Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

fix hillbilly, it's been over a year

Stale
Stale Member Posts: 37
edited May 2021 in Bug Reporting

Hillbilly has been messed up for almost a year now. Since the 3.7.0 update went live, a plethora of bugs were introduced to him despite no changes being made to him in the patch notes. While some of them were eventually fixed, the team never bothered to look into the change in animations and camera. Ever since the update, the animations when using the chainsaw have just felt off and very janky compared to how they use to be. The changes in animation are not new; they are broken and messed up. It's quite common now for chainsaw hits to look incredible weird and undeserved from a survivor's perspective. There have also been issues on Hillbilly's end. For example, when chainsawing a survivor vaulting a pallet, it will prioritize the pallet break over the hit almost every time no matter how you time it. There have also been a few cases where chainsawing a pallet will just make you bump rather than breaking it.

(Screenshots Taken from OhTofu's Videos)

(Pre 3.7.0)

(Post 3.7.0)

As shown above, the camera angle was changed for no reason whatsoever. While this may not seem like a huge deal at first, this change has made it so that a good majority of his weapons are barely visible on the screen now. This issue can be fixed with shadowborn or a stretched resolution.

Below are two clips showcasing the change in the first person chainsaw attack animation.

Clip of how chainsawing looked before the 3.7.0 update: https://streamable.com/6lu4ls

Clip of how chainsawing looks now: https://streamable.com/2g340r (Clip from Moody)

The difference is pretty clear; with the exception that shadowborn was being used.

I'm unable to go into detail about every single bug as it would take far too much time to gather proper evidence (comparing the animations), but it's baffling that this hasn't been solved despite all the time and reports that have gone by. These changes have caused a lot of people I know, including myself, to no longer enjoy playing this killer. If anyone is wondering why there aren't any billy mains left, this is why. I would just like for this to be acknowledged and/or to have some sort of priority if the devs are already aware.

Post edited by Stale on
34 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Stale

Not sure if you're allowed to bump reports but I don't want this getting buried. Added clips recently to show the difference.

• Stale

Revised the report and went a bit more in depth, now with pictures. pls fix bhvr ):

• Stale

Bump

• Stale

bumping this since he's still bugged

• GargledFire
    GargledFire Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2021

Billy will chainsaw through survivors if you saw into them as they start a pallet vault, breaking the pallet and canceling the vault animation for the survivor. He also can't hit survivors who are up against windows reliably anymore. Sometimes even bumping when you saw into the survivor still in the animation when a m1 would have hit.

BHVR might have reasons for the animation lock, but it really is an eyesore compared to how cool getting a chainsaw used to look.

• Stale

My only guess would be that it'd have something to do with space billy.

• GargledFire
    GargledFire Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2021

Possibly, I mean all the spots were patched and some other things were done behind the scenes like his bump state preventing acceleration or having some sort of gravity applied.

Wouldn't be unreasonable to think the animations and all that were changed without notice at a later date too. Would explain why these bugs aren't being fixed, they were meant to be behind the scenes changes or are bugs being accepted as the new normal.

• SAégis
    SAégis Member Posts: 99

billy is just a shadow of what he used to be sucks to be him

• Stale

I can understand an intentional change to the bump state in order to prevent people from doing the whole space billy thing. None of the spots were changed in any way aside from one on the hills as far as I know; so it makes sense. The rest is all speculation though. I don't see a reason as to why they'd intentionally make these other changes when they're so bad and then NOT make any announcement about it.

Alas, your guess is as good as mine. Bugs being accepted as the norm honestly sounds about right when it comes to these sort of things. Almost been a year now and I've yet to see any sort of acknowledgement from the devs in the posts I've made about it.

• Stale

bump

• Stale

sheeeeeeeeesh

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Sad that they’ve never said a word about this. Poor Billy.

• Stale

bump

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

I'm looking at the pictures and videos and honestly struggling to see the issue here.

• Stale

How exactly are you not able to see the issue here?

It's one thing that these changes were completely random and unannounced. The pictures were meant to show how the camera change affected the view on his weapon and how you can only see the very top of them now. There was no reason for this and it's frustrating not being able to see as much as you use to.

The chainsaw animation is pretty self explanatory... If you can't see the difference there and how poorly it looks now then I'm not sure what to tell you.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

It's so ridiculous that they still didn't fix this stuff. Poor Billy being left to rot.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

It's genuinely frustrating that this isn't even acknowledged.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

Oh, you want Billy to finally be fixed? Here, take 300k bloodpoints and a new cosmetic for just $15.

Seriously RIP Billy man. The nerf was one of the biggest mistakes ever made by BHVR on this game. They're just leaving him to rot.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    edited July 2021

Well, I found a thread about this on Steam from 06/2017 it looks like they changed his camera for better view because his hammer was covering too much screen but fov is still same.

Edit: Maybe it's not this situation, because you mentioned patch 3.7.0 and 3.7.0 was definitely not in 2017 but Hillbily get these silent changes before.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

What's irritating actually is that the devs KNOW about all of this because McLean went on saying that they were gonna fix this stuff in an official stream back in february, but it's classic of them to promise a bunch of stuff only to never deliver and forget talking about it.

This is the clip