This game needs to end

rickyray101
rickyray101 Member Posts: 141
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Either they stop nerfing every survivor ability and stop buffing every killer ability or I'm deleting this game.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• NastyMan69
    NastyMan69 Member Posts: 14

It's gaming time

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Rip looks like you aren't leaving the game.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

well, I guess this is goodbye. See all of you. It was fun.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Most survivor frustrations tend to come not from the killer but survivors themselves if you get ######### teammates then the experience is going to be awful, SWF eliminates that problem but at the cost of the Killers Fun. The only solution I see here is to actually either vet rid of the flawed rank system or make a Elo rating system and go off that, the lower the opponents elo the less points you get from winning and the more points you lose for losing, vice versa the higher the opponents elo the more points you get from winning and less points you lose from losing.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I have to agree that the changes to accommodate SWF at the killer's requests have made solo survivor almost unbearable. But the killer's are still not happy about the SWF just existing I guess. So for players like myself, and I assume Ricky here, who play mostly solo, every match is pretty much quiet drudgery. But as Mellow pointed out, as bad as a sweaty crap killer may be, having terrible team mates is at least twice as bad.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

Yeah! I hate that 1% of games where I play against a 4 man swf team that plays the game in an incredibly particular way that makes it hard for me. PREACH IT BROTHER! NERF SURVIVORS!

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Guess we’ll all be Dead By Daylight. 😔

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
  • BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I feel if you would have more experience and have a more objective view (playing both sides) then you would agree survivors need more nerfs here and there and killers need more help.

Honestly if survivors just know the value of doing gens above all else and commit to that instead of being scared and hugging the outside wall of the map the entire time or as soon as a killer is anywhere near to approuching them, the game is already over for the killer.

Survivors just need very basic knowledge of the map and when to throw a pallet and well as long as the other slam gens asap, thats a gg

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

This is almost as tragic as Anna's life from Six 😔💅

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486

cya

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

This is bait right?

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Lmao asking for killer nerf and survivor buff... U crazy or just trolling?

Killers are underpowered I win almost every match I have as survivor and that's with randoms who usually don't do anything...

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

All you need is one person to distract the killer in a chase long enough to progress gens and the game becomes unwinnable for the killer outside of major misplays by the survivors. I know because I'm usually that distraction, and every time I see a 2k+ point chase or a gen pop during my chase I know I've done my job.

• Dismas
    Dismas Member Posts: 54

As a killer main, all I say is good ridance. And please when uninstalling dont tea-bag i've seen it enough times.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Ah yes, the all-mighty Clown buff... Did you happen to overlook the Freddy nerf and Huntress add-on pass?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

"Stop buffing every killer ability"

So you call what they did to nurse & billy a buff? The devs also stated that their planning to balance freddy.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

As someone who only plays solo, I wish I could play the game you're describing. What changes are actually referring to here?

Do those changes even slightly mitigate the fact that just 2 players sharing instant communication still massively distorts a game designed and balanced assuming player isolation (where communication and coordination normally is limited to what can be expressed via perks and pointing in real matches)?

I had a match this week where being able to tell another survivor the NOED totem popped right behind them would've changed the game from a 4K to a 0K... and yeah, it was pretty frustrating when my head exploded in a pig-trap while searching the last box, all because I stopped to do that totem myself after she ran off immediately and got downed with another chick.

Most examples aren't so overt and that's not applicable to every game (though damn near identical situations happened plenty enough), but the point is how the most minimal of information can heavily alter the course of a match. That's one big impact, though just one change, and a casual as hell "chillin with friends" example and proving the common "only 4 man sweat squads count" is just BS goal-shifting. Hard intent exists or not, obviously a thousand little decisions optimized with impossible information throughout the match will massively reshape the match circumstances beyond isolation.

You describe the proclaimed changes as if going against SWF is all but moot, but the reality is that even casual voice-communication of just two players is still a game changer that's as dramatic an impact as some players using a wall-hack in a team FPS, or steroids in baseball. Win or lose, any VC is a performance boost inseparable enough to be asterisk worthy.

I play both sides of the game almost equally, with an edge towards killer if only because I tend to pick role based on the queue times (maybe getting the worst of both worlds). Survivor matches are inherently more enjoyable and relaxing than killer ones still. Having terrible team-mates for sure sucks, but it's still a major pressure reliever having any team. Aside from the de-facto cheating that VC creates, the bullying effect of 4 vs 1 is worsened by a huge rank variation (up to 10 ranks better even) due to a shortage of killer players. And while a bad survivor match usually means you're out early and can move along to the next one, killers are stuck for the whole ordeal and usually up until EGC expires since so many won't accept a win without teabagging you too.

I hate to presume anything, but my impression is that you probably don't play killer anywhere near as much as survivor, and I suspect your take isn't all that up to date. I'd very much recommend you try killer out exclusively tonight, ideally from like 8 to 10 pm, though however long you end up playing.

Let me know if you still feel too OP after that experience, but even more, I wanna know how much fun you're really having there.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

This guy sounds like the teammate to DC when they are the first to be downed and then rant on the forums about how OP killers are when facing a bubba.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

"Devs! Stop trying to make your game better!"

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

lol they are nerfing killers left and right what have you been smoking g

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Ah the ol "I'll never shop here again!" play, guess they'll just have to rely on their 1000's of other customers then.

Shame though he was the pillar hold this whole game up without him it just won't be the same.

(yes its snide but seriously why don't people think before posting this kind of unobjective trash on the forums)

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

The game can end any time! Just hit that delete button, CYA! Enjoy hello kitty island adventure, it'll probably help your stress.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I read your entire post and can nor clearly define your position. You are right I play survivor at least twice as much as killer, but after 2000+ hours I am not a noob to killer matches. Over the last year-year and a half BHVR has consistently nerfed survivors and buffed killers as a direct result of complaints about SWF being OP. For example, med-kits, insta-heals and toolboxes, BNP all nerfed to pretty much a useless state, removing loops, making vaults and pallets unsafe, opening up spaces and dead zones, breakable doors that the survivor can't break only the killer, EGC (completely killer-sided) and on and on and on. These changes combat organized teams of people, but completely screw solos who have to figure out work arounds without the support of other players.

I would completely support BHVR putting VC into the game so all players could communicate like COD. Then they could balance the game around that fact and not leave a quarter of their players out in the cold. I would also state that playing with strangers I feel a bit meh about but you get the idea.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    edited December 2020
  • Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Bye, because we are totally gonna miss your views that this game is killer sided (as you implied) :c

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The last straw for me will probably end up being these map 'reworks'.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Im blown away by the fact that there are people who actually think Killers are stronger then Survivors, it really does

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Devs stop making the game better unless its specifically making the game better for me

• Hekate
    Hekate Member Posts: 23

The game could easily be top-notch if not for the poor development choices, lazy cashgrabs and unprofessional community management.

This discussion has been closed.