Risen from Ash (Fan Chapter)

Hey, I read that the DBD team was trying to be more inclusive of the LGBTQ+ community with their characters, so I added the first non-binary survivor, and a trans-woman killer. This info has nothing do do with gameplay, and it doesn’t change much of the character so there’s no reason to not like the ideas because of their identity. I also wanted to add perks that fixed some of the meta perks usefulness when up against them, so I added universal counter perks. Hopefully this gets some attention, I’m open to suggestions for changes and ideas. So please enjoy <3

Survivor - Alex Warner

A independent and Impulsive survivor, able to extend chases and buy their team time to complete objectives. Their perks, Double Time, Loner, and Reflexive.

Double Time: You’ve been through worse. When put into the dying state, you don’t go down immediately; Instead you have a 15 second delay on the damage. You cannot be healed during this duration, or 25/20/15 seconds after the duration.

“I’ve seen worse, I can last a lil’ longer”

Loner: You do better alone, it’s best not to put everyone in danger. When outside of a 24 meter range of other survivors, Loner activates. When loner is activated, window vaulting speed is increased by 5/10/15% and pallet dropping speed is increased by 15/20/25%. Once doing either action, this perk goes into cool down for 60/50/40. This perk does not stack.

“I’ll be bait, be useful while I’m gone”

Reflexive: This perk activates twice per trial when being interrupted and grabbed by the killer. Instead of being grabbed, be put into the injured state and suffer from the deep wound status effect. You will stop doing any action you were previously doing when this perk activates. You have 8/9/10 seconds to mend yourself.

“#########, have to be more careful next time”

———————————————

New killer - The Arsonist

An unfazed and adaptive killer, able to use her power “The Ember” to sabotage survivors key points. Her teachable perks, Ash to Ash, Quick Burn, and Growing Flame, ensure that your power grows as your presence is known.

“The ember”

When near a pallet, window, chest, locker, or exit gate, hold the power button to use this power. When using the ember, you burn a key point. when a survivor interacts with this in the next 120 seconds, they will be dealt damage equal to half. When a survivor has taken 2 half damage, they will be dealt damage equal to one hit. This half damage cannot be healed. Additionally, if used on a dropped pallet, the pallet will be instantly destroyed when a survivor vaults it. If you use “The Ember” 3 times within close proximity or within 15 seconds, the heat will become too much and you will burn yourself. When burned, you are unable to interact with anything, and you cannot use your power for 15 seconds.

Ash to Ash: You ensure that what goes in motion, stays. When survivors heal within a 44 meter range, this perk activates. While this perk is active, If a healthy survivor heals an injured survivor, that survivor will be put into the injured state, and suffer from the broken status effect for 15/20/25 seconds. This perk will go into cool down for 30/25/20 seconds once used.

“It doesn’t matter what you do, you are mine.”

Quick Burn: You adapt quickly to your surroundings, destroying anything in your way. When stunned by a perk, gain a token. Each token does the following:

Decrease perk stun durations by 5/10/15%

Decrease survivor movement speed by 8/9/10% for 5 seconds after being stunned

Increase survivors bleeding rate by 50/75/100% when stunned by them.

Effects of extra token only apply the next time used.

Lose a token whenever hooking a survivor.

“You can’t run from the flames of your past”

Growing Flame: They are like fuel to your flames.

For each survivor injured, increase pallet breaking speed by 3/4/5%

For each survivor injured, increase window vaulting speed by 3/4/5%

For each survivor injured, increase locker opening speed by 10%

For each survivor injured, increase the amount of time it takes for survivors to recover by 10/15/20%

“You’re all like firewood to me”

Comments

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

I really like the idea of the killers power! I wouldn't think it's particularly balanced but it is a really good concept. Also, I do like the perks with it too and the theme although one seems to be fire up v2 :P

• Thank you! I would love some input on how to balance perks, I’m still learning game design and I’ve seen some of your concepts, so hopefully you could help. And yes, growing flame was meant to be another fire up. I wanted for there to be a perk like fire up, but it doesn’t require gens to be done. Of course anything fitting with the theme of growing power with your presence would fit nicely aswell.