Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Ormond/Autoheaven

CdtTaylor
CdtTaylor Member Posts: 7
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's such a bad rework/update to both of the maps not only the fact that you can see the killer from 2000m away and he can do the same...the loops and pallets are gone literally only 2-3 safe pallets medium safe pallets let's say on the entire map+the space between loops/jungle gyms it's also huge.I get that Ormond was op against normal killers(and good against mori/campers or tunnelers) but still this rework totally destroyed these 2 maps..VOTE UP for a further rewiev and maybe another rework.

Just for your knowledge:-I play both survivor and killer!

-I have over 1.5k hours.(Not much but I can have an opinion and I played this game before all reworks of the maps)

-A decent/pro well organised SWF can still dominate on these maps (but for solo queue or medium experienced players it's kinda impossible if the killer is playing decent)

-Vote up so maybe we can flag a problem and devs can review/rework what mistake was done!

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333
    edited December 2020

I've played on a few of the new Autohaven variants and don't care too much for them. Played one match in Ormond so far, didn't care for it either, but it was slightly more bearable than new Autohaven. I do not like the giant stone wall that seemingly does more harm than good for survivors.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

they increased the size of the debris in the auto havan maps so seeing across them is harder than it was before (looking at you blood lodge)

and ormond is not that bad i suggest you use windows of opportunity until you learn the spawning patterns in the map

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

the foliage/trees outside the map are missing, without them the map looks very bright and open and it feels a bit like a level floating in space :(

There is no fog as well, just a giant open space, I can see survivors from FAR away

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

In my experience today, Autohaven was just empty. It might've just been bad luck, but there was a severe lack of pallets on the map. I was on Gas Heaven, and the only pallets on the map were on the edges in very obscure locations due to the lighting. Not to mention, some parts of the map are completely empty except for a rock and a few trees.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im Trapper main, so Im learning the new map real hard, though I only have 5 Autoheaven map offering and used them all (4 into resting place, 1 into wrecker shop)

I dont have friend playing this game, I may need someone to help me learning the other 4 maps of AutoHeaven realm. Before I give my opinion on the updated Autoheaven

• Droogs
    Droogs Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2020

This was my experience as well. It also felt like a helicopter with a spotlight was following me around, because the lighting was so bright. The ground resembled polished concrete, so even though it was an outdoor map, it felt like I was in a mostly empty warehouse.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

the new maps are disgusting.. maybe i should play overwatch instead from now on

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

well i love the new map reworks

• CdtTaylor

Strongly agree they created such huge dead zones without any pallets/tiles!

• CdtTaylor

Again I strongly agree with this dude!Terrible reworks lately idk why are they making the maps this way..

• Grim_Grimz
    Grim_Grimz Member Posts: 70

new ormond is still just as bad accessibility wise for colorblind players. the spawn chance for this map being increased rn is pulling me away from playing killer along with so many bugs ngl. honestly that white wind/breeze that randomly blows through messes with attempting to follow scratch marks at a distance.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

Love the new maps

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

Ormond is great as survivor- chases feel like chases rather than ninja warrior courses.

Genuinely had a lot of fun on the map so far!

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

I've played on a few of these maps and they're just awful.

I've liked the other reworked maps, but these maps are weird. It feels like a sparse map with nothing on it.

Was this intended??

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

it looks like a testing map, not something oozing with horror atmosphere like the other maps... just an open space with tiles scattered around

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

I played few games in both and i can tell visually it's such a dang good job ! Especially on Ormont, it looks so incredible, the snow, the mist that comes with it and just the simple touch that tie everything together : the wind effect. <3

I also like the new Autohaven, played on yard and lodge, visually it's stunning but i have such a hard time understanding the tiles now, even as killer i don't know what is what and i can't see if there is a pallet or no ^^ I guess i'll get use to it but it's more difficult to acclimate than on macmillan because the color scheme of pallet is closer to autohaven green than any other map (except maybe swamp)

As for the playing side of the rework, i just need to get used to it but Ormont seems a lot more balanced than before with few more real unsafe pallets and a labyrinth main building ^^ (even with Windows of Opportunity i couldn't figure out where i should go while running upstairs ahah)

Overall a big thumb up from me !

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

It used to seem that there was maybe one or two gens per match that spawned in dead zones, but last night I played on one of the Autohaven maps (don't remember which ones, one was Yard, I believe) and I was just grateful to have Sprint burst because there were SO many gens next to absolutely nothing worthwhile.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I tried using my rather pricy Murky Reagent and was lucky enough to get an AutoHaven map. The results were pitiful. You almost had to squint to see tiny plumes of dark. Certainly did nothing to affect visibility.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

the trade off is having to take longer to patrol gens, how is it fair that the killer has to deal with that and good pallets? that was what old ormond was and it was survivor favoured AF. also there are still pallets within distances to gens and you can run early if you spot the killer don't act like pallets are the only thing important in map design.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

You both have fairly new posts, definitely agreeing with an alt account

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

So far I did not notice anything bad on new Ormond. The Map looked alright to me.

Autohaven on the other hand has some really huge deadzones. Like, there are only trees, not even Rocks, let alone Pallets or Windows. Survivors need something to work with, I am not asking for a lot of Jungle Gyms, but nothing except for Trees is not really useful.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Balanced map, felt really outplayed by getting hit on this pallet.

Survivor sided devs x0,25

• CdtTaylor

Lol no I just never felt to create one and in general I don't like to talk about updates or etc because some people are attacking you so hard and are so frustrated on someone who has having different opinion than theirs...that's why I always wanted to doge that kind of things..(having both new acc might be a coincidence).

• CdtTaylor

I found 2-3 "loops" like that on ormond yesterday...it's insane :( A guy that I played against last night said that "you can mind game them"...yea man sure mindgame literally a pallet that has almost no objects beside it to make the looping as you say 0.25 xD

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I haven't had the chance to play a lot on the new maps but I quite like the map reworks, other than the breakable walls of course. They're visually stunning and they're way more balanced. Really hope they do the farm maps, Haddonfield and Hawkins next.

• albert_pain
    albert_pain Member Posts: 42

I agree

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

No way dude! You've got it backwards! These reworked maps are SO survivor sided! How can you say otherwise?!

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

I made this post when the ptb was out. I guess they didn't really change much for the live version.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Visually looks good but the jungle gyms seem lower and more spacious than before? I see too many dead zones on Auto, just vast plains of nothing but a few sections of grass. It doesn't feel as real as the original, it feels like a pop-up book or movie set.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

Wow loops are gone,

Omg, you have to increase your stealth abilities, what a shame...

Come on... don't tell me you rely on loops to win

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

Now you only have to think a bit more before throwing a pallet. It’s not that difficult, you’ll get used to it 😊

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I like the new designed maps. I want to try the new loops on autohaven against deathslinger, they seem to be more fair then the old car loops.

• smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

The two most pallet laden maps now have dead zones? What a nightmare!

• CdtTaylor

They never listen to our opinions and suggestions sadly..

• Slickstyles

Loops are literally the most interactive part of the game. You're arguing for a more boring game for both sides. Also imagine telling survivors to hide in an openass map LOL.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

There is no point talking with you, you are focused on trolling killer. You are the boring guy

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Autohaven is pretty much the same, just better graphics.

Ormond looks much better and is a lot more fairer map now.

• CdtTaylor

I feel some of these guys who are trying to take off loops from the game..are my "pro" teammates that I play with sometimes hiding in lockers and crouching next to hook doing nothing the entire game xD

• Slickstyles

Woow, apparently looping is attributed with trolling now in addition to flashlight clicking and teabagging (things that I never do). Welcome back to 2016 folks. You insinuated that players used loops to win when it is the most skillful and most fun aspect of the game. Then you called me boring to address my point. You sir, are the boring guy.