Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Im not playing verse victor, period.

i have never, and i mean never asked or wanted a killer nerf before not even spirit or nurse but seriously i will not play verse this killer. victor has very little counter against actual good players and when you do get rid of him hes back within 5 seconds. I am not holding victor on my back for 45seconds doing nothing, that is boring AF and my team hardly ever do gens and still go down against basic killers. IM A SOLO SURVIVOR, i am not playing a unfun and unfair match where a killer can camp but also have another killer move at 150% speed hitting and downing players all over the map slugging. Either make the cooldown of victor longer or make him uncontrollable when he downs someone. Id take the most buffed up nurse and spirit over this crap, at least im not punished as much and the killer cant camp and chase all at once with 0 negative even when outplayed or killed. NO THANKYOU

Comments

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Same-ish. I liked The Twins, but the countless bugs, hitbox issues, crap matchmaking/map design, and boring addons, they were kind of bad to play.

• TheEdMaverick
    TheEdMaverick Member Posts: 101

If you are healthy, dont worry my friend

If you are injured, try to be near a pallet or window at least, if nothing is near you, try to bait vaults and juke

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

K.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited December 2020

Two and three seem sus when there's only three gen jockeys and a fourth player who voluntarily acts as the Killer's personal radar. Which as a result makes one seem sus.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

Had 3 matches against Twins, all slugged and the team went down like flies on purple ranks. I'll just kms next time i face them. Just awful. Especially since all three games took 30 mins to load in :)

God i wish the devs would fix the game and make me feel less bad about wasting money on it.

• Fun fact: there are these things called “lockers” and when you get in them victor mysteriously walks away and goes for someone else.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Victor is V tier for Voverpowered...

• Not now he can’t, sure it’ll bug on occasion but there is nothing stopping you (I’ve only gone against them once tho so if it does happen every time please let me know)

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Nah fam they’re fine how they are

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's every time. He just pounces at the locker and clips through it. You can be downed and ridden.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

But I thought you liked facing.. Aw crap I can't say that but I can say

That smegol likes keys just as much as you so don't bring those.. They are his precious

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

the one with victor on them goes wait at a loop or looks for a hex so they are not doing that, it's also better to have 1 survivor not doing anything for the killer to effectively not have a power for 50 seconds.

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222

i thought the same but unfortunately there not. there entire power is just slugging everyone and victor can camp like a mf.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Haven't played against the twins yet but yeah I can tell this killer's gonna be a bit of a pain to play against. Any killer that's good at camping is really annoying and that's almost a requirement to do with The Twins. Plus there's no chase music when getting chased by Victor, it looks so awkward being chased in silence.

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

Agreed. The cooldown on victor needs to be a solid minute or two. Last survivor against exit gates is impossible. Victor missed, kicked his ass and he's back on me before I can get the door unlocked while the killer is at the other door. What a joke.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd say they're fun until it turns into a slug fest. Out of the 5 games against them I had yesterday 4 of them turned into a constant heal/slug fest. Usually this happened at endgame.

Once you have 1 downed and 1/2 injured you basically just run around as Victor and down everyone. He is extremely hard to counter.

• TAG

So they're not keeping your team healed, then. Works for me. Two people on a gen, one being chased, and one doing nothing? I can work with that.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Ok

• AChaoticKiller

against good survivors you're not getting whoever your chasing quickly without a power and if the whole team is good then they are going to stay on top of heals.

I have had games where i could keep them all injured because of victor and games where they didn't take him off and at most 2 were injured at once. it really makes a difference when your power is being held back with little you can do other than going for whoever has victor which most of the time isn't a good choice for various reasons.

• TAG
    edited December 2020

The way I see it, Good Survivors would have three people doing gens while the fourth is being chased. If the one holding Victor tries to heal anyone, they are automatically giving away their location. If the one holding Victor is not, then that means that two other people are busy healing up and not doing gens.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

whoever has victor can't heal people the only interaction they have is performing saves, good survivors take victor and wait out somewhere safe away from the others so in reality 2 survivors are doing gens as you chase the 4th as a standard m1 killer and that is a less than ideal situation.

if survivors do this and split when you approach them and prioritize healing over gens you will lose because you wont end chases fast enough or injure them all quickly as a m1 killer. Even if they put healing first they will still have plenty of time to do gens because your not going to apply that much pressure even with victor as long as they don't get downed by him which they won't if healing is the main priority.

edit: also if they are in a pair even if you down someone the other can kill victor and then heal whoever got downed unless your close enough with charlotte. if they have wglf or another healing perk they can pull it off almost every time. I myself use we'll make it and when victor downs who i unhooked i just heal them back up and we leave if victor comes again i let him down that survivor kill him and pick them back up. its funny how some killers haven't realized that yet and waste their time trying to get a down and victor onto someone when that is impossible if they stick together and crush him.

• TAG

So then what was the point of saying to keep your team healed? Unless you were speaking in general. If so, my mistake for the misinterpretation. And yes, I said that two Survivors are doing gens. That is the point: That they are working on gens sub-optimally.

If they prioritize healing over gens, then they are working on gens even more slowly, buying you even more time because not only are there a sub-optimal number of people working on gens, but they are choosing to not even work on gens as fast as they are able to given the circumstances. Sure, they have plenty of time to do gens. You have plenty of time to get them by their choice.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

Doesn't he regrow on Charlotte in 6 seconds if removed?

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Victor is easy to counter, if he misses an attack he is vulnerable to being curb stomped lol! Also, even when switching to Charlotte, you can hear Victor if he is hiding somewhere to give away survivor's location, so you have a few seconds to punt that twerp (sorry Victor)!!! Good luck in your next matches with them, and remember: Kick!!! That!!! Baby man thing!!!

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

45 seconds a screaming baby on your back while you can not do anything, sleeping on gens, healing up.. but avoid the chase by any means.

Very exciting and definitly the direction this game should go!

I disagree that the twins are overpowered, but come on.. guys.. people.. do we really need another unfun killer to go against? Wasnt PH and Deathslinger torture enough? At least Blight is interesting, but thats the best the devs came up the last 12 months. So sad.

• xEa

How is "if the killer misses" a counter? This is relying on bad play, not an actual counter.

• AChaoticKiller

my point was your just a standard m1 killer without a way to quickly end the chase so it doesn't matter if only 2 survivors are doing gens you will lose by not having enough pressure.

• megswifey

Oh sorry, I hope the lol didn't sound rude! And yes, if he misses it depends on an error, but his pounces are easy to avoid-- Jumping into a locker, ducking, and most of the time it is hard to aim when survivors zig zag but in an unpredictable fashion. Then he is vulnerable. The play is to make Victor mess up, which is easier once we get used to them. I've lucked out and strategized it before, so it's possible, just extra thinking. Good luck!

• AChaoticKiller

i was just pointing out that if you want to easily beat this killer the best way is to have one survivor sit back and keep the killer from getting back her power. m1 killers with no tricks are not that threatening even if it's only for 50* seconds (you have to add the time it takes for victor to regenerate).

without a way to quickly end the chase or apply pressure with map traversal the survivors can win even if one survivor isn't doing gens.

• TAG
    edited December 2020

I disagree. You don't have to quickly end the chase if they can't quickly finish the gens. They are cutting their efficiency by 25% at minimum and by 50% whenever one of them is being chased. That's a LOT. And that's assuming the best case scenario where the Victor holder doesn't let boredom get the better of them and stays in the corner like a good babysitter instead of roaming around and inadvertently giving away team positions.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

And? doesn't matter if your not making progress by downing survivors, if the chase lasts too long it doesn't matter if only 2 survivors are doing gens its the same pressure on you as a good killer downing a survivor faster with 3 survivors on gens. You have to include the time you wasted using victor to disable only one survivor and consider the possibility that victor will get crushed and you won't gain anything.

if the killer can't monopolize their advantage which in this case is one less survivor on gens then they are not good. monopolize in this sense refers to applying pressure by downing whoever your chasing, if your not getting downs fast enough gens will progress beyond your pressure.

edit: point is if a single survivor can last a full gen it doesn't matter if only 2 are doing gens, you can't kill someone fast enough without tunneling at that point.

• TAG

If Victor gets crushed, then this is a moot argument, no? Anyways, the stuff you're describing kinda just applies to playing as a Killer in general. Don't waste too much time in chases and make sure to keep the gens in mind. Which will be a fair bit easier if 1/4 of the team chooses to do nothing. Also, if you take a lot of time to get Victor onto the Survivor in the first place, that's an issue with the player.

• xEa

I totally give you that an M1 killer without a decent power would be pointless and killer wont stand a chance, but its a weak argument for justifying a power that is as dull as a killers power like Victor.

I really hope that developers someday regain their ability to creating a strong, fun and also fair killer like Oni, Blight, Huntress, Hillbilly, Ghostface, Doctor or even Demogorgon... those who have a solid but fair power and interesting for both sides.

I want to mention that this new killer is for both sides a fail in my eyes. Alone that you can hard counter victor by just going in a locker... what are they thinking?

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

then you can understand why wraith, clown, and even legion are considered bad. they can be played safely against because their power doesn't help in the chase at pallets so chases end up being to long and they lose to gen pressure.

clown is a little extreme but if you stay at the pallet and play more safe he can't fully use his bottles plus he has no map pressure but we are talking about the twins and charlotte has literally nothing to help her end chases.

edit: you can use victor but that is if he is not being held onto and even then your going to have to add the time it took to down with him plus getting to the survivor as charlotte.

• TAG
    edited December 2020

None of those Killlers have a player who is just straight-up not doing gens at all, though (this is assuming that someone is holding on to Victor; obviously the comparison is meaningless if no one is doing that).

• megswifey

Yes, the cooldown is waaaaay too fast. I think Victor should have at least a 20-30 second cooldown, since he can down multiple people at once and also give away locations. However, crushing him on a survivor's head is really fast and doesn't give away their location, but I don't use Victor much and maybe it's a weird glitch? Also, the way he returns is super funny, a ball of gloop with eyes just nyooms into ur boob it's quality entertainment

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

I take it you're getting pounced on often.

Have you tried rounding a corner?

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

how about this lets compare this killer to old freddy who had a way to stall because of the natural penalty that applied to all survivors which cut their progress to 50% or less if a survivor gets chased. but this time he can't find survivors easily or get early hits besides every 50 seconds to one survivor against good survivors.

that is charlotte but with no stealth and at most can only stall 2 survivors. old freddy was considered bad and only won with his natural stalling literally the only reason he could win. charlotte's stalling is weaker than old freddy and can only stall one survivor with her power, with that comparison and your argument of stalling being enough to win even tho it is weaker than old freddy can you seriously say that this killer is good?

once survivors understand better how to verse her healing will be a priority and injured survivors will stay in pairs so they can get picked back up after the other survivor crushes victor or so they avoid getting downed because victor has to go after the healthy survivor in which case that's the same as getting a hit you can't follow up on.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

Lmao I haven't actually seen this from Charlotte's perspective but now I have to :D

• TAG

Survivors asleep from Old Freddy couls easily wake themselves up and negate the slowdown, plus they could potentially finish a gen right in Freddy's face because of the time it would take for him to be allowed to interact with that Survivor. We're assuming a scenario where someone is voluntarily choosing to do no gens because they are holding Victor.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

the exact same situation happens if multiple survivors are repairing a gen and you find them with victor, they can finish it in your face by letting one of them get victor then run away as the other does the gen meanwhile where is charlotte? at best she is around 30 meters away which wont be enough to effectively chase who has victor or stop the gen. it's a lose lose situation where you let the gen get done to get victor or chase the person on the gen as a basic killer with the risk of it being done in your face anyway if it's progressed enough.

edit: also there's always the possibility you miss a pounce and victor gets crushed in which you wasted all that time controlling him for nothing. that is not the main point tho but it is the worst outcome you can get.