If you are going to play or even main The Twins...

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

... What build(s) are you going to try and what do you think will be the most effective way to play them?

Also what makes The Twins appeal to you?

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

How does their terror radius work? I see insidious having a use on them if she keeps the terror radius active while victor is running about.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

Sloppy butcher definitely. Gonna have to experiment what perks be good on her.

Something I'm really wondering about and want to test endurance and spirit fury on her. Once SF is charged place the sister at a pallet and control the brother to cut off a path. When some survivor decides to drop the pallet on a dormant sister....

Would endurance wake her up twice as fast and would SF still trigger?

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

From my understanding of it: She had a normal TR. Victor has a separate-but-similar "screeching range" which I'm guessing works much like Freddy/Huntress lullaby. Not affected by TR stuff.

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315
    1. block window/pallet with charlet
    2. free victor

A. survivor leaves strong loop

B. survivor goes down

Profit

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I plan on playing a lot of them as I loved them on PTB (they might become my second main after slinger if I keep on enjoying them) due to the really cool playstyle of switching between 2 bodies and make the most out of both. It felt like they'll be pretty hard to master as you won't be only juggling survivors but also your bodies. I'm looking forward to getting better with them, especially with victor.

As for the build, Pop, oppression, surveillance, corrupt. I've felt on the PTB that 3 gen strat was pretty good on twins as you can chase with victor and let charlotte's body near gens. Although I'm not sure yet, I'll try as many builds & strategies as I can to see what works well for them.

• Yamaoka

Something I've been wondering: Does Victor's pounce mechanically count as a basic attack / can he make use of status effects like exposed?

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

probably not because separating and playing him counts as using your ability.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

@Yamaoka From what I remeber, no. I've used perks with exposed but he just latched onto survivors.

He also has weird interactions with other perks, for example when I used nurses calling I think victor doesn't count as center for it. You can see the aura but only if it's within charlottes range 28m range. That's at least how I remeber it worked.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    edited November 2020

I used STBFL on her in the PTB. Use Victor to injure and down the obsession and keep the stacks on the other survivros. I think that totens are going to be very useful on her as well. You can keep Charlotte near a totem and use Victor to spread mayhem across the map (until someone kidnaps him)

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Not gonna work,because the devs want to implement a map wide audio queue once you switch between them

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Any time I pick up a new killer I learn them with their teachables so I can get their adept without crippling myself.

Once I get the adept I'm definitely gonna be running them with BBQ and STBFL as those help m1 killers so much. Probably gonna keep it similar to my Trapper build which is BBQ (for the sweet sweet BPs and knowing where to send Victor to), STBFL, either Pop or Surge depending on how I'm feeling, and for the 4th perk probably Sloppy as it can be effective against medkit teams and not be missed when I switch it out for Lightborn against the Flashlight gamers.

• Yamaoka

So you are saying all terror radius perks stick with Charlotte when controlling Victor?

Victor can slug injured survivors and pretty much ignore windows/pallets when you've mastered the pounce (which will become easier I suppose as the devs said they're gonna adjust the pounce) right?

Doesn't that mean Charlotte can be used as some sort of a "perk-tower" that you place at the center of a map so you can go out and snowball as Victor when everyone's injured?

I'm thinking of something like this:

- Coulrophobia

- Sloppy Butcher

- Distressing

- Nurse's Calling

Strategy:

1) Injure all survivors as Charlotte or Victor.

2) position Charlotte somewhere that allows her terror radius to cover the most important parts of the map.

3) Sloppy, Coulrophobia + Distressing will make sure the survivors won't heal quickly.

4) send Victor to snowball them all using "Charlotte's Nurse's Calling".

Obviously this is more of a meme build as it's highly dependant on the map but could be fun on something like Lery's, the Game map or Hawkins.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Why am I going to play the Twins? Because I have Prestiged Three’d the first 21 killers. Looking forward to the mix up. Even if it’s a weaker killer. It’s a new challenge to master.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Pallet shredding Charlotte is the best Charlotte.

Use brutal and enduring to shred pallets, use sloppy to make them easier targets for victor, after that, It's easy to hunt survivors by blood stains, Also i like Opression as 4th perk, but Currupt will work

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I believe when you're controlling Victor and Charlotte is dormant she has no TR until you take control again, I didn't play as Survivor on the PTB though so I'm not 100% sure on this.

• Yamaoka
  • landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

no. you can see her with kindered, but she has no TR or Red stain

• ZarioKiller534
    ZarioKiller534 Member Posts: 26

The main build I see is Bbq, (effective chase perk either brutal strength, enduring, bamboozle, etc) and two passive gen regression perks like the popular ruin/undying/ I think this because you should at least have one chasing perk because Charlotte is an M1 killer and the passvive perk like ruin because Victor can't use any perks so a gen regression. perk that Charlotte has to use isn't the most effective idea. Bbq because of it being bbq

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Honestly I'm still not feeling it with them. The fact that you have to wait 45 seconds without your power before you're alerted to the location of Victor is frigging ridiculous. Now I know that's not the official final word on that, but still, that's Bloodlust 3 for a single hit in terms of how long that is to occur. Also the fact that you can't simply recall Victor baseline or shove him back in your boob hole is stupid.

As for perks for them, if I WERE to play them, if they made it less obvious you're swapping between the two, maybe Insidious. That way you can punish the people that hang out with Charlotte while she's AFK.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

So far what I gathered these are the perks I am thinking on playing with for Twins;

A Nurse's Calling, Corrupt Intervention, Discordance, Hex: Haunted Ground, Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden, Make Your Choice, Mindbreaker, Opression, Pop Goes The Weasel, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Thrilling Tremors, Whispers

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

I think i will try: Corrupt/Discordance, BBQ, Ruin + Undying.

By the looks of it the twins ability can cost you a lot of time, therefore i would go with a stall build.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

As of right now it feels like the best way to play Victor is to get a bunch of injuries as Charlotte and try to slug as Victor. SO I'd probably go Corrupt, STBFL, Sloppy and Knock out. Though, Charlotte is man with machete mode in a chase, unfortunately. Against good players you'd need chaser perks I feel.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Nah they look kinda crappy design wise.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

does victor's attack count as basic as in can he apply sloppy butcher or down exposed survivors? knowing that will affect what i use on him.

as for getting them since they are an OG chapter i will buy them with shards but no way in hell was i spending real money on them at their current state. They look fun but in terms of viability they are awful probably the worst killer in dbd even after the changes unless they get heavily buffed my opinion wont change there.

• Yamaoka

Apparently Victor's pounce doesn't count as a basic attack so that destroys many possible perk synergies.

Charlotte also loses her terror radius while controlling Victor so you can not use her as a "perk tower", too which is a pity. It would have been interesting to injure people and place charlotte somewhere with terror radius related perks like Coulrophobia allowing Victor to run around in her terror radius and snowball injured survivors.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

yeah that does severely limits the amount of useful perks i can use. guess i can only use basic perks which is a piety.

does nurses calling work on victor or is it only when controlling charlotte?

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'd imagine Knockout would be good on them... If it didn't require a basic attack to actually do something...

Other than that, I'm at a complete loss.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Only problem is Sloppy Butcher doesn’t work with Victors pounce so half the time you won’t get value out of it. Likewise Endurance and Spirit Fury aren’t compatible with Victor either.

I’m not sure yet what a good build for them will be, but personally I’d lean toward perks that are useful regardless of whether I’m Charlotte or Victor, or perks that trigger on hooks (since you’ll need to hook survivors to win unless you manage to slug everyone.)

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

I know Victor isn't affected by any perks. Landing M1 attacks from the sister getting the sloppy butcher on them will make it easier for Victor to find injured survivors having a built in bloodhound perk. Pallets just crush Victor, but does endurance and spirit fury still trigger if a pallet is dropped on a dormant sister while you're controlling Victor?

• LegioPotatica
    LegioPotatica Member Posts: 50

I think I'm gonna try Iron Maiden, Deerstalker, STBFL, and probably Pop or Corrupt. IM is really gonna depend on how long victor can hold lockers, tho, if that ends up being a crapshoot I might swap it for whispers or something

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I get every killer because I play the game a lot, not out of any special desire for the killer

That said I'm going to probably plop victor down as a spy and swap between the two when I can get an easy down. Otherwise I'll just play Charlotte like I play any M1 killer.