The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Crashing on Xbox one now!?

Funcle1983
Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

Is anyone else having the issue where the game loads, freezes and then crashes on Xbox one? I remember this being an issue a few months back, but I thought it got fixed. I’ve had it 3 times today and have lost some pretty good offerings and equipment- not to mention the matchmaking ban when I didn’t disconnect. Anyone else seen this, is there a fix?

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• honeyboi
    honeyboi Member Posts: 10

I actually get this too I think at 7:55 P.M I loaded into a game but then the game almost finishes turning around my character but then it literally goes brrrrrrrr and the entire game crashes but my console does not. Im on my Xbox one S that I got a little over a year ago. This might just be my Xbox but then I play Friday the 13th and that doesn't crash. I've also played some COD and it also didnt crash. I am afraid of the DC penalty it haunts my dreams. I am in Texas

• Funcle1983
    Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

This is the exact thing that happens to me! No other games crash for me, this is the only game!

• IrishLuv
    IrishLuv Member Posts: 11

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as killer or survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, match begins, does the 360 view spin

Step 4 : Screen freezes with buzzing/skipping sound for several seconds, game crashes entirely to Xbox home screen

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• As killers: Doctor and Pig
    • As Survivors: Claudia and Meg
    • Multiple maps
    • Frequency of the issue: often enough that the DC penalty is at 30 minutes now. Thanks for that.

Can I have all my money back if I'm not allowed to play the game because your algorithm doesn't recognize crashes vs rage quitting?

I paid in good faith for a USABLE game. Not for a brick taking up space on my machine.

• IrishLuv
    edited November 2020

Happened again - another 30 minute ban. This one was on a different console, so it isn't a hardware issue.

You guys should really consider turning off the DC penalty system until you get this fixed. We dealt with rage quitters leaving matches on us for years, a few more weeks won't deter us. But being continuously punished for things we have no control over will.

• IrishLuv

It's no hardware issue. Both my consoles do it. It's their game again. So I'm spending my frequent subsequent 30 minute bans complaining to them.

• BigWeeWee
    BigWeeWee Member Posts: 64

For some reason DBD will crash every now and then, completely random and will happen both with survivor and killer when loading into a game. Apart from it always happening after you gain control of your character there doesn't seem to be any correlation (Could possibly be new graphically overhauled maps?).

• IrishLuv

Another 15 min ban. Didn't crash at all yesterday for some reason, but now it's back.

• Miralis
    Miralis Member Posts: 171

Man same, been happening ever since 4.2.2 and 4.3.0. Im glad im nit the only one. Its a random glitch and happens at a random interval. My game could crash 5 times in a row and then not crash at all for 8 hours or even a day. Hopefully the devs fix this #########.

• Miralis

Yes abaolutely. This has been an issue ever since the Macmillian estate for me as well. Im also on xbox. My game will crash right as i regain controle of my character at random. Meaning the game will crash 6 times in a row to it working fine for 8 hours. Hopefully they fix this soon.

• Miralis

Hey guys ive been having the same issue. Been doing this ever since 4.2.2 and 4.3.0. The game will freeze after the map intro and crash to xbox dashbored. It isnt my xbox as i can run cold war for more than 10 hours without a single crash. Hopefully they are fixing this.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

This never got fixed. Its been going on for a while. I have to make extra accounts to keep playing. Otherwise I would just be ban for DC'ing.

Idk why the devs won't do anything about it. Wish they would just say something.