To those who complain about survivor queue times

Zagrid
Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
  1. Its not a problem with the game its a problem with the community. There are too many survivors queuing compared to killers. So telling BHVR to "fix the queue times" it useless.
  2. You want to know why everyone plays survivor compared to killer? Killer is 1000x more stressful and 1000x less fun compared to survivor games. Especially compared to survivor SWF games.
  3. If you don't like long queues go help the problem by playing killer. Or keep playing survivor and t bag every killer at the exit gates. Soon they will swap to survivor too and your queues will keep getting longer.

Survivors wonder why their queues are so long when the match before hand they 4 man escape against a clown with no add ons while using the exact build of Dead hard, DS, Unbreakable, and borrowed time. And rub every second chance in his face, t bagging and pointing along the way.

TLDR. Killer is unfun and stressful so no one plays it. So there are too many survivors for too few killers.

Comments

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

I main survivor only because it's the only way I can play a game with my girl without it being the lackluster 1v1 of KYF.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

I don't know about everyone other region, but I know for the Australian and New Zealand servers, queue times are instant for survivor in the morning and take about 10-15 minutes at night. And vice versa for killer.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Gosh that Text, calm down cutie. Just don't take a game to serious, If you can't then sry but get gud.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Surv main here in purple-red ranks. 5-10 secs to start a game. Sorry, your theory is not good

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129

It also depends on the region tbh. Where I live, survivor queue times are instant in the morning/afternoon and at night killer queues are the insta ones.

I can see where u r going that killer is stressful, but if u play a killer u like with a reliable build that u also like it should be fine. I play both roles almost equally (I do play survivor a little bit more, because I don’t have yet all the builds I want for killer) and find both relaxing.

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

Same in europe at least for me. I think more ppl who like to play with friends have work or other stuff to do and at evening more free time.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

What about a couple months ago when the survivor queues were near instant and the killer queues were 3+ minutes? Has the balance significantly changed since then?

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’d like to add that it’s not just simply a lack of killers during peak periods (although that is indeed a factor).

It’s also that 4 man and 3 man teams clog the queues as well. I’m not saying they’re bad. Just that when you have solos and 2 man teams waiting for free spots in the queues, they’re inevitably going to be waiting a long time.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

>1.Its not a problem with the game its a problem with the community. There are too many survivors queuing compared to killers. So telling BHVR to "fix the queue times" it useless.

Yes it is a problem with game, each match need five players, 4 survivors and 1 killer, so there's always a good chance of there being more survivors than killers. the biggest problem is the matchmaking system and rank distribution of survivors vs the rank distribution of killers, there are many red rank survivors and few red rank killers due to how easy it is to rank up as survivors vs how perfect you have to be as killer. Another issue is SWF matchmaking, usually SWF will have different ranks and the game just eventually goes [muh bad word] it and match them with the first killer they can find (the dev tried an MMR system but it failed, i have heard no news about it since then).

>2.You want to know why everyone plays survivor compared to killer? Killer is 1000x more stressful and 1000x less fun compared to survivor games. Especially compared to survivor SWF games.

that's an issue with the game.

>3.If you don't like long queues go help the problem by playing killer. Or keep playing survivor and t bag every killer at the exit gates. Soon they will swap to survivor too and your queues will keep getting longer.

Toxicity while more common in survivors is still present with killers.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    edited November 2020

That is a bunch of malarkey.

Killers win every game because it is now too easy.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Yeah it's those darn entitled survivors' faults! As a killer main I am way too oppressed and stressed while playing this game, so I will also come to the forums and make a generalized insult to over half the playerbase because they literally all run ds and unbreakable and t-bag everyone, right? That's why the queues are so bad after all!

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

More people queuing with friends?

Killer is definitely the role to play if you want to win consistently.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I think it is also caused by the tome. There are more survivor challenges than there are killer. I also go through my killer challenges much faster since I can decide my entire role for that match. When I do surtvivor challenges I either have to compete against 3 people or get someone to work with me. So not only do I have more surivor challenges they tend to take longer causing me to queue up more often.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Digging out other comments, but I'm the one taking this to serious...

Sure, whatever you say buddy.

Now excuse me, I've to play a round of civilization. :)

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Huh?

bloodlust was put into the game for infinites. That existed 3-4 years ago. There are zero infinites in this game. YouTube what an actual infinite looked like. Bloodlust is not needed in 2020-2021

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

That's not the same, I know the game good enough to see that the game goes a horrible way with all this survivor nerfs because survivor Play sometimes too well and... IF a Killer lose it's against "OP perks, Swf"....

Just wanted to make sure the game will not die because of all this map and survivor nerfs.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Don't forget the "Fun Bus" (Open window bus) was a true infinite during the no bloodlust weekend.

Not even counting the house of pain on haddon field/Springwood or any of the mariad of pseudo/semi infinites on most maps.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

your definition of fun is probably being part of a toxic SWF .

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Where were these threads when killer queues were 5+mins no matter region or time?

There hasn't been 1 single real nerf to killers since billy, they made the game easier for killers each patch. First with all the map reworks where yeah they added breakable walls that takes 2,5secs to break at the cost of 2 pallets. They added breakable walls to badham making those godpallets mindgamable and way weaker, they made pallets way unsafer than ever. They made yamaoka pallets with the same value of hawkins ones with the difference that hawkins has 20+ pallets while yamaoka 8+

Complaining about balance right now clearly shows how some players idea of balance is 4k or nothing so if those players are leaving just because they can't get what they want fair enought, they'll find another game where to complain because i doubt they'll ever find a game they truly like

• Freddy96

Plus they added undying that wheter you like it or not is the killer's equivalent of ds+ub.

• Freddy96

Oh it's not right because the killer can use whatever he wants since he's the power role and has to be scary and all this fancy stuff.

People that use undying and ruin are on the same level of those that use ds+ub using perks that play the game for you.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

The community isn't some amorphous hive mind of the same 4 players teabagging you at every Decisive Strike, pallet loop and exit gate.

Like I completely agree with you but you're exacerbating the problem by adding all this in. It's definitely a large portion of players who do that who are causing killers to quit for the day or swap to survivor, but it feels disingenuous to act like all survivors do this. I know I certainly don't and I look down on any survivors in game who do that.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited November 2020

It is a generalisation from both sides. All survivor are toxic teabagger and all killer are camping/tunneling. Both sides always run ds+ub or ruin+undying.

The thing is extremes always stay longer in our memory than normals.

• Freddy96

I don't care they can keep whatever they want and players can use whichever perk combinations they want, but acting like killers are are some kind of martyr or playing the victim card whining about imaginary survivor sided devs when they're doing everything each patch to make killer's game easier and giving strong perks like undying just shows how selectively blind some players can be.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Nurse, Spirit, Slinger, Pyramid Head: Exist

Survivors: Nerf please

You ask me sounds like survivor's can't stand a challenge from killer's that force survivor's to play differently, but when they actually get nerfed and disappear y'all wonder what happened to the killer community and their player's for example Nurse and Billy main's are ancient relics of the past now

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Speaking for myself, yeah I play survivor when I want easier more relaxing games.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Not in my region! In my region it's mostly Spirit, Slinger, Freddy, Trapper and Doctor. I haven't seen Nurse in almost a month and a half.

• Freddy96

Personal experience can't be used to define the game's status. Devs gave us very clear stats that show that nurse is the third most played killer and that's not even debatable

• Freddy96

Indeed, playing killer today is way easier than it has ever been. If you disagree i'd like to know any patch where playing killer was easier than now

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

It's so weird how the community(and I suppose the general population if we wanna pull it into real life for a moment) is influenced by such a small minority of players.