What's something that was nerfed/removed that you miss?

Title. I miss the old hex ruin- the difficult skill checks. Imagine that with undying 😂 I remember survivors would throw away whole games just to get the ruin.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Kinda miss old Freddy. Never played him myself, only played against.

but i do think they could have reworked the power enough to make it healthier for the game. Maybe one day they might add a char with his old power and call him the Sandman or something.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

At first I missed old Ruin but it was only good against potatoes. Good players would just brute force it.

I kind of miss the lighting offerings, those were cool.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

Old Balanced Landing and blue hue MacMillan's

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Original Tinkerer. It used to be a power buffing perk.

Now it's a "get off my gen" perk that's boring to use and annoying to go against.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I miss old Freddy. He was one of the first killers I found success with as a baby killer at high ranks, as unbelievable as that sounds, and I never even needed to run old Ruin on him even when everyone ran Ruin all the time on every killer. Old green dress for reduced chances of getting skill checks and one of the drawings for insane power range and sniping survivors from afar... ah, to have good add ons.

He was fun and unfairly and harshly judged by the DBD hive mind that can never accept a dissenting opinion. Survivors would BM you all the time thinking you were doo-doo, which made it all the sweeter when you won. :D

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

I miss Deep Wounds actually being a threat. There was a point where you had to heal them or you would got down. now the time stops anytime you're running.

I miss old Freddy just a little bit because that build made more sense. if you're awake he can't hurt you in the movies so. though I do like the fake pallets in the dream world, they fit him perfectly.

I don't recall moris ever not needing at least one hook first, I could be wrong, I didn't paly at the very beginning

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247

P2P connection and showing killer ping in lobbies. The gameplay itself has been significantly worse since dedicated servers and crossplay came out. Killers who live on the moon have a significant advantage over someone like myself who lives on top of the NA East server. I can immediately identify a console killer or survivor by the herky jerky movement, hits from a mile away, or mysterious lack of a hitbox. The gameplay itself is so far down their list of priorities.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,268

Old Freddy, I'd buy a whole extra DLC just to play him. If the devs added an option/offering to play him again, I'd be really happy.

I rarely see Hillbilly at high ranks anymore, it's a shame because he was a really fun killer to play against.

The fact that I could actually talk to people after a match.

The look of the old Hex: Ruin skillchecks. I don't miss the perk that much, but the skilchecks looked really cool.

Now the only perk that causes red skillchecks is Autodidact :(

• SaltyRainbow
    SaltyRainbow Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2020

i miss the old billy. i dont really play him, but he was fun to go against.

his addons now are trash and that scream when he starts sprinting is awfull.

i also miss the old look of mc millan. the blue ink and lightning covered the decent grafik and gave it some personality... now it looks like a fan build it with a construction kit.

also old remember me could be fun...now its nerft into the ground and no one uses it.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Moonlight offerings. A lot of maps looked really cool and/or athmospheric with reduced or increased lightning, they were cool.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I never tried Old ruin maybe old thana

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Hex ruin you've been ruined </3

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

The moonlight offerings i really miss, a really dark map in any of the macmillan maps was always really creepy( but a pain in the ass if it was against Claudette 😂)

I also miss old prayer beads on spirit. Don't get me wrong, it was without a doubt broken as hell but I alway loved using it for jumpscares and gen grabs

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Old lery's and Macmillan

Billy's pre-butchered camera and animations, both 1st and 3rd person. Seriously BHVR... why did you even do this...

I miss not having the archives in my face literally every waking moment I'm not in a match. Now it pops up in the postgame screen, when I open the game, when I select a role, when I load into a queue after a game....it's so awful.

Old Freddy

You know what, I also miss old ruin skillchecks, I'm so bored doing gens now, and new ruin is just a dumb perk. Remember when they wanted to stay away from big synergies between perks? Yeeeah then undying and tinkerer happened...huh...

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

old fast vault angles

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited November 2020

Everything really. Moonlight offerings. Brand New Parts. Mori on first down. Being able to grab survivors out of the hatch if they waited for you by it. No window blockers after 3 vaults. Infinites. Fast vaulting from a complete stop. Old Hillbilly and Nurse.

I mean I get why they changed it, but infinites taught killers that maybe there are times when you should break chase and go for other survivors, like ones on gens.

Also most of all I miss the point pip system. Used to be you'd pip for getting 10k bloodpoints in a match. Now it has so many bells an' whistles.

Keep it simple. You kind of know what you're getting into when you start a trial up nowadays. Should you though?

I also miss the Saboteur meta where you'd get all hooks broken except for the ones in the basement so the killers had to run Iron Grasp/Agitation and survivors had to make a choice. Do you sabo all of the hooks, or do you really want to be making basement saves all game?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I miss Nurse before her rework. Get rid of her old add ons but I want the blink CD removed.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Old Ruin

it rewarded practice and skill while allowing or new players to find the totem

Now it’s just a boring regression perk, yippee

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Version 1.5.3 of Brand New Part.

I liked those back to back Skill Checks.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Old balanced landing and old instaheals as bs as they were.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I was coming in to say old pill bottle Freddy. Pill Bottle + Paint Brush was the ultimate hit-and-run experience back in the day.

Silent bell wallhack wraith can accomplish almost the same thing now, but it was always funny to see people who were falling asleep running in random directions because they had no idea where the attack was going to come from.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

Brown and yellow map offerings :(

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Old Billy, Oni on release, old ruin, p2p.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Old Balanced Landing.

But hey, Haddonfield is an alright Map for Killer now, eh?

• TheFreQiest
    TheFreQiest Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020

Wraith having having basekit bloodhound

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2020

Doc’s Iridescent King making Survivors in tier 3 Exhausted.

Sure, he doesn’t need it anymore because his rework made him a lot stronger, but it was so satisfying to hit a Survivor who kept relying on their Exhaustion perk to save them from outplays. On top of being really fun to use, it showed who was actually a good Survivor and who fell back on their perks.

Also I miss the old Adepts. Getting a double pip with a Killer you don’t play in red ranks with bad to decent perks (most of the time) can be hell. If it’s intended to be a challenge, then it’s a badly designed one because challenges also need to be fun. Only having to kill everyone was fun but not a cakewalk.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Unrelenting.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Old nurse. Don't mind some of her addons being gone, but with her cooldown, i see a lot less nurse games these days and I used to love going against her.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Old Freddy. I never really played as him, but it was fun going against him. Constantly being exposed (as in literally exposed, not DbD's 1-shot mechanic)? Choosing between him knowing where you are or regressing a generator that little bit extra? The falling asleep mindgames? I wish they had buffed Old Freddy instead of taking him out back and beating him to death with fake pallets, snares and gen teleportation.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Old Freddy.

Some days I really REALLY want to play as old Freddy.

• skyguys
    skyguys Member Posts: 67

I miss the variable rarity perks. I like having my green perks mixed with my purple perks. Now it's all purple and boring to look at :(

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited November 2020

When legion couldn't get stbfl stacks in frenzy anymore and og class photo

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Tie between old borrowed time and vacuum pallets

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

I still miss the button we had that let you quick switch between killer and survivor. Close second is being able to switch killers while in queue.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

prenerf billy

prenerf basekit nurse

prerework thana

3 min hook sabo respawn times

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

old hillbilly it makes me cry thinking about it

and also be able to change killers when loading into a match

• NotTheCosmo
    NotTheCosmo Member Posts: 25

Pig before all the nerfs

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

pre-nerfed basekit Nurse

old Ruin

being able to change killers in the lobby

Kate's original P3 head

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I still win a lot of my Hillbilly matches but 4.4 Hillbilly is a real bummer. Wish they’d rework his addons to not have downsides and Black Grease to just increase cooling for every flashlight held by a survivor instead of being touched by it. Like be better than the yellow cooling addon at least.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

So much soooo so much!! 🐷💔

Am I am going to be hated for my choice on this and people will be like what is wrong with you 😂

I miss prayer beads on spirit not to use myself but to play against... yes it was extremely busted but used to scare me silly lol

🐷💖

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Yeah I miss playing in a sabo squad and we'd 99 all the hooks 😂

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

I missed old hangman trick.

To be able to reuse sacrificed hook was great.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

I miss LT wall pallets

• mellonjoy9994
    mellonjoy9994 Member Posts: 3

New moon bouquet 😥

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2020

Freddy w/ Jump Rope, Kid's Drawing

Barbeque & Chili / Distressing / Thanatophobia / Pop Goes The Weasel

It was a great way to farm bloodpoints 🤣🤣🤣