You Like Those Latest 5 Offerings?

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Y'know, Bloodied Blueprint, Torn Blueprint, Annotated Blueprint, Vigo's Blueprint & Sacrificial Ward.

In case you need a refresher on what they are...

bloodied blueprint

• Reveals the Aura of the Basement Hooks to you for 20 seconds at the start of the Trial.
  • Tremendously increases the chance of spawning the Basement in the Killer Shack if available.

Torn Blueprint

• Reveals the Aura of the Basement Hooks to you for 20 seconds at the start of the Trial.
  • Tremendously increases the chance of spawning the Basement in the main building if available.

Annotated Blueprint

• Tremendously increases the chance of spawning the Hatch in the Killer Shack if available.

Vigo's Blueprint

• Tremendously increases the chance of spawning the Hatch in the main building if available.

Sacrificial Ward

• Calls upon The Entity to reject all Offerings that alter the chance of being sent to a specific Realm.
  • Sacrificial Ward is cancelled if 4 identical Realm Selection Offerings are played.

You Like Those Latest 5 Offerings? 63 votes

1 - Useless
15%
EqMonkVeeshanDimekGorgonzolaLeonardo1itaAhoyWolfWTBaconSassySolidSnakebm33UndershotDwightFairfield 10 votes
2 - Terrible
12%
GibberishBabyCameron10Aven_FallenMrPenguinPlantCollectorTheButcherYordsanprimgang1978 8 votes
3 - Awful
7%
VoltnotstarboardTripleStealArialquentinsimp 5 votes
4 - Bad
9%
BossSnakeSound222MyNamePetebjorksnasIceryGenerator_Repairer 6 votes
5 - Mediocre
11%
PennosukeFreddoIcewhisperJuampy062Pior_MorteLoveyN0_th4nk5 7 votes
6 - Okay
19%
[Deleted User]DetailedDetrimentfairfieldismsDoug_FAwkward_FiendhoneyboiFobboSpaghettiandMeatbahorrortale_sansScreamingFengLe_DWKyakkiboi 12 votes
7 - Good
14%
Science_GuyTapeKnotSpirezTaigaRoffelbillyExerath1992TheButcher6641ChristianM0498LunarApoc 9 votes
8 - Great
6%
[Deleted User]TotemsCleanserBeast123344xXM7MD97Xx 4 votes
9 - Fantastic
1%
zoozoom6 1 vote
10 - Perfect
1%
Dr_Trauts 1 vote

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited November 2020
    Options
    4 - Bad
    • Bloodied Blueprint: Don't care about where it is, nor knowing where it is, a 2.
    • Torn Blueprint: Don't care about where it is, nor knowing where it is, a 2.
    • Annotated Blueprint: Actually kinda nice to know, but i don't care which of the 2 locations, a 6.
    • Vigo's Blueprint: Actually kinda nice to know, but i don't care which of the 2 locations, a 6.
    • Sacrificial Ward: Don't care about which Realm i go to, plus it's used even if there were no Realm Offerings played, a 2.

So that's 18 points divided by 5 is 3.6, which is closer to 4 than 3, so i'll give this latest group of Offerings a 4 in total.

Very lackluster, i'd just outright delete 3 of them in a heartbeat.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    edited November 2020
    Options
    1 - Useless

Useless - Feel like they're just more clutter to a clutter filled bloodweb. Think they need to go through and remove alot of the useless addons and offerings they've put in that increase the grind.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2020
    Options
    3 - Awful

Hatch offerings are disgusting when paired with keys, others are simply useless.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options
    1 - Useless

If you don't play a specific build around basement or you don't have a key they are basically useless, the map one is interesting, but I never use it, just another few things that make bloodwebs worse.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    3 - Awful

They're mostly useless bloodweb filler unless you're going for a key play. The only reason I rated them 3/10 instead of 1/10 is that they only cost 3,000 and pretty much never use brown offerings anyway.

• Volt
    Volt Member Posts: 5
    Options
    3 - Awful

The Sacrificial Ward seems so dumb to me because it will only work if someone uses another map offering and you have no way to know that. It's a complete gamble if someone's going to use one and it could end up canceling a good one like Macmillan Bone.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options
    2 - Terrible

I would have voted 1, but they certainly not useless. Broken to f@#$ yes, but not useless. If the hatch wasn't the worst thing to happen to this game to begin with, now we have players controlling where it spawns. The 2 door and hatch strat never been easier. I'll probably get to escape for free for the rest of my DBD career now.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options
    6 - Okay

The sacrificial ward is cool.

The basement offerings do nothing.

Hatch offerings are broken and should be completely removed. A SWF with this offering and a key is literally a free escape for at least one player.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    6 - Okay

Basement ones are meh, Hatch ones are neat but make keys even more busted, and the Sac Ward shouldn't be burned if it doesn't cancel out another offering

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    2 - Terrible

I say terrible because they are not all useless, but extremely unfair.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    2 - Terrible

I say terrible because they are not all useless, but extremely unfair.

• LunarApoc
    LunarApoc Member Posts: 4
    Options
    7 - Good

The hatch offerings are ######### because the hatch is an already ######### mechanic.

The basement offerings are ######### because they are only used for basement builds which are ######### playstyles.

The realm offering is fantastic and makes it worth the other 2 because it is so satisfying to see someone try to send a killer or the survivors to a map that is unbalanced for the opposition and the offering be rendered useless. Map offerings would be fine if people didn't use them to gain an advantage based on ######### design.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,384
    Options
    2 - Terrible

I believe they were overall unhealthy for the game. Only really useful for key an basement builds which are really unfun and/or unfair for the other side.

The anti-map offerings could stand to have a refund function if no map offering is used.

Then they are also taking up more space in the bloodweb which could have much more useful things. Usually a waste of BP. Just another reason to have a sell option or something.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    8 - Great

I actually really liked them! Specially the Sacrificial Ward, so I can block annoying map offerings. I find it quite useful as a killer (to avoid being sent to awkward killer maps like Corn) and even as a survivor, too (to avoid being sent to inside maps that either the killer or those damn random survivors have decided to play). Of course you never know if a map offering will be burnt or not, or at least not for sure because sometimes you just /feel/ it will and it actually is lol

I don't really care about the basement offerings. As for the hatch ones, I find them quite useful if you're running a key (which I'm not very fond of but archives exist), or even sometimes in the 1v1 if the killer hasn't paid much attention to the offerings screen.

• anprimgang1978
    anprimgang1978 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    2 - Terrible

The bloodied and torn blueprints have use for basement builds, and the annotated and vigo's blueprint have uses for using keys, but the problem is no one likes either of those because of how annoying they are to deal with. The only one that is remotely useful in a game sense is the sacrificial ward, but that one has a problem because it doesn't spawn enough for it to be useful. It's rarity should be brought down to yellow or brown to make it spawn more often, because almost every time I've ever used one it ends up being useless because there wasn't a map offering.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options
    2 - Terrible

I think all of them are terrible and I will never use them.

I can get where they come from with the Sacrificial Ward, but they are too rare. They only really work for Killers if they suspect that Survivors might burn Ormond or Haddonfield - but even if you burn a Sacrificial Ward, you might end up on a bad map. If I want a decent Map, I rather burn MacMillan or Autohaven, even if the Chance might only be 50/50 to end up there.

For the Basement-Offerings, those are totally useless. There is no reason at all why a Survivor should need that information, e.g. if you know that it is in Shack, you will still not avoid Shack, since it is a strong Loop. IMO the Killer should get this information as Baseline (seeing the Basement for 20 seconds at the start of the game) and thats it. At least Killer have either Builds to work with the Basement or Challenges where you need to hook people there.

Hatch Offerings are only good with Keys, and those should not be supported.

So yeah, overall, I really dont like those new Offerings and I am not happy about more stuff in the Bloodweb I will never use.

• Le_DWK
    Le_DWK Member Posts: 40
    Options
    6 - Okay

They're okay I guess. I wouldn't ever run any of them over any BP offerings, personally. I find the info of where hatch may be somewhat useful as both Killer and Survivor.

Running the hatch add-on is honestly a double edged sword since the Killer can see it too, but it can still be pretty toxic with a key and coordinated team.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options
    4 - Bad

What does a hatch offering mean if the other side can see where is it too? Make that Secret and its okay.