We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for destroy ormond

13ยป

Comments

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

Your English is great! But if you're curious: It's a type of argument. A bad/unfair one, where instead of actually discussing the argument fairly, you take their points out of context, strip them down into something that is more easily argued against, and then argue against THOSE much more vulnerable points instead of the ones they're actually trying to make.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

Agreed. I don't understand how some people can possibly enjoy the new ormond. It's literally impossible to do anything there as survivor, loops are gone and there's a giant dead zone for no reason. The map is way too bright so stealth is out of the question too. I guess.. genrush if you can? As killer, it feels so bad to down a survivor just because there was nowhere to go and nothing they could've done. Yay, very exciting.

I played 7 games there as killer today, and didn't even get to mindgame or have a real chase, and i was playing pig. It doesn't feel fair or skillful win as killer at all, and it's just unfun.

Ormond needed a change but this didn't fix it, it just turned the problem other way around and also made it way worse. Auras and scratch marks are still broken as well, there's everything wrong with ormond now.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

After the update bushes appeared again in certain places allowing survivors to go through in some but not killers.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

The center building is still very strong. There are still viable jungle gyms in various spots. There are some less safe rock loops spread out a bit more. There's one or two absolutely safe tractor loops. There's a couple of useless pallets that are just bad even by Hawkins standards (like, what was the idea here?). The map is still large, loops are overall fairer and the center building can make for ridiculous chases. Stop complaining, this map is exactly what re-designs should be.

If only Shelter Woods, Azarov's Resting Place and Suffocation Pit had this sort of brain power dedicated to them. But it seems we're expecting too much already.

• IPlayOniWayTooMuch
    IPlayOniWayTooMuch Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2020

One corner of the map still has some rock loops tied to shack that you could loop.

it seems now you have to actually look at the map and where stuff is. Granted it is weaker but any kind balance was gonna make it weaker.

I donโ€™t wanna be one to jump on band wagons but its true when people say โ€œoh god ormond doesnโ€™t have 18 safe pallets in arms reach of one anotherโ€

just give people time and theyโ€™ll learn how to run it

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Dont forget the 2 or 3 God pallets and window in the main building not to mention shack and the snow plow

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Uhh... I stand by saying the FPS improvement is great. But, yeah. After playing on this map a few times now, it's high up there on my most disliked maps now as survivor. Seems like all the pallets surrounding rocks are awful. Very open map, meaning killers like Nurse, blight, Oni, etc will excel. Also means it's hard to lose killers, too.

It's one of those maps I will now predominantly hold shift + w whenever possible, even if it is risky. It's very hard to loop any killer around those rocks.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

That is because this post from the op is just a whining post.

As soon as a map get a more balanced rework people like him/her immediately start whining even if they only played on it once.

If a strong killer is released they immediately head to the forums to whine about how broken the new killer is even though they still need to learn how to counter that killer.

Not talking about the twins btw.

About ormond, you just like everyone else who plays dbd, know how broken that map was.

It was literally safe pallet into safe pallet into safe pallet, and so on.

If you win as killer on old Ormond that that was mostly because of the survivors messing up.

The new ormond is way more balanced.

You just need to relearn that map again.

I still haven't been in the main building, but from what I hear is that it is really strong.

Outside you can still loop easily, it's a matter of chaining different loops together.

The only issue now, what a lot of people appearantly, is that you have to plan your routing.

Even before the rework I was allready looking where pallets were and what kind of loops there were when working on a gen.

And planned my routing way before I was even getting chased.

So like I said, a lot of people allready start complaining after 1 game on the first day.

Just give a few games before making judgements if something is really broken.

I played about 7 matches now on new ormond and escaped 5 of them.

The 2 I didn't, 3 others did.

So if it really is that broken why did so many still escaped?

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

I'll tell ya the one I hate it's one of the variants of the gas station, that got literal nuked the whole front of the gas station is empty there was only 4 pallets in total on the whole map it was super garbage

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

You consider map generations like this one "balanced" ?

Not a single obstacle to hide from the killer, not a single pallet, wall or anything. This is about 20 % of the map, to the back it looks identical.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I personally like new ormond. When I go into a killer match in that map I don't wanna dc or use dirty tactics to find one, maybe two kills.

And as a survivor it does have looping potential. I personally don't see your problem.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Sorry mate but there is nothing to say from a screenshot.

You could have just made a screenshot so it would seem like there is nothing, but if you turn left or right there is plenty.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying you did or didn't do that.

I have played on a couple of gas haven maps and actually haven't seen a problem tbh.

I played of wrecker yard and that 3 gen map and actually haven't seen anything wrong with it.

So maybe you were just unlucky with the rng or something or you just need to get used to it and see the opportunities when trying to looping.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Pleas devs, stop nerfing survs, I beg you. It's almost impossible to escape as solo surv.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Are you serious or are you joking?

I always play solo survivor and my escape rate is about 90% and I don't play for escaping but for chases.

So personally I wouldn't say it is almost impossible tbh.

It's just a matter of knowing how to loop en when to use a pallet and when not.

Just a simple example from what I see a lot of survivors do.

The get hit near a pallet and the stop their sprint burst they get from the hit and drop the pallet.

Instead of doing that, use the sprint burst to gain distance and get to another loop.

It will waist a killers time and if you play it right, they even let you go because they spend to much time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Again, it's just a little example nothing more.

But escaping is very good possible and pretty easy imo

• valvarez4

Well, escape rate is 25%, and every one in this killers' forum say that SWF always escape. Also, every killer in this forum always escape because is so easy, so solo survs main never escape

• Dennis_van_eijk

Well if solo survivor mains never escape than that means you haven't learn anything yet appearantly.

Cause if you main survivor than you should be able to escape way more often instead of never.

I play both sides, so i main neither side and yet I escape so much.

So personally I would say record your gameplay and watch it back.

Look at the reasons why you died, why you went down.

There's always a reason why anyone goes down especially when it is fast.

Happens to me to and I just analyse my own gameplay on the fly and see what I could have done differently and adapt myself.

I have games where I go down to fast for my own standards and when I identify why that is, the next chase is very very long.

• valvarez4
    edited December 2020

Rank 2, 3000 hours. I know perfectly how to play, and yes, killer is so easy

• Dennis_van_eijk

I didn't mention anything about killer being hard or easy, so don't try to put words in my mouth mate ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rank 1 both killer and survivor and about the same amount of hours as you plus a 500 hrs extra.

But if you have 3k hours and still can't escape, than that is really a you issue and has nothing to do with the game.

Like I said, escape about 90% of the time.

I very rarely use items (medkit at best unless for a tombe challenge), i run a no mither build without iron will or I run no perks and no items, and yet I still escape as a solo

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

You see, I can just say the same. I have 5000 hours now, play around 70/30 killer/survivor (with most of my survivor games being solo) and I escape way more than I die. Just today I tried to get the Power Moves achievement and did it in 10 games, that means 8 escapes and 1 kill with 0 perks and doing at least 1 gen (one game I got chased the whole game and couldn't get a gen done but still escaped).

When I play survivor I very rarely feel cheated by the map (it does happen, but so does it on the killer side), more often than not it's either fully my fault for going down or just my teammates getting hit by pallets and instead of running trough them they end up wasting them and going down 10 seconds later anyway with nobody doing gens. All of this is not a game balance problem, but a matchmaking problem and if we balance around that we should also buff all the killers because rank 20s keep getting matched with rank 1s and its no fun getting stomped.

Now I don't say killers are overpowered, neither do I say survivors are overpowered, both still have problems that need to get solved like Moris/Keys and certain maps, but since Ormond was one of those they ended up fixing it and made it more balanced.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Glad to see there are at least a few who understands it ๐Ÿค˜

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170

My only complaint with new ormond is there's a natural rock wall outside of the main building that you can climb on top of. The killer can get up there as well but, every killer I play has trouble not falling off of it unlike survivors. I dont know it that was an intended spot but, it's very weird and feels out of place completely.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I haven't seen that yet tbh, but i don't think it was intended.

On sanctum of wrath there is also a spot where you can run up on a rock.

I saw someone doing that when I went down, but he thought he was untouchable which he quickly found out he wasn't.

Same on the spirit map next to the main building, there is also a spot, but there the killer can't hit you.

Not sure if the killer can get up there or he didn't know how.

Even I didn't know how the survivor got up there

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

There seems to be more breakable walls now from what i have noticed. That lessens the chance of getting away. ( god forbid that happens ). Soon all survivors will be able to do is run in a straight line.

• Dennis_van_eijk

There is 1 down side with breakable walls tho.

It wastes time of the killer, and more often than not, the killer has to break it otherwise there is an infinite loop.

Exception of the school in badham, there is is better to keep both entrances closed

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Ormond fixed now, time for Haddonfield to be my DC map.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I was a little irritated when they did that to the school. That was my go to when being chased, like the house in crotus penn. I guess killers didn't like not being able to catch survivors, so they cried enough and it was made easier for them.

• Dennis_van_eijk

With that answer you just showed how broken that school was ๐Ÿ˜‚

And you can still go there and keep the killer busy there, you just need a figure out the routing.

And there are plenty of other spots the run the killer.

I love how you immediately start pointing fingers towards killers.

Not sure your reason other than trying to piss people of for no particular reason whatsoever.

If my memory serves me well, it wasn't the killers crying about it, it was just the devs who had decided that ๐Ÿ˜‰

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Wait a minute. There's actual gameplay and skill that's required from the Survivor's on Ormond, that's amazing.

• Dennis_van_eijk

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Didn't you know that yet then?

Only survivors get skill checks so they are they only ones that have skill.

It is very hard hard to hit those skill checks and to throw pallets down ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Tweety007
    Tweety007 Member Posts: 7

I'm actually quite surprised they gave us a day-time map , I thought it was Dead by Daylight but I guess it's now Dead by Nightlight?

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

HAHAHAHA

Did you see the recent stream drop for stats?

70% kill rate, on average for killers, 3 kills 1 escape.

BTW I love it when people like you do the whole 'I play both sides equally' but then follow it up with a 'poor killer' post.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Also, can you quantify when you say escape 'so much' because those dev stats would say otherwise.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

Surely i'm older than u in this game xD

This game still survivor sided, but at least is more balanced.

• MikaKim
    edited December 2020

I doubt it.

I've been here since release.

Back when there were REAL infinites, not these pseudo infinites soft killers hold onto when they get owned.

The fact that you fail to even mention soloQ vs. SWF, but manage to go straight to trabalistic 'survivors' statement, tells me all I need to know about your hot take.

• Dennis_van_eijk

YouTube: dennisvaneijk1980

Check it out if i do or don't play both sides and then come back complaining I'm not playing both side.

Beside where exactly did I say I play both sides equally?

I don't record my time playing a side so it's hard to say what side I play more and which less.

That state probably is more deu to people like you who apparently can't play solo and die so quickly or killing themselves on the hook.

I can't give you exact numbers of how many games I escape, but i believe I gave you a number of about 90%.

It's ok if you're not that good in the game and can't escape as a solo, I won't judge you for it.

But don't think everyone is the same as you, there are a lot of solo survivors who can escape easily.

• Punisher2001
    Punisher2001 Member Posts: 49

I play both sides equally so you can believe me when I say that every map is varying degrees of survivor-sided. In fact, Ormond is more survivor sided now because it forces survivors to adapt, which stimulates bloodflow in the brain and causes them to play better. Thanks again, devs.

• MikaKim
    edited December 2020

FYI, when you go for personal attacks, you lack critical thinking.

But lets go that route and stroke your epeen and assume you are the best and I am the worst. My point still stands.

Because of some sheer miracle you get to escape 90% of the time, doesn't discount the stats which would indicate the majority. Your perspective would be considered anecdotal and subjective.

Furthermore I don't know why you would want to highlight you don't play both sides equally for 2 reasons.

1) Who cares what your opinion is if you don't, because you don't have perspective. You're highlighting your own bias.

2) Why even bother mentioning it to begin with, it means nothing and contributes nothing to the conversation. Except for me to point out your bias.

Thanks for playing.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Gonna be completely honest here. This was the most bs thing I've ever heard.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Well tbh I thought you were the person who said solo survivors never escape.

That's why i mentioned that I escaped that much and said you might not be as good as solo.

You started about how I said played bot side equally but followed up with a killer biased post.

Which indicates you suggest I don't play both sides.

I highlighted the fact I don't keep track of which side I play more is because you were talking about "equally".

I don't have a timer which says you played so many hours killers and this as survivor.

And i don't keep track because 1 day I play only survivor and the next day only killer, other times I keep switching after each match.

The fact that according to i follow up with a killer post and saying I don't have perspective is pretty funny.

Cause if I'm not mistaken that would be my perspective, so if that makes me "biased" towards 1 side than that is your opinion.

But it is still my perspective of the game as simple as that.

So if you say I'm biased towards killer so be it, I think very little people will care.

• MikaKim
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The comments this guy has been writing are amazing:

"Now, let me start this off by saying that I'm no dummy. The best killers in the world are some of the smartest people you'll ever find. It's no coincidence that killer-ability has been directly linked to player IQ in recent unpublished studies. When you get to be one of the better killers serving today, you develop an almost Herculean will-- a will that allows you to bend the match to any outcome that you choose. The map becomes your canvas, and your weapon, the brush."

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Honestly I just wanted a map size nerf and minor nerfs to the area around the main building. Instead they pretty much destroyed any area that isnt the corner of the map

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

You gotta be joking right? Theres no way he actually said that. Idk if I can say this but he maybe smoking a lil something lol.