Thanks for destroy ormond

Options

There is nothing to do, the map is empty, there are no pallets and the few that there are are unsafe

Β«13

Comments

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I am not surprised, if there is nothing. even a pentium move that map now

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Macmillan works just for me, and it's distance fog is normal.

You sure it's not just a system performance issue?

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

I'm yet to play on Otmond, but honestly friend I think you're exaggerating. Give it time you'll learn the new loops

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited December 2020
    Options

He commented this (the OP) on another post and quickly edited it to cover it up, if only I got a screenshot.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Oh no what am I going to do now?

I don't have a ######### load of pallets anymore and can't mindlessly throw pallets down everytime.

This is so terrible that they made the map more balanced now, cause we don't want that.

We want to be in control and bully the killer all game and letting know how trash they are while we are gods, even though the map was so broken.

But we're not saying that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options

So glad they did it, in that map killers had no hope of winning, even the best killer players would lose against bad survivors simply because map was carrying them.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Now we just need them to destroy haddonfield and dbd will be better.

Haddonfield is currently bugged, welcome infinites again hopefully you get removed soon.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

Just played a game, new map looks alot more fair

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

The map has always had weird quirks.

Its original borderline unplayable frame rate was due to the old snowplow of all things so that tile ended up being removed which made the map playable but still having frame rate issues.

So the fog causing frame rate issues on that map specifically somehow doesn't surprise me.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Originally I was mostly referring to autohaven's distance fog, I should have clarified that.

I havn't been getting any major frame drops on ormond, aside from the minor hitch here and there.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Really?

That's a dream come true!

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

I agree, I mean i would hate hawkins but it's got plenty of pallets to make up for how unsafe they are so I don't usually have a problem with it.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

My biggest issue with Ormond aside from the ugliness, fps drops, and amount of rock loops was simply how far apart the generators were along with the general spacing of objects. I enjoyed old Pale Rose (261 tiles) as killer. I do not enjoy Ormond at all.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I played on it as survivor, felt fine. Half decent, not as many safe pallets and such but we all escaped easily enough. Didn't seem that bad to me and it looked pretty cool.

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2020
    Options

Ya the maps they reworked were made empty its a deadzone for most of these new maps about 60% of these maps are deadzone and only the gen areas have protection the lense is wider on the new maps and the camera angle is lower and characters seem shorter and fatter they put random stuff in shacks and made em much tighter spaces i mean they look great just need to have that good dbd flow survivors need their own character unique powers and stats something similar to what killers have

• DopamineRush
    DopamineRush Member Posts: 1
    Options

Haddonfield next!

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175
    Options

yes! is it Christmas already?

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

No.

Killers would just find something else to whine about.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Ormond is beautiful to look at now. I love the way you can see the wind blow. Makes it feel very cold and desolate. Total thumbs up!

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020
    Options

There is such a comical overabundance of survivors. So we aren't at risk of that.

There are a LOT of survivor sided maps, and there is still a single map realm that survivors can force. Its just wild to think that survivors will quit en-mass because they have to DOWNGRADE to Haddonfield or Farms.

If your solo, large maps actually are good because solos should be avoiding being the looper and should focus a bit more on stealth (Not going full immersed obviously, but trying to hide when the killer is near rather than starting a chase) so they can ensure they aren't the first on the hook and maintain control of the game.

SWF who want to loop... have map control. So you don't have a chance to get sent to Ormond unless the killer burns a map ward, or uses an Ormond offering themselves, meaning you still have a great chance for your preferred map because you outnumber them.

Ormond was actually a problem for the killer population. It was a negative and the fact it was by far the favored map offering indicated a huge issue in balance. And it isn't even just survivor sided, it was the worst kind of survivor sided where you had the worst of all worlds: a large map, a powerful and huge central building, lots of safes of both the high wall (So ranged and stalker killers could be screwed) and low wall (so you can't be mindgamed if it isn't a huntress, slinger, myers, or ghostface) types.

There was something learned about map design with Ormond: A larger map should NOT mean more pallets evenly distributed, because pallet distance while relevant isn't as critical as pallet count, and large maps inherently are survivor sided because of longer gen patrol times and a harder time tri-genning. So you balance a large map by cutting it into smaller chunks, which means deliberate deadzones around safe areas, so that resources are sorta sectioned off. Another option is to increase the number of unsafe pallets that can buy a single hit and distribute them around evenly, but reduce safes so that you burn resources faster, but that would maintain the old problem where you can just get sent on a grand tour of loops on Ormond and lots of pallets are frustrating for rookie killers (who should not be balanced around, but who DO matter and choices that reduce their NPE are good for the game).

Ormond is better because it rewards a different style of play while still having clear advantages for survivors (You ever manage to succesfuly do a stealth run vs Doc with all 4 living in a solo game? Happened in Ormond literally today to me, it was a miracle half the survivors didn't even have madness 1 at purple ranks!) but isn't just a miserable experience for killers anymore. There is a clear upside and downside for both sides, meaning the map is fair, but still heavily affects the game compared to going to say... the Estates, or Farm.

Which obviously means it isn't good enough for survivors because they can still force an unfair map, but hey its progress.

Post edited by dezzmont on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

Exactly. IMO many unsafe Pallets are better to play as a few safe Pallets. Make up for better gameplay (if Bloodlust would not be a thing, but eh), since Killers dont have to autokick every Pallet and Survivors cannot run out of Pallets because one person dropped them all on their first chase.

(As long as those unsafe Pallets are not TOO unsafe of course... Stuff like the Temple of Purguation Pallets in the basement of the Temple (before the Gen is done) are not good either)

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

I still didn't get new ormond as killer. Are the scratch marks finally visible?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

No, if anything they’re more difficult to see than they were before unfortunately. This update made the map super bright so scratch marks and auras are a little more difficult to make out.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I haven't seen anybody point it out, but isn't it just so bright? Not base, but once a gen in the area is popped, it becomes a spotlight. Get a series of gens in one area going, and you have the sun.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

Are you the blight we "bullyed" Yesterday on old Ormond?

(It's me one of the 3 Claud's and the 1 Legend Tapp)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

New Ormond has some nice visual aesthetics. Some.

It also has spots with nearly blinding bright lights. And scratch marks still suck ass. Not to mention the poor FPS.

The RNG sent me to Ormond over and over and over again today, just locked on repeat. I am already sick of new Ormond. Meanwhile, I only saw Autohaven twice.

• CJCA915
    CJCA915 Member Posts: 56
    Options

I never had issues on the old Ormond as killer, but I love the gfx update version 😁