Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Controversial suggestion: Does the price of DLC need to increase?

2»

Comments

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

As a company they made a choice to release something that they knew was not done. It has little to do with the price point or schedule.

Do they have budgets, targets and all that they want to meet sure. Just because you cannot meet a deadline doesn't mean you have to force it and release an incomplete product.

This choice reflects badly upon their priorities as a company. It isn't anything else than that.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No, they make plenty of money. More than they need to not release the hot mess they just tried to pass as DLC. They were just bragging about all the new talent they hired, for ######### sakes, what they need is focus, not yet more cash that probably won't even go into the company.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

As if there's not enough monetization in this game as it is already, just imagine they charge you extra for bullshit chapters that don't even work, like binding of kin where most of the perks if not all are broken and don't do anything.

Hell no, this suggestion is not good.

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2020

BHVR's estimated annual revenue is currently $118.6M per year. The problem isn't related to the money the game makes or the number of players it has because, believe me, it has a healthy amount of both. The problem is that the devs do not listen and/or are actively ignorant of the problems with the stuff they put out. Unless they were pressured by their higher ups, they released Binding of Kin IGNORING how faulty the DLC and the overall patch was and decided they would just fix it later -- not too dissimilar from how other companies like EA operate, if you think about it.

BHVR is definetly not as bad as EA when it comes to their monetization but, then again, it is kind of impossible to beat King ######### of ######### Mountain itself I suppose. Still, they do not deserve more money for their poor work. What they need is a stricter work place whose order of business can't be put on a bloody flowchart.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

They already have a lot of money and look what they did with it. Giving them more money would just reward their awful bhvr. I wouldn't mind a price increase if their was more content added per chapter, but as it stands now, I don't find it to be a great idea.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

for me 7 bucks is just enough to make me just buy it, if it was like 10 or so I would probably wait for a sale every time so less money.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Absolutely not.

As many have said before: BHVR has enough money and more.

The problem is the lack of care BHVR have for quality control. They seem to be more focused in pushing out chapters, cosmetics, rifts, and getting big streamers in than making sure the game is in a healthy state. Until they start making better decisions like focusing more on the quality of the game they deserve no extra cash.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited December 2020
  • EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2020

the last few chapters in the PTB. I have suggested they go to a 4 month cycle since they was letting to many bugs get thru, now its just unfinished DLC they trying to get people to buy. they seriously need to reevaluate just to do damage control over this DLC alone. as for the cost of DLC its fine how it is.

• Fattyclown
    Fattyclown Member Posts: 73

Ever since incompetence is rewarded with greater commitment by consumers.

According to this reasoning, a restaurant that offers poor food for $ 15 would have to raise the price to $ 20 for customers in order to provide better food.

Ignoring the fact that the manager may still buy poor, frozen food and continue to offer bad service because he has no respect for the business he runs and its consumers.

The speech you brought to light spun whether the product was valid and rightly rewarded by aiming for a higher cost to ensure quality or improve it.

Since DbD for the prices it has offers a decidedly mediocre quality, I don't see why it should be rewarded. Before showing that they care about their creation and who finances them, after that I am happy to pay them even more.

To clarify I bought every single expansion and dlc except this one. This doesn't deserve a single penny, especially when funding them I've seen the game get worse and worse.

Where did the promised ps4 optimization in 2018 go? Ah right at 400-500 dollars buying a ps5 I guess :3