killer, but they can be quite dangerous to go up against.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Pig. She is like Myers in that she can bring Mori's into the game without anyone knowing.

She is also disgustingly good at tunneling, and can teabag.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Clown

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

Can confirm some of that. My go-to freddy strategy was to juggle targets as much as possible (if I feel like I can't catch this survivor, I'd disengage. I'd even disengage mid-chase to return to people who just woke up to re-sleep them) and drag out the match until all the pallets are down and destroyed.

You also had the dream transition mindgame which allowed pretty easy "free" hits on survivors. Don't forget Pill Bottle for 0 freddy glimpses during the transition for easy gen grabs (and once they realize you have pill bottle you can sleep them and run away knowing they'll be distracted for a while).

One of my favorite builds was Red Paint Brush + Z Block + Monitor and Abuse for 0 TR freddy in the dream world and I believe a 3 second dream transition. Combo that with STBFL and PYWF and you can machinegun everyone down super quickly + throw in Rancor to one-punch-mori the obsession after ignoring him all game if they finish the last gen.