The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Halloween event

For anybody not watching the stream, you can only get one of the 7 outfits available, either all 3 parts of one outfit or you can pick and choose 3 different pieces from the available outfits.

The rest are available in the store for cells. 

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Sounds fair.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

@MakoFenrir said:
    For anybody not watching the stream, you can only get one of the 7 outfits available, either all 3 parts of one outfit or you can pick and choose 3 different pieces from the available outfits.

how many cells?

• MakoFenrir
    MakoFenrir Member Posts: 51

@MakoFenrir said:

how many cells?

I believe they said the price is the same as a rare Or ultra rare outfit currently. So between 800-1k I believe?
  • elementira
    elementira Member Posts: 27
    Well they put greed first.. I'm not supporting this or playing this anymore.
  • TheDarkLycan

so i bought a $50 xbox card. that means i can get the marching fire dlc for For Honor and can buy the one outfit i want since im not getting docs weapon and am only getting huntress' mask

• MakoFenrir

so i bought a $50 xbox card. that means i can get the marching fire dlc for For Honor and can buy the one outfit i want since im not getting docs weapon and am only getting huntress' mask

Lemme know if the marching fire dlc is any good. I’ve heard mixed reviews atm.
  • TheDarkLycan

@MakoFenrir said:
    TheDarkLycan said:

you can practice the new characters in training mode and im loving the new assassin alot since her heavy finishers let you move the enemy

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

The sets are Cells only, and will be priced at the same cost as the other extremely rare sets.
    Sigh Guess I will be shelling out an extra 50 for cells after all.

I really think you should be able to get 6 cosmetics total. That way you can buy one survivor set and one killer set. Or you can skip out on the killer weapons and get like 6 total.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2018

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    So you can get 1 complete outfit for FREE and you guys are still salty?
    OMG this community.

This is supposed to be a community event, instead it turned into a cashgrab event with a lot of frustrating gameplay and only 1 out of 7 outfits is a joke. 2 wouldn't hurt them, it would still remain a joke.

The way we see it is that you can earn a full outfit of your choice or 3 separate cosmetics in the new collection. This is more than what was offered in the previous events.

Don't know what events you have been playing but from what I remember in previous events EVERYTHING used to be free. I'm sure that's more than "Here, have 1 outfit for free and for the rest we'd like §50, thanks!".
    Who wants more cosmetics offered when majority of us still "can't get them"?

• MakoFenrir
    not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

This is supposed to be a community event, instead it turned into a cashgrab event with a lot of frustrating gameplay and only 1 out of 7 outfits is a joke. 2 wouldn't hurt them, it would still remain a joke.

The way we see it is that you can earn a full outfit of your choice or 3 separate cosmetics in the new collection. This is more than what was offered in the previous events.

Wasn’t it said multiple times this Is meant to be your biggest and best event yet? Yet you give one More reward? I wasn’t around for the bbq or whatever it was called event and that had something for Kate and trapper. Brilliant idea, big lack of reward imo. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Zaram said:

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

And you would still make a lot of money if all outfits are earnable. Just make the grind harder with every outfit but this is just scummy. I was excited for the event, currently just disappointed.

Exactly my thoughts.
    Currently you only need 5 juice-optimal games as survivor and killer and you are done with the event.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@elementira said:
     not_Queen said:
    @ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:

OMG this community.

So kind of you, we all should just be happy that we are allowed to play your game and buy your dlc's and skins. We do need to have a sense of pride and accomplishment.

My sarcasm translator: gimme moar free stuff!

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

@ComelyStar said:
    My willingness to support this game is shrivelling dramatically.... what a shame after almost 3.500 hours.

How are you willing to support the game if you're not willing to throw some cash towards the company? I personally don't buy skins. But every single video game in existence has gone down this path lately. If you want the skins that's great. If not then don't buy them. But companies have to make money as well. Playing a game you spent $30 for once isn't supporting them.

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

Marching fire is definitely worth it. But if you use an OG hero you might as well kiss your ass goodbye. The WU Lin factions kit is so far advanced to the original roster it's not even funny 
  • GrannyonAcid

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

@ComelyStar said:
    My willingness to support this game is shrivelling dramatically.... what a shame after almost 3.500 hours.

How are you willing to support the game if you're not willing to throw some cash towards the company? I personally don't buy skins. But every single video game in existence has gone down this path lately. If you want the skins that's great. If not then don't buy them. But companies have to make money as well. Playing a game you spent $30 for once isn't supporting them.

Sure, but the event is pointless then.
    10 games of DBD and you are done basically, a lot of player (including myself) expected more

I'm not saying that you're wrong. I'm disappointed as well. I would've loved to grind out some skins. But it's just how it is. Just make sure you get the outfit you really want.

• ComelyStar

@GrannyonAcid said:

@ComelyStar said:

Because I buy all the DLCs, because I have brought close to 10 friends to the game who also all have bought the DLCs and because I'm constantly showing that I'm in this game to all my friends in steam who have bought the game over time only because they have seen me play it? That is also supporting the game.
    I'm more than willing to spend a reasonable amount of money for new gameplay (new killers, new perks etc.) but for cosmetics that were supposed to be part of a community event? No thanks.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Did anyone notice she was playing without a HUD?
    Wish there was a hardmode Perk of that, like No Mither.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I mean I appreciate them letting us get one outfit for free, but I don't think it's fair to make us only able to purchase them with auric cells. I've always have supported the devs but I'm a little disappointed in them now.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

It's more of a psycholigical thing. You hear/see 7 Event specific Outfits from which you can only earn one participating during the event, while the rest need to get bought for a good amount of money (I think 10€ per outfit). It's more like Expectations vs. what came int he end. Everything looked like you can earn several outfits depending on how much you play the game. And suddenly everything is different with a huge price cap. Especially for completetlists, it's a bummer.

Technically it's more than previous events. I mean one outfit is made of three parts and we only got one part for a survivor/killer. But by making these for several characters and in a way that you can mix them together with other outfits they felt like more.

I mean I'm myself in the position, that I have to madke a decision for which Outfit I will go for. And most likely it will be only one Killer outfit, because the event outfits might not mix well other stuff mostly. It's kinda frustrating especially, if you don't have the money to spend so much for an cosmetics.

I think if the would have went the route of doing 7 special Head parts for individual characters instead and would have mad it so that you can earn 3 out of those 7, then it would have been less content, but felt more than what we got in the end.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

@RSB said:
    At least they should allow us to buy the skins for Iridescent Shards, in my opinion.

I agree, it would be fair since we have to grind to get them.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@cats4bats said:

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

Transparency about how our purchases will help the game could get people to stop feeling like the devs are greedy. Or maybe they just are. Is the dev team expanding? are dedicated servers coming? where does the money go so that we can feel good about it. you know?

If you ask me, the money goes into the next game in development.
    Deadgarden failed pretty hard, maybe they will drop that completely, maybe they will try to revive it, I dont know.

But fact is that I dont see any real progress being made to make DBD healthy in the long term. The game is still balanced around casual plays, players are still being forced into that "competitive rank" system that is a complete joke when everyone reaches rank 1.
    The game still lives thanks to the continuous stream of newcomers if you ask me

• ComelyStar

The fact that you can BUY everything instead of earning something through playing wich is bound to a specifiek event really sums it up. Make halloween a month or whatever, but let everyone be able to grind for all the sets, instead of just beeing able to purchase them. So you wanna show off your new hard earned set? Good i will too, let me just spend 50 bux on the store.

Exactly. All outfits should have been earnable through the event and afterwards locked down for auric cells until the next event.
    But lets be honest, to behaviours standards the grid would be so ridiculous, most casual players wouldn't even get all cosmetics and be forced to spend money on cells.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@ComelyStar said:
    Skerpinator said:

The fact that you can BUY everything instead of earning something through playing wich is bound to a specifiek event really sums it up. Make halloween a month or whatever, but let everyone be able to grind for all the sets, instead of just beeing able to purchase them. So you wanna show off your new hard earned set? Good i will too, let me just spend 50 bux on the store.

Exactly. All outfits should have been earnable through the event and afterwards locked down for auric cells until the next event.
    But lets be honest, to behaviours standards the grid would be so ridiculous, most casual players wouldn't even get all cosmetics and be forced to spend money on cells.

You underestimate the killer lobby queues.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@TheDarkLycan said:

same

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

from what im hearing, players are saying you have to pay for the other outfits?

• elementira
    elementira Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2018

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    BHVR is EA Lite

at least they're beginning to.
    I won't support them anymore, gonna save up for RDR2 and Spyro.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

It's a disgusting move, tbh. I might buy another skin after the one I gain from the event through grind but its only because I got a small dosage of cells as a gift from a pal.

• cats4bats
    cats4bats Member Posts: 11

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@cats4bats said:

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

Transparency about how our purchases will help the game could get people to stop feeling like the devs are greedy. Or maybe they just are. Is the dev team expanding? are dedicated servers coming? where does the money go so that we can feel good about it. you know?

If you ask me, the money goes into the next game in development.
    Deadgarden failed pretty hard, maybe they will drop that completely, maybe they will try to revive it, I dont know.

But fact is that I dont see any real progress being made to make DBD healthy in the long term. The game is still balanced around casual plays, players are still being forced into that "competitive rank" system that is a complete joke when everyone reaches rank 1.
    The game still lives thanks to the continuous stream of newcomers if you ask me

I agree, and if the money goes to deathgarden im very sad

Devs please understand that we need skins that are EXCLUSIVE to players who earned them...
    You are making us feel like our grind is useless because anyone can just buy all the cosmetics anyway... Leaving dedicated players helpless
    its bull

• Dreamnomad

I think the fact that you get to choose which cosmetics you can unlock for free is actually quite generous. They don't owe us anything folks.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Dreamnomad said:
    I think the fact that you get to choose which cosmetics you can unlock for free is actually quite generous. They don't owe us anything folks.

Maybe besides the money we gave them for the DbD, and making an updates/event is a part of providing a support for the game.

• GrannyonAcid

@RSB said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Maybe besides the money we gave them for the DbD, and making an updates/event is a part of providing a support for the game.

Agreed. I really only like Billy, Doc, and Wraith.My Doc's level 1 so clearly not too excited about that. My Wraith I haven't touched in 2 years. So being able to get a Hillbilly skin for free is pretty sick in my eyes.

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

@not_Queen said:

Why was this not advised before today? I don't have a problem with cosmetics on the shop, I dont have a problem with these items being sold if they were honest about it from the get go, the the issue I have is that the past events everything which was teased was earnable while this time it feels like you purposely baited people to get hype up so they would spend money, it makes me feel very disappointed in what BHVR are turning into, it seems like intentional deception and I have lose respect for anyone that does this.

The expression Less is more comes to mind when it comes to trying to get money out of what has always been an event to earn things from.

The event was revealed today and they gave all the information today, prior to this was people pulling the info from game files with the patches, nothing was official about it until today.
  • Dreamnomad

@cats4bats said:

@not_Queen said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Tsulan said:
    OMG this community.

This is the one criticism I can agree with. The very second that the new skins were leaked, the devs should have been right on top of explaining how the cosmetics would be unlocked. The problem isn't that they made a bunch of cosmetics. Nor is it that only a couple of them will be able to be unlocked for free. The problem is the unrealistic expectations of players. Those expectations were predictable and could easily have been managed if they would have just been upfront. And that is their fault.