We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

The whole DC thing is a little...two faced?

BioX
BioX Member Posts: 1,378
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Ok so hear me out, im a little confused regarding the community.

See we like to say its 4 vs 1...but it isnt is it? infact this used to be brought up when people were asking for bans (again) because the other player did something they did not like.

Key Features

• Survive Together… Or Not - Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?

See? its build into the game that you are allowed to be selfish and running around the map dropping every pallet for the heck of it, farming every survivor just cuz, and sitting in a corner doing nothing...its all allowed and like camping/tunneling something completely gamebreaking but unbannable, perfectly within the rules.

So why is DCing a problem with punishment, when by the games own vision: "you are ruining the game for others" is not an argument.

Comments

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I guess technically speaking, The Entity won’t let you just disappear from the killing field because there’s a tough killer in there with you.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

It definitely is a 4v1 lol

That's because if you ran around the map doing nothing that's still normal gameplay, leaving the game isn't. Just suicide on the hook like everyone else and make the killers happy.

• Merridew
    Merridew Member Posts: 55

Like someone else said, maybe the entity just wants to punish those that try to escape it's trials via DC.

But in all seriousness, it's cause you're taking a slot that someone else could've taken, who would've stayed in the game. A survivor working with the killer ruins their game, and I'm pretty sure that's a punishable offense. Also most killers I know that see a survivor actively trying to ruin other survivors games, will end up mercilessly killing those people and will camp them to death. You only really should be surviving on your own if you absolutely have to cause it's still very much a 4v1 as a 1v1 is just a death sentence.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I mean....not really?

Survive together or alone implies that you can act selfishly in order to survive the match. Yes you can run around and create trouble for the other survivors, usually to your own detriment if the killer decides not to play along and punish you. Thats a risk you take. But you are still playing the game and as scummy as doing nothing and taking the hatch is, you are still playing the game.

DCing is not acting selfishly to survive, it's taking your ball and going home because you don't like the circumstances of the game and wasting a slot that someone who actually wants to play, could have filled.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Your argument is flawed.

There's a difference between you being in the game and you not being in the game.

Also, DCing was a huge issue. It still is but at least its not as bad. Those other things you list? Annoying but they aren't that prominent.