people are missing something with the BL experiment

Options
Raz_
Raz_ Member Posts: 296

everyone is saying "we need bloodlust in some maps" but the some maps they talking about havent got a rework yet.

just look at the mcmillian, autoheaven (PTB), ormond (PTB) etc these maps are now full with dead ends and unsafe pallets. there is not a single god loop in these maps.

even tho you know these maps are pretty bad and still want BL to never go away your just entitled sorry.

you want to keep BL even with the bad reworked maps.. well sure but then bring the old god loops back and give survivor again some good pallets.

but if you really dont want these loops then please stop being entitled to your opinion with the BL

i say it again " Yes some map tiles still need BL but these maps will get changed"

do you really need that much advantages in a chase to get a down on killer sided maps ? i hope not.

and if you do.. well maybe its time to get better.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,671
    Options

You forgot about:

Hawkins, Saloon and Lerys, who have already been done under the "new" way of balance the Maps. Same goes for Midwich, but I dont know how much the Corridors will influence the gameplay and I will not bring myself to burn a Midwich-Offering.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

True, but Hawkins has the rooms with two pallets and a 2nd floor that can be run for eternity, small pallet loops at almost every intersection and hardly any windows/vault locations. Dead Dawg is full of breakable walls and one side of the map that is just a chain of jungle gyms that unless walls are already broken create a huge psudo-infinite along with a central building that is generally best to ignore as killer. Lery's still makes window to window to window spawns and simply holding W will win most Survivor chases. And Midwich still needs to be reworked/fixed/just straight up removed.

Even Macmillan, Yamaoka, and Bandham, haven't been "balanced" they simply got a graphics overhaul and their main buildings added breakable walls. The only one that received any sort of balance change was Groaning Storehouse by exchanging a couple pallets for a god window until the wall is broken.

I'm okay with testing it but I feel no action should be taken on the mechanic until all of the maps in the game have been looked at and actually balanced and the mechanic has been tested again.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,671
    Options

Breakable Walls-->Those dont make MacMillan survivor-sided.

Saloon-->You dont need to break any Walls except for the Saloon. The other Walls are fine, the structures can be mindgamed. And the Pallet Loops are unsafe.

Hawkins-->It is fine that there are 2 (!!) safe Pallets. Do you want to be every Map without any safety? Let alone that you should ignore the second floor as Killer anyway, it is not worth to patrol that Gen ever.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373
    Options

I saw 3 pallets together in the "reworked" Badham the other day. You're wrong.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,412
    edited November 2020
    Options

So first off if there's still maps that need bloodlust we shouldn't take it out till they are fixed.

Secondly not all the reworked maps are good. Just had a match on the Groaning Storehouse and the main building was disgusting.

Thirdly there have been multiple infinites or extremely safe loops found without BL. Even shack can be a infinite now if you get the one with the hook in the corner so I've heard.

The map design is not where it needs to be for BL to go away unfortunately. I'm 6 survivor matches in right now, have not had more than a 1k, and those 1k's were tunnels. Map design might be better but not good.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,662
    Options

BL is short for Balanced Landing, not Bloodlust.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,662
    Options

Even those reworked maps have a shocking amount of safe loops. The S-shaped loops on Macmillan that spawn in the middle will just kill you as killer. No matter how hard you cut the turns the survivor will still get to the pallet first, and they'll either be greedy and still get a safe drop anyway or teleport backwards and stun you. And new god loops have been added that force killers to waste time destroying breakable walls.

• Naly
    Naly Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi op.

Actually, you know, some of us aren't "entitled". There are a lot of casual players and they have a right to be casual, and them utilizing a mechanic that helps them does not mean they're entitled.

In point of fact, there are even some disabled players. Personally? Being paralyzed in my right hand and playing with an adaptive controller? I do enjoy blooflust now and then, sometimes it feels like it comes through and levels off a little of the massive skill gap I will always have against less handicapped players. Especially when matchmaking is broken... (level 16 routinely getting thrown against level 5 and up survivor groups)

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

Good points however, wouldnt it be better to address BL after all maps have been reworked/rebalanced?

• nixtunes
    nixtunes Member Posts: 56
    Options

K so lemme just recap here. For Christmas, you'd like:

- No god loops. At all. Ever.

- No safe pallets

- A bloodlust buff

- Max 4 pallets per map

Sure! Anything else I can add to Satan's Wishlist?

• CJCA915
    CJCA915 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Survivors telling killers to adapt without bloodlust, while at the same time complaining about not having enough safe pallets, loops, etc. ๐Ÿ™„

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited November 2020
    Options

Wow, your reading comprehension is astounding! Bravo!

All sarcasm aside, what I'm getting at is not all the maps have been balanced in any way shape or form, most have simply recieved updated graphics and a couple breakable walls thrown in.

As I stated in my last sentence, yes test it, but don't take any permanent action until they all have been actually balanced and retested.

• doggomanno
    doggomanno Member Posts: 15
    Options

I really hope that we see the reworked maps and try this experiment again once a lot of rng and map rng gets reworked.

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191
    Options

nobody is complaining tho who is? without safe pallets its good no bloodlust yk

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191
    Options

They should just leave bloodlust tier 1 that's it since most killers need it most likely.