Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How Do You Deal With SWF?

I can't stand playing against SWF. They always know what you're doing, WILL (not try to) stop you from getting anywhere, and are as toxic as a toxic barrel. How am I supposed to deal with these people?

Comments

• Unseen_Force
    Unseen_Force Member Posts: 218

Take out one of them as quickly as you can by any means necessary. Dont play their game, or they will play you

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I think taking advantage of an opportunity to snowball with their altruism is a great start

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

How do I deal with SWF?

I lose.

I feel indignant.

Not always in that order.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Bring a Ebony mori or Noed, maybe both.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

I kill them ez

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Tunnel off hooks into Ebony Mori

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Correct answer.

SWFs actually love Moris and NoEd as they appreciate the challenge. Probably.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Personally I love Save The Best For Last against SWFs. They always try to take hits if one of them is in trouble which can easily backfire, they often have at least one guy with a flashlight which is easy extra stacks every time you down someone, BT is common and another easy source of stacks, and as long as you ignore the Obsession you can snowball really fast. You can quickly slug if they try to force you to eat DS. If they rush hooks you’re golden and you can get multiple survivors on the ground.

If you’re playing a non-M1 killer then this is useless advice but you should be able to deal with them by using your power. And if they’re a SWF that splits up and plays super efficient and not altruistic then STBFL won’t do as much for you, but then you’re gonna struggle against those teams whatever you do.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

If there is a toxic one who is blatantly trying to get your attention then ignore them. This is the distraction who tries to run you around and waste your time while the rest knock out gens.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

If they're going to sweat gens and finish the game in 5 minutes, nothing.

If they're a normal SWF?

Abuse their altruism - no free unhooks. Assume flashlight saves always, and fake pickups for free hits. Ensure whoever is holding a key is on the ground or on the hook at all times. Play your best.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

I play against 4 man sweat squads in custom lobbies almost daily. Some tips:

Nothing will replace chase/killer mechanics. There is no perk out there that will make you run a tile correctly. That's on you.

Don't be overly reliant on information perks. They don't do anything other than tell you things you can already figure out with enough experience. BBQ literally does nothing when you realize you can usually take 10 steps in one direction, look at a gen, and then make a decision on where you need to go in a general sense. Whispers? Why? The closest survivors can possibly spawn to you is 3 tiles away in either direction. Most maps have relatively static spawns.

Pay attention to your gen positions and don't let the map get split early. Holding a 3 gen isn't possible against 4 good players, but it's possible against 3.

Stop playing around DS. One survivor on second state at 3 gens is significantly more pressure than three survivors on first hook.

Assume survivors are talking. You chased someone off of a gen. Someone is probably rotating to it. Anticipating communication is particularly devastating on killers like Nurse/Spirit/Blight.

Lastly, keep in mind that many killers on the roster aren't equipped to deal with 4 good players on comms. Your viable killers are Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Pyramid Head, Freddy, Hag, and then a decent drop off to Doc/Billy/Oni.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

Ruin + Undying alchemist ring Blight

C33 if tournament swf

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Situation awareness. Identify what you’re dealing with and react. They don’t actually play ‘differently’ in an unbeatable fashion. I never see ‘death squads’ anymore and I think it’s because I’ve gotten better at the game 🤷‍♂️

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Do what I do every game. Infectious fright nurse, and if someone irritates you even a little bit, slug them to death.

• koopazepam
    koopazepam Member Posts: 35

There isn't a way to deal with them. You have to hope that you get some mediocre SWF group and that is all one can do. 4 good survivors will almost always defeat a killer, even a good killer.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2020

Since I don't play/care for ranks, if they are way above my skill level and are mocking/harassing me, ill head to the basement, face in the corner (so they cannot farm BP) take my mobile and reddit/picdump/forum, wait until all gens are done and then open the door... Next match 😊

(im not talking about normal swf teams, better players/teams are always a chance to learn)

• shiffpup2
    shiffpup2 Member Posts: 131

UPDATE: Thanks everyone! Just finished my first SWF match after posting this. I read through the replies, and all of the info was super useful, and accurate too. Got all four of 'em, and was having a blast.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

stand at the gate and move onto the next game with a fair team?

• LobAutumny
    LobAutumny Member Posts: 41

People get up in arms about SWF because they have a bad match here and there against a 4-stack bringing stuff like OoO and BNPs and sending them to Haddonfield and all that, and those bad matches stick in their minds more than the normal matches where they probably don't even realize they're playing against SWFs. So when they think about "how a SWF lobby plays," they think of tightly-coordinated players sending them to an awful map and absolutely destroying them.

Really, my personal advice for how to deal with SWFs is to just do your best and accept that sometimes, you're just gonna have a bad match. Don't let it get you down. If people are sending you to Haddonfield and using all the strongest perks and items and making you look like a chump, don't sweat it. It happens, and it's not the end of the world. If you're worried that someone's gonna send you to a bad map, you can always try to put up a different map offering or a sacrificial ward.

Unfortunately, coordinated SWFs can sometimes be near-impossible to beat, if you're playing off-meta or you aren't playing a high-tier killer. That said, if you're making the decision to play things you know are weak, you probably don't mind losing to good survivors anyways.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

They also make the problems with the core of the game glaringly obvious and make you realize that you only win because the survivors were bad or let you.

Using bond in solo q shows you why the killer wins most of the time and it isn't because he was good.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

They’re hard work, but they’re usually very predictable too.

There should be certain plays you should regularly expect from a team you suspect is SWF. Use that to your advantage.

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

I bring ebony if I suspect a SWF. Feels nice.

• Punisher2001
    Punisher2001 Member Posts: 49

I've literally only ever lost because of swf BS, it's unfair that they get to cooperate as a team while I only get the ability to catch up to them and kill them

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

In my experience, the kryptonite for 90% of swfs is noed. When they realise there is no ruin/undying they'll completely ignore totems and rinse genss, but don't completely ignore protecting gens. What gives noed killers away most of the time is them completely ignoring gens and just committing to chases.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

By playing Stellaris

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Against good SWF? Hm..

Look for the weakest link. Even a rank 20 can hold M1. Some swf groups will throw the game to defend their newbie.

Don't feel bad for bringing better addons or even a Mori. SWF as itself already provides a lot of advantages. Giving yourself an advantage is only fair.

If someone wants your attention. Ignore them. Or make sure you can down them. Usually the good looper will do everything to have your attention.

If one of them knows. All of them will know. If you place a trap in a good spot, they will know. If one spotted your hex totem. The others will know, too.

Don't get tilted if you lose.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Roll my eyes, and pull the gate lever myself after 5 minutes! Ha

But seriously, that's usually the worst case scenario which has been frustratingly common with matchmaking deciding I should face people 10+ ranks over me.

Best case scenario, I feel out the survivors. If one seems really good at looping, and practically wants to be chased, I drop chase, and they're dead to me, basically.

I call these people "bodyguards" as they are usually the hard protective shell to the soft, gooey survivors they're boosting. Go after the others, feel them out, find the easiest one to catch.

There is such a thing as being too good as a bodyguard.

Take a page from Sun Tzu, and flow like water, through areas of less resistance.

SWF is frustrating, but it's a lack of decent matchmaking that tends to fuel it. In a perfect game, you wouldn't be paired up against people that will blow you out of the water. At least not very often. Especially not several times in a row.

Leave the broken SWF squads to the people that can handle them.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Get really good at Nurse and Spirit. It's going to take an incredibly long time, but worth it in the end.

(Though you will reach a point of knowing more about the game than the majority of players, and then on the Forums everyone will gut you because you see the truth and they all still have yet to even learn the basics of the game)

I'm sure you will be fine.

• KillerandSurvivor
    KillerandSurvivor Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2020

Also avoiding swf imo is better option unless you know they suck. Usually you can tell if there swf with obvious things like same clothing/friends list etc. But the BEST METHOD TO AVOID SWF by far is watching how fast they join the lobby together 99% of the time you can avoid swf by simply dodging games when survivors join the lobby simultaneously or in close proximity to each other. That's all you need to pay attention to and you'll guaranteed never to have swf ever again ez pz.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Play like you want to spite them or dodge the lobby. At least if you can tell they're a competent SWF. You'll get very little reward for beating them anyway, given you'll often have to one hook or tunnel to be optimal.