My Biggest Problem with the Event (Hallowed Blight Limited Time)

Options
Sabor44
Sabor44 Member Posts: 39
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Greetings everyone, like many of you I logged onto Reddit or the forums to see what exciting things would be waiting for us in the upcoming event. I can honestly say the cosmetics are amazing, the story is interesting, there is a clear amount of effort, and I can say I am pretty darn happy with everything they have done. I won't lie I am a bit annoyed that I can only earn one outfit; without a doubt Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would have gladly spent hours upon hours grinding whatever ridiculously high bar they may have set to achieve my badges of war. However what really bothers me more than anything else is that these outfits are going to be available forever.

I understand many people cannot play during the event or that they do not have time to grind hours and hours for cosmetics, but personally I am OK with that. I cannot always make it to an event in real life because of work or I will miss some cool cosmetic in game because i was just shy of reaching a goal due to time constraints. That is what makes those cosmetics special though, something that you can look at that encourages people to try harder during the next event or urges veterans to keep playing to have something to work for and be proud of. It takes a bit away from the awe factor if anyone can just dump money onto a cosmetic at any given point in time without so much as playing one match. Much like Overwatch, or World of Warcraft what makes the event fun and motivates people to play it, is that the Halloween themed items are ONLY available once a year and if you want them you need to play the game during that time. If you cannot it is OK! They are only cosmetics and you are not missing out on anything that will make you a better player.

This is my personal opinion though and I would love to hear yours. If you personally think anyone should be able to get access to these items any time of year please let me know below.

Comments

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    They should of made victorian store items the event items. Then should of made hallowed blight the store chapter items. First year out of 4 when can't grind halloween to fullest.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Like things free, do you?
    It's a virtual set of clothes for virtual characters in a virtual world. If you cannot get it (although two weeks is plenty), well... I think you'll still do fine.
  • Sabor44
    Sabor44 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    It's a virtual set of clothes for virtual characters in a virtual world. If you cannot get it (although two weeks is plenty), well... I think you'll still do fine.
    You completely missed my point or did not read my post at all. What I said was is that the Halloween items should only be available once a year. I do not care if they are paid for or earned free.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@George_Soros said:

We will still do fine not playing the game at all too. How is that an argument :lol:

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

@George_Soros said:

Congratulations, you just completely ignored / not read at all the OP's post....

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options
    100% agreed!
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Sabor44 said:
    You completely missed my point or did not read my post at all. What I said was is that the Halloween items should only be available once a year. I do not care if they are paid for or earned free.
    I read it very superficially, yeah and then made a dumb comment about it. Sorry.
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I personally feel that what really takes the wind out of their sales is the fact that there's really no distinction between during and after the event. If you could grind and unlock all the cosmetics during the event (even if "all" meant 2 or 3 items instead of 21) I wouldn't have a problem with people having to pay for them once the event is over. I feel like that still makes the event special. But the fact that you have to pay for most of them regardless, just makes it feel like a Halloween skin pack masquerading as a community event.