I wish Bamboozle would get reworked

Options
nursewannabe
nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

In my own opinion, I feel like bamboozle is too strong and in some cases it can carry killers. Think of all the times somebody wouldve escaped or prolonged the chase if it hadn't been for bamboozle. I dont find it a very skillful perk. All you have to do is click a button and get a free entity blocker. Chases are reduced by at least 10 seconds. I feel like if u had to use bamboozle, you played the loop wrong. It's like the dh argument. Doesnt take much effort for the reward you get.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

Honestly if anything it needs a buff, every window for duration of the chase...

If u get bamboozled u gotta find a different loop it's not that hard, i been playing survivor very little compared to killer but I already reached red ranks, looping is way too easy once u get the hang of it, once u loop the killer for 4minutes all 5 gens (can) pop depending how bad ur teammates are, I think my max is a 12minute loop but unfortunately teammate didn't wanna do last gen so he hid for 12 min in corner of map lol.

Bamboozled is great to get the survivor to find another loop in case the killer feels the current loop is too long, play as killer a bit and go in chases against red ranks and you'll see what I mean

Ps: survivor isn't meant to be able to escape the killer u know he should get at least 1 hook before all gens are done but realistically if u have 3 teammates working on gens 4minutes and game over for the killer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,661
    Options

I would not say it is too strong, but I would compare it to Bloodlust - a band-aid fix which does not really have a purpose anymore. Bamboozle was a band-aid fix to strong Window Loops, but those are mostly gone. And now it is just used to make mindgameable structures easier to play.

But normally, a Killer who is using Bamboozle (except maybe for Bubbas, since it is also really beneficial for them) is most of the time not as good at Chasing like a Killer who does not run it. If you just vault the Window of a T/L-Wall instead of learning how to mindgame those, you will not improve.

So it is more a Perk which teaches bad habits than a Perk which is too strong. I would not have anything against a Rework, but on the other hand, I dont think that Bamboozle is that much of a problem.

The only thing that bothers me is that they reduced the Range of the Sound Notification when the window gets blocked, because sometimes you cannot hear it at all. Quite an unnecessary Buff IMO.

• nursewannabe
    Options

Honestly didn't expect you to agree with this. Also it baffles me how people complain about any killer perks except that one single perk that makes chases completely full and boring.

• nursewannabe
    Options

If you need bamboozle to win the chase, if I were you I'd reconsider how skillful you are.

And the ps is simply wrong. The survivor is meant to win the chase if he plays better than you. The killers role is to kill, that of the survivor is to SURVIVE

Completely agree with @Aven_Fallen

Also, this was just a copypasta of the DH thread

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

You've obviously never been against good survivors and infinite loops lol

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 405
    Options

The goal of bamboozle is to force survivors to play differently than usual

You can't loop the shack because of bamboozle? That's too bad, change your playstyle then

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

The survivor isnt meant to win the chase when he is the better player. Its not a 1vs1. The killer needs to be stronger by default. Some tiles let you question that but thats not the point. To win the chase a survivor needs to be a lot better than the killer. Or what do you mean with winning a chase?

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Only really affects infinite vault loops, just go to a different loop

• DrHg
    DrHg Member Posts: 37
    Options

casdasdas

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    edited November 2020
    Options

It does need a buff. One window is not very powerful. It can certainly help but it’s kind of useless in some jungle gyms. If you’re relying on that one window in one loop, well, I don’t really have to say it.

Post edited by Ghouled_Mojo on
  • bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    Options

I don't find strong windows very skillful either should they also be nerfed

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

I agree. Sometimes, going to another loop isn't an option. It's a brain-dead perk that allows the killer to avoid learning how to run tiles and instead just get free entity blocker as someone else stated. This is especially shown when a Leatherface or Billy uses it. That being said though, strong windows like the Asylum ones on main building need to be changed as well.