Never send me to Haddonfield.

Because I will somehow find the deadest deadzones in the most broken map in the game and die very loudly in them. Very, very loudly. To death.

Seriously, I have no idea how I've been managing it. It's like I am, personally, the Anti-Haddonfield. It started in the No-Bloodlust weekend and has been a recurring theme for the last few days. I would apologize to my teammates, but... Well, it's Haddonfield.

Comments

• vaal
    vaal Member Posts: 22

Haddonfield is op for survs, lul

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Lol, this is like how I just die on Ormond.

I know it’s meant to be survivor sided, but most of my matches in this map the killer stomps hard.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is why I also dislike haddonfield lol you don't know where the dead zones are until your there.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited November 2020

I love Haddonfied, as Spooky Myers anyway (Cracked Mirror+Boyfriend's Memo). There is a stretch of the main street where you can go up and down and read nearly all the Generators with just a little weave except for the extreme perimeter. I find it is pretty darn easy to get a 3-Gen setup there as the Survivors are easily run off from the center. There is enough terrain that I can sneak up on them everywhere but on the main street and when I have to chase there I just wait until PWYF is charged up. *Conversely, I HATE this map as Maniac Myers (any build going to Tier-3) because there are just too many loops and it is far too easy to lose the Survivors.

As a Survivor I tend to like Haddonfield, and let's be fair, we all know WHY.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

There are guarranted spawns you should be b lining to. If its a scenarip where these pallets are being expended by your team at a fast rate then the issue is likely elsewhere. Even then windows and fences function as absurd ways to get distance on this map. If your relying on pallets to protect you on haddonfield then your paying the map wrong.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Well here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Imagine doing a gen behind a house. The garage in front of the house sometimes spawns a pallet and sometimes it doesn't. This is the sort of scenario I'm talking about.

I've got over 3k hours so I definitely know the areas where pallets are guaranteed to spawn lol

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

Do you want to go to mobile Haddonfield.

It's map generation is broken so all you have to is go to myers house... Killers won't go there because of... Demon spawn of the upstairs loop that always spawns there.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248
    edited November 2020

Some tips:

There is often a god window at the basement stairs in Strode House. Turn like you're going to go down into the basement and you can fast vault the window. Sometimes it's closed though, so check it before you tie your fate to it.

The house with the lower level always has a super strong pallet at the bottom of the stairs and a fast vault at the top of one flight of stairs.

The houses usually have a god window on the second story towards the sides that don't lead to the balconies.

The parks in between the houses almost always have very strong tiles. Sometimes even two adjacent to each other.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Shouldn't you scout out the region for the closest pallet. I don't get this hop on a gen don't double check the usual spawns mentality. You can spent 8k hours on a game and still play sub optimally. Playtime does not equal skilled player. Its a solid indicator but if you develop a poor play pattern because you dont get punished then you can get less focused on improving. Back in ye olde double pallet spawn days I would get 4ks with pre-reworked freddy vs 2 k hour survivor players. Simply because they would misplay panic or do things that wouldn't normally get punished.

Back to the point always scout out the location of at least locate one easily accessible pallet. Don't mindlessly push gens without a contingency unless the situation is desperate. Side note stop doing safe gens first you should do risky earlier gens on Haddonfield first when you know someone was in chase.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited November 2020

On Ormond survivors still have to know the basics of looping and chaining tiles together effectively, it's not really a free win if the survivor doesn't know what they're doing unlike Haddonfield where your work is cut out for you by giving you 3 god loops in every house and a mind-blowing amount of fences.

Although Ormond does have those really weird Yamaoka tiles that I still don't know how to properly run as killer or survivor. I don't think anyone does lmao.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I’ll happily accept all of your Haddonfields

...you can have all my MacMillians

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dude/ette, I would totally take that. I have been getting Haddonfield offerings what feels like every third trial, and I just cannot stop ######### dying in the wierdest places. Seriously, I found a House of Pain that actually didn't spawn any pallets. I didn't even know that could happen! I know it's glitch, but still. I'll take the new, wierd, whacky MacMillians over that any day

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

It’s that opening piano theme... jus sucks me right in😌