Saboteur Change / Buff / Idea

Options

I was playing very long with saboteur before the devs changed it. I loved it as suvivor and i hated it as killer. It was basically way to strong and i can accept that. It needed a change and i'm fine with this change, but i don't like the current status of this Perk. Basically all perks of Jake (except iron will maybe) are very weak and i feel kind sorry for him.
So I was thinking alot about this change of saboteur, because it can be really strong, but i think saboteur needs a change.

My idea is to make it "kind of" like Decisive Strinke ( even though Decisive is way to strong itself, but maybe the idea can be changed a bit ). Depending on the Tier of the perk ( for example 70% Tier 1, 85% Tier 2 and 100% Tier 3 ) you can use Saboteur once to destroy a Hook.

So basically the idea behind is to try to use Saboteur more like a "bodyblock" and run infront of the killer to destroy a hook before he can hook someone.
The big problem i have with it is, that if more than one Survivor has it, the Killer really can suffer by it, so maybe it can be a Obsession Perk. Another problem is how to use it toolboxes or using it to destroy traps of the Trapper. Well i don't think many player use it to destroy traps from the Trapper, so maybe it can be removed ( Trapper is weak anyway so it would help him a bit, plus there would be space for more new addons, because nobody can destroy traps anymore). And toolboxes can be used normal after you used Saboteur, so the survivor can use it on hooks and gens without any faster speed.

This is just a idea and i'm not sure if this could help saboteur, because maybe it is way to strong after this change. I'm really interested about ideas of other survivor / killer players.

Comments

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

You can already do that, it's called 99%ting hook

• Puschel
    Puschel Member Posts: 4
    Options

Yes but 99% the hooks means that you have to waste alot of time doing the hooks, which nobody does, because it is too risky.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

It's a good idea. Killers still have plenty of hooks to choose from (or they can just drop the survivor and pressure the team), so it's not close to be DS, yet be more powerful. However, Saboteur needs to go back to "stop" gens from being the only objective, and your idea doesn't take that fact into account. But it's still a buff I would like to see in the game meanwhile.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The main issue about your idea is pretty simple :
    ALL obsession perks from killers, do not make the obsession to actually die faster (except for Dying light, which is super weak.)
    Making the survivor to be the obsession for using saboteur would be useless unless they make being obsession an actual DOWNSIDE rather than a simple bonus (aka "Yay, I can use DS easily!)

About saboteur itself, right now it's in the current state :
    It can be useful if you're solo using it, but it's very likely a waste of time.
    It can actually be useful if your whole team uses it, mostly via SWF, then it can become a real pain and is mostly used to troll and bully along with unbreakable and geared survs.

Saboteur could use some rework, but I'm quite not sure what it should be tbh since No Mither and Unbreakable are now a thing, along with the "stand under pallet without vacuum grab" update that will come live soon.

• Puschel
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Soren I think saboteur can't change the fact, that survivor will go for gens instead of going for other objectivs. Many rank one survivor did understand that it is the easiest way to pip / to escape by just rushing gens. Saboteur for them is no option because it will not give them an advantage at the moment. So, why should they go for a hook if they can rush to gens. Sure there has to be a change somehow to make them do something else than gens, but i don't think saboteur itself can change something at the genrush problem.

• Puschel
    Options

@Runiver I was only saying, that it should be a obession perk, because if more than one survivor is using it, the killer will really suffer by it. So with Saboteur as a obsession perk, only one survivor will have it easier and like the other survivors have to acutally use saboteur longer to break it.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Puschel said:
    @Runiver I was only saying, that it should be a obession perk, because if more than one survivor is using it, the killer will really suffer by it. So with Saboteur as a obsession perk, only one survivor will have it easier and like the other survivors have to acutally use saboteur longer to break it.

Hm would be allright then. +1