MAJOR BUG: You've given me like 17 DLC characters for free

Felnex
Felnex Member Posts: 334

Platform: Steam

Description: I logged in (a few days ago...) and to my surprise found I owned several DLC character I did not have the previous day: Ace+Hag, Feng+Doctor, Quentin+Freddy, Kate+Clown, Spirit, Jane, Cheryl, Deathslinger, Oni, Ghostface, Leatherface, Laurie+Michael. That's a lot of DLC. I'm able to play as these characters, when I log out and return they're still there, and I'm able to level their bloodweb and unlock their teachables. But I did not purchase them.

Steps to reproduce: Before we went into lockdown again, my friend would come over and we'd play Dead by Daylight on MY computer logged into HIS steam account. Characters he purchased using real money from the Steam store (all buggy unlocks are listed above, they match what he has purchased and what I did not have) are now shared with me (although they weren't immediately after purchasing, this is a relatively recent bug).

How often does this occur: Every time I log in they're still there.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

Sounds like a MAJOR WIN to me

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Are you sure you're not on the PTB?

• Felnex
    edited November 2020
  • OkamiLuna
    OkamiLuna Member Posts: 2

I also have this problem, but mine is a little different. I believe mine is caused from Steam Family Sharing. It never was an issue before, but I took a break from the game for a few months and redownloaded it the other day and now I have all my friend's DLCs unlocked.

It's a little troublesome because there are characters I would like to buy with shards to use their perks but I can't at the moment.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

When the problem gets found out I really hope they let you keep them for your honesty and bringing it to their attention.

It sounds like it could be a steam problem though what with the two of you sharing.

Are you not accidentally still logged into his account?

• LexyTheKiller
    LexyTheKiller Member Posts: 54

This happened on my Xbox as well, this was 4-5 months back. My sister’s account had gotten all my DLC characters as well as having all my levels, teachable perks, achievements etc

It does sound like a big win tho as the grind for Bloodpoints and Iridescent shards are just stupid. I would honestly be happy not having to pay another penny to bhvr especially with the new bug chapter release😂 but this is just my opinion

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,932

You need to mail support for this one. This wont do anything on the forum.

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2020

Why are you complaining, just take advantage of it, you have a lot for free!

• Insanity
    Insanity Member Posts: 23

hi! PC player here, happened to me as well. I emailed the Dead by Daylight support team about this a month ago, and they told me that this was a glitch that affected numerous players along with the cosmetics glitch. they said that it’s okay, obviously nothing is your fault, and they said that I was free to play with the characters while I had them. I asked them about putting bloodpoints into the characters (I’m a rank 3 survivor with level 1 characters), and they said I’m free to do so as long as I’m aware that I won’t be compensated for the bloodpoints I use, and there’s no guarantee I’ll keep the perks in the end.

tl;dr: don’t worry about it, it’s been acknowledged! <3

• Felnex

Excellent, thank you for sharing that reassuring information with me.

• OkamiLuna
    OkamiLuna Member Posts: 2

But also that you may or may not lose the points in the end and the perks? That's the problem I was trying to avoid though in my case. I want some of the perks on Plague for example unlocked on my account and to use, I don't want to unlock them now only to have them revoked later. :(

And nope, I am on my own account, been months and months since his has been logged on this PC. We've even played DbD together without this happening.

Thank you for everyone's responses for myself as well.

• Felnex
    edited December 2020

Hi there, OP here. I don't think we have to worry about perks being removed after they're unlocked.

I actually had a seperate bug MONTHS ago where Splinter offerings (which have since been removed) semi-permanently unlocked DLC killers for me. I unlocked all their teachables and while I no longer have access to the Killers, I still have the perks. This was well before I logged onto my friends account so it's not related.

Yeah, when I think about it, I've gotten really lucky with bugs. I've spent almost no money on this game, but I have almost every perk thanks to BUGS.